Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

Loved the first one, second was okay but the third was laughable. Moriarty was an absolute joke, he was unbelievably bad and I didn't get him one little bit. It was like watching a charactor in a bad comedy :pinch:

Final Episode SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even kidding.

Seriously...

...Final Warning.....

[What's the betting, after all that - that this has already been posted ;)]

tumblr_l7kdh0gJSh1qbkf7go1_500.jpg

Via **** Yeah, Sherlock.

the link won't work - it's the naughty [F-Word]yeahsherlock.tumblr.com

no it hasn't and that's kinda awesome!

On the one hand - the internet is a big place (The Elders told me that one time I needed to borrow it ;) ), but on the other hand, the fact my Dashboard was full of the original being re-blogged by loads of people, made me think not :) Decided to play it on the downlow, and all that, though, just to be safe :)

tl;dr -> Damn it I wants the Blu-Ray. Now.

On the one hand - the internet is a big place (The Elders told me that one time I needed to borrow it ;) ), but on the other hand, the fact my Dashboard was full of the original being re-blogged by loads of people, made me think not :) Decided to play it on the downlow, and all that, though, just to be safe :)

tl;dr -> Damn it I wants the Blu-Ray. Now.

yeah I needs me the blu-ray now so I can keep watching them until new episodes appear!

Whoa this show looks promising! :D

yes! watch the 3 episodes the show was really good!

yeah I needs me the blu-ray now so I can keep watching them until new episodes appear!

I'd hoped they'd keep 'em on iPlayer until the disc gets released, but it looks like they've removed 'em. Personally, I'm interested in watching this unaired pilot episode - be interested to see how it differs from the aired eps (I don't even know if it's the same cast).

And Jase - Definitely check it out, if / when you get the chance.

Sherlock has been recommissioned for a second series, BBC One Controller Jay Hunt has confirmed. The show, which launched to over 7.5m viewers in July, will return for three new 90-minute episodes in Autumn 2011. Crime drama Luther will also return with two, two-hour specials.

Talking of the recommissions, Hunt said: "Sherlock was the hit of the Summer; Luther, the most memorable new detective on the block. I am delighted they will both be returning to BBC One."

Sherlock co-creators Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat added: "We've been overwhelmed by the warmth of response to our new Sherlock Holmes and John Watson and can't wait to take them on three new adventures next year.

"There'll be baffling new puzzles, old friends and new enemies - whether on two, or four legs. And we might well be seeing the cold master of logic and reason unexpectedly falling. But in love? Or over a precipice? Who can tell?"

The show, which launched to over 7.5m viewers in July, will return for three new 90-minute episodes in Autumn 2011.

Thats more than a year :( Still, good news.

That's two annoying Sherlock related things in one day - first the announcement it won't be back for 12 months (kinda obvious, but still a shame), then the fact that a lot of people who pre-ordered the blu-ray set early on Amazon (which I was this close to doing) have had them arrive this morning!

• 1 month later...
Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat has revealed some hints about the second series of the detective drama.

Sherlock will return in 2011 with three 90-minute episodes. In the meantime, Moffat dropped a few clues about the upcoming series in a recent interview with NPR?s Morning Edition.

"The critical words, I?d say, would be - Adler, Hound, Reichenbach," declared Moffat.

"Adler" refers to Irene Adler, a character from the short story A Scandal in Bohemia. She is considered to be a love interest in some versions of the detective?s tales. Rachel McAdams played her in the recent cinematic version of Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr.

"Hound" refers to The Hound of the Baskervilles, one of the four novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle featuring the detective. The novel tells the story of an attempted murder inspired by the legend of a mythical hound.

Finally, "Reichenbach" refers to the location in which Holmes and Moriarty have their final battle.

Sherlock stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson, and follows Conan Doyle?s characters in modern-day London.

How is this a series with less than 6 episodes like the other british television series? What the hell is wrong with british people?

We dont have limit minimum or other wise for the number of episodes for a show here, some come in 3, 4, 6 and 12 generally or some random number, lol.

And British tv shows also have a far smaller budget per episode than US counterparts, which also goes with the fact we have fewer people too.

How is this a series with less than 6 episodes like the other british television series? What the hell is wrong with british people?

We go for quality over quantity. Besides, a 90 minute episode is as good as being a film, and given some of the rubbish that gets released these days this was brilliant.

EDIT: Or, you know, listen to Corris. :laugh:

• 2 months later...
Writer Steven Moffat spoke with The Guardian about the anticipated returns of two hit BBC shows: Doctor Who and Sherlock.

The writer, who took over as show runner for the fifth season of Doctor Who from Russell T. Davies, was tight-lipped about details of the sixth season, which sees the return of Matt Smith as the eleventh Doctor. Instead, he mainly spoke about the pressure and expectations on him to do well with the series.

While he didn?t spill any information about the upcoming sixth season of Doctor Who, he did give some clues as to what to expect for Season 2 of Sherlock.

?You can have three words to work from,? he laughs. ?Adler, Hound, Reichenbach. Those are your clues.?

Sherlock, which was co-written and co-created by Moffat and Mark Gatiss, is a modern take on the classic Sir Arthur Conan Doyle detective Sherlock Holmes and stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson. The first season consisted of three 90-minute episodes.

Oh Moffat - you had me at Adler. If they do her right...

yeah, I liked Rachel Mcadams in Sherlock Holmes playing that role

• 2 months later...

I'm watching the third episode at the moment...

I'm really, really hoping this continues for more than six episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When are the new episodes airing?

It was originally supposed to be this autumn, though I'm not sure if that's still the case [the delay in getting started on The Hobbit might have affected the date]