Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

I can't wait that long; I guess I'll try Elementary in the mean while :(

I am looking forward to that actually, just to see what their slant on the story is with a female Watson

• 2 months later...

Sherlock pushed back to Late 2013/Early 2014

Start of production on the third cycle of the fan-adored detective drama has been moved from January to March. Sources say the shift was necessary to accommodate the busy schedules of the show?s breakout stars, Benedict Cumberbatch (who?s filming Star Trek 2) and Martin Freeman (starring in The Hobbit).

The BBC has not announced a premiere date for season three, but given that January was previously announced as the start of production, fans were expecting to see Holmes and Watson return in the summer. Sources say the BBC will air Sherlock series three in late 2013. PBS has to wait until after the BBC?s window. A PBS spokesperson says Sherlock will air either late 2013 ? or early 2014.

Source: EW

My wife and I watched both series' a few months ago and loved them. Episode two of each seems to be the weakest of the bunch, but the show is superb. Bummed about the delay, but we're excited about the possibilities.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very glad that filming has started i have eagerly awaited the shows return.

Season 4 is confirmed

Speaking with RadioTimes, Cumberbatch revealed that he has already signed on for a fourth series of Sherlock:

?We?ve agreed to two more series but I could get into trouble for saying that. All I know at the moment is I?m doing these three [episodes of the upcoming series] and another three.?

746308700.jpg

Mark Gatiss has revealed the title of season 3?s first episode via Twitter, identifying the premiere as ?The Empty Hearse.?

?The Empty Hearse? no doubt correlates to the classic Sir Arthur Conan Doyle story ?The Adventure of the Empty House,? in which the character of Sherlock Holmes was similarly revived from his death plummeting from Reichenbach Falls, and introduced to the character of Sebastian Moran. As for how our ?Sherlock? survived his seemingly conclusive death, Gatiss remained mum, but previously teased how Sherlock might ultimately reveal his return to his partner John Watson (Martin Freeman).

We made a decision right from the get-go that he would not do disguise in the traditional sense. He actually has a line in [series one finale] the Great Game which is ?The art of disguise is knowing how to hide in plain sight? and that was because, right from the start, I thought modern day Sherlock Holmes would not put putty noses on, he would basically be standing behind you now and you wouldn?t know he was there. Ben [Cumberbatch] has put on various costumes but it?s more about being invisible.

very excited i saw a few photos of them shooting over the weekend and eagerly await more episodes later this year.

Wow, so even before season 3 started they greenlit 4. We still in for 3 episodes per season?

• 4 weeks later...
Steve Thompson - the man who penned series two's dramatic finale The Reichenbach Fall - will write the second instalment of the new series under the title The Sign of Three.

Thompson was also the writer of series one episode The Blind Banker and has worked on Doctor Who's upcoming series 7b episode Journey to the Centre of the Tardis.

Fans of the Sherlock Holmes books will notice the significance of the latest episode title which relates to Arthur Conan Doyle's novel The Sign of Four in which Watson meets his future wife Mary Morstan.

Speculation that series three might see Martin Freeman's Waston [sic] meet his love match began in earnest a fortnight ago when news broke that Freeman's real-life partner Amanda Abbington had joined the cast. When asked whether the new title was confirmation of this, Gatiss and Moffat simply repeated the official quote first circulated two weeks ago, saying Abbington's is a role “that significantly impacts upon the lives of John and Sherlock

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-10/sherlock-series-3-episode-2-title-revealed-as-the-sign-of-three

• 1 month later...

Just watched the first two seasons and enjoyed them. Glad to hear there are at least two more seasons (if you can call them that) coming. Can't wait to see more.

Jeremy Brett > All, but I will give the nod to the BBC over the Guy Richie flicks for 2nd. I much preferred the use of 'stop action' in portraying the deductive process vs the fights.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I just finished watching seasons 1 and 2.

The original pilot episode "0" with all those mumbo jumbo graphics while doing deductions is a lot better than episode one if you as me...

To neowinians, I say to thee,  is elementary as good as this or even worth watching?

• 5 weeks later...

The title of the third and final episode of Sherlock Series 3 has been revealed.

The BBC twitter feed confirmed it as ?His Last Vow.?

The finale is written by Steven Moffat and directed by Nick Hurran.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently watched the very first episode, why have I not tuned in before? Brilliant!

Same here. I started watching on Friday and finished yesterday. Brilliant show. A thousand times better than that crappy American "Elementary" version.

Recently watched the very first episode, why have I not tuned in before? Brilliant!

Did you watch both? There's two versions of the first episode.