Gundam Discussion Thread

The mobile suit looks awesome though I'm not too sure about it's weapon. It would be awesome if it was a space-only type of weapon, but not as his main weapon. The Unicorn parts look quiet awesome with the QAN[T] parts.

On a side note; I'm in the process of building Gundam 00 Qan[T] 1/100 MG. It's loads of fun to build. Plus it has sweet little details in the GN plates (forgot the correct name for these plates) on his head, arms and in the GN Drive itself.

I really love gundams! i might get a collection of my own when i move into my next house, maybe you guys could show me stuff i could get :D

^Well, I think that only you can figure out which ones you should get. Everyone has their own favourite Gundams from the series/mangas so :p

Surely transformers are better toys ?

It's different. You actually build these and see how the assemble together and they are more like collectibles than toys.

5439425798_e5671d6a08.jpg

:D

That's looking pretty damn awesome! :D I should get one myself as well :D

@MillionVoltss: Wouldn't know why you'd ask that tbh. This is about Gunpla which is something completely different than Transformer toys. These aren't toys, these are figurines which you have to build yourself. Then again, Gundam is something completely different than Transformers as well.

Thanks man! yeah I also have the shield and gun done as well. Not sure if I want to make the rocket launcher though. How is the Quan[T] coming along?

It's coming along nicely. Though I'm taking more time to build it this time around for some odd reason. Though yeah, it's coming along nicely. Also, I shall post my RX-78-2 MG 1/100 along with my Qan[T] ones the latter is done :p

I wish they did a RG 1/100 version of RX-78-2. Imagine the amount of parts it would have! :woot: I'd buy it without a doubt and have a blast building it.

Oh yeah, speaking of the Qan[T], there's actually one with the Full Saber system.

HG_-_GNT-0000-FS_-_00_QanT_Full_Saber_-_Boxart.jpg

Man I wish they made it with the MG. I'm really hoping they will. Like what they did with the Strike Freedom, Destiny and Exia. What I mean is that they had alternate versions. The Strike Freedom had the Full Burst Mode, Destiny had the Extreme Blast Mode and Exia had the Repair mode.

edit: I also just found my wallpaper ^.^... didn't realize it was so high quality :D

^There's also a addon set for the Qan[T] which contains the parts for the Full Saber system :p I personally don't care much for it as it wasn't shown in the movie. Therefore it's just an extra thing for people who'd like to add it.

Also, there's an addon set which contains the LED GN Drive for Qan[T]. When you build the Qan[T], you get the choice to add a sticker to the chest piece, or leave it blank with just the green plastic chest piece. For now I opted for the sticker as I don't have the proper led. Though I _might_ remove the sticker and do my own LED addon to the GN Drive.

Not 100% sure about the Full Saber system as I'm not interested in that :p However, I am sure about the GN Drive as it says so in the booklet :rofl: Though if you've already got the Gundam 00 1/100 MG LED version, you could use that LED too.

Yes, I think so. The one with the LED, that's for sure :p

Also, wouldn't mind having this version of 0 Gundam in 1/100 MG quality:

y969.jpg

Unfortunately, yes :/

There are also some Gundam models which aren't from the anime but from the manga which I'd like to have in 1/100 MG. Like for instance:

Gundam%20Hazel.jpghguc-hazel.jpg

Gundam Hazel (from Advance of Zeta: The Flag of Titans.)

Or this one:

img_gundam3.jpg

Yes, I have a VERY soft spot for the RX line Gundam :p

I also wouldn't mind if they'd make a 1/100 MG version of RX-78-2 Kai:

08.jpg

Tried to take some pics from my RX-78-2 1/100 MG v2 but it's constantly getting too much light from my phone's flash. I'll try to take some shots tomorrow during daylight with the RX-79[G] next to it :D And perhaps even RX-78-5 :p

OH man that RX78-2 Kai looks amazing. I've also started a custom Gundam.. It's made out of High Grade 1/100. Think Destiny and Impulse. :D... Will probably make a MG version as soon as I get a MG Destiny kit. Pics coming soon. :cool:

I had two, but I was definitely given it as a gift way too young... I built them and played with them like I would any other toy and they ended up as bent plastic. No idea where they are now. lol

^Lol, you must regret that now :p

@Razorwing: Looking forward to see both :D

Another beauty:

3042382609_a6b7e22276_o.jpg

It does look good but it's still a no for me. It makes Qan[T] look bulky like the Twin Drive system did with 00 Gundam. The bulkiness of Virtue, Seravee and Raphael look perfect with those 3 suits. It just doesn't fit Qan[T] IMO. Plus, it's never being used nor even shown in the series so I don't really care for it :p Qan[T] looks way more awesome without the extra weapon. I like my Qan[T] to look similar to Exia, instead of adding bulk to it :p

It's odd how that one doesn't have the engravings in the chest piece, green leg- and arm-pieces though. My version actually does have the engravings.

^ but Bulky Gundams ftw .:laugh: I guess it doesn't have the engravings because it's a 1/144 version of the Qan[T] When are your pictures coming?