Lightrrom 3 Beta 2

Adobe has opened the second public beta of its Photoshop Lightoom 3 software for immediate download from its Adobe Labs site. Lightroom 3 will be based around a new processing engine and the second iteration adds luminance noise reduction to the color noise reduction options that appeared in the initial beta. The latest beta also supports tethered shooting for a number of Nikon and Canon DSLRs, enables importing and management of video files and improves overall functioning of the software

Source: http://www.dpreview.com/news/1003/10032301lightroombetaupdate.asp

I've yet to try LR3 (currently using 2.6), has anyone tried it?

Hmmm I dunno, looks good, but will it mess up my current LR libraries?

Probably not, I'm holding out for the final version though, just in case they change something.

I saw that even LR2 or LR1 files are processed using the old algorithms (unless you specify otherwise) so that there are no (unwanted) changes in images already processed from the new implementations of, say, noise reduction.

I just upgraded from LR3 Beta1 to LR3 Beta2. When I upgraded from LR2 to LR3 it wouldn't let me use my LR2 library, so I had to make a new one. Kind of a pain. Can anyone comment on whether or not this will be possible in the final version?

Overall though, LR3 looks pretty good. I haven't found it to be leaps and bounds better than LR2 though.