Gundam Discussion Thread

He's totally right, and the booster was shown off at the end of Episode 6 when the banshee was equipped with it, thus used against mobile suits from the Nahel Argama.

I was confused at first when I watched it the first time. Actually, was that the first time it was used in the OVA, I always rewatch the first 5?

Yeah, it was the first time it was used.

@Razorwing: Same here! And this cover image suggests it will among with others from "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - Bande Dessinee" suggests that Unicorn Gundam will get it:

bande_dessinee_vol_8_armed_armor_de.jpg

Though I'm not sure how far that manga is into the story compared with the OVA.

Also, "Mobile Suit Gundam - Unicorn Bande Dessinee" is partially used for the OVA adaptation. "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Bande Dessinee" started out as being a new story different from the original novelization and OVA. Though they clearly mixed the 2 when they made episode 6 by adding "Armed Armor DE".

• 4 weeks later...

Delta Plus

Remember when you said the Delta Plus wasn't a Gundam? :s

Remember when Marida Cruz said "YOU'RE A GUNDAM TOO?!"

Yea, it got to me again. :/

She might have said that, but that doesn't make the Delta Plus a Gundam all of a sudden :p Delta Plus is just a powerful mobile suit which is based off of a Gundam and the only Gundam in Gundam Unicorn are Unicorn Gundam and Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee. Delta Plus and Gundam Delta Kai are going to be featured in an upcoming manga in December by the way.

@Razorwing: Good luck :p

Yeah, it was the first time it was used.

@Razorwing: Same here! And this cover image suggests it will among with others from "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - Bande Dessinee" suggests that Unicorn Gundam will get it:

[Picture]

Though I'm not sure how far that manga is into the story compared with the OVA.

Also, "Mobile Suit Gundam - Unicorn Bande Dessinee" is partially used for the OVA adaptation. "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Bande Dessinee" started out as being a new story different from the original novelization and OVA. Though they clearly mixed the 2 when they made episode 6 by adding "Armed Armor DE".

Well, if in the anime Unicorn gets it then Bandai will get to make another kit, reusing the Unicorn mold and adding the Armed Armor DE parts.

(or maybe it works in reverse, Bandai affects what gets in as a sponsor?)

Then if such a kit comes some people may regret buying a book or another Norn for the parts.

^As far as I know it's the writers of the series who decides what gets to be put into the anime/manga. The creators of the series also come up with the various mobile suit designs and whatnot. I do believe they have to run it through Bandai for critique and whatnot. But I don't think Bandai has a say in what gets shown in a certain anime/manga. And certainly not if it's an adaption of an already established story, like Gundam Unicorn. IMO, it would also ruin the story if Bandai decides to suddenly add things that aren't even part of the story/original story.

Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed it but Unicorn Gundam actually already has it in episode 6. I can't believe we all missed it.. but I just checked it and he definitely has it.

Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed it but Unicorn Gundam actually already has it in episode 6. I can't believe we all missed it.. but I just checked it and he definitely has it.

Really? :p I thought I was the only one who noticed a dozen replies ago when the episode came out. You spoke about it only being in the manga, right? (I'm too lazy to scroll.) :D

Then click the arrow on the post that iron2000 quoted of me in his post :p You'll see we were talking about the fact that Unicorn 02 Banshee had it, and talking about it like Unicorn didn't have it yet. I never said that Armed Armor DE was only in the manga, I suggested that since Unicorn Gundam also has it in the manga that he'll get it in episode 7 as well. But he already has it in episode 6.

Then click the arrow on the post that iron2000 quoted of me in his post :p You'll see we were talking about the fact that Unicorn 02 Banshee had it, and talking about it like Unicorn didn't have it yet. I never said that Armed Armor DE was only in the manga, I suggested that since Unicorn Gundam also has it in the manga that he'll get it in episode 7 as well. But he already has it in episode 6.

Oh! Yea, yea, now I remember, I was thinking about the Banshee rather than the Unicorn. Then again, there's the full armor, which I wondered how it would maneuver so well. :p

Unicorn Gundam even has 3 Armed Armor DE, lol. Can't believe that I missed it :pinch: He has 1 on each arm and one on his back.

Also, the mobile suit is pretty strong so they adjusted his arms to counter the weight. Plus, most of the stuff is on his back as well.

Unicorn Gundam even has 3 Armed Armor DE, lol. Can't believe that I missed it :pinch: He has 1 on each arm and one on his back.

Also, the mobile suit is pretty strong so they adjusted his arms to counter the weight. Plus, most of the stuff is on his back as well.

I'm just gonna rewatch all 6 again, eventually, and check out all the armor again along with studying all the character's backgrounds. :p

Haha, same :p Though I'll be watching them before watching episode 7 just to catch up on everything again.

Haha, same :p Though I'll be watching them before watching episode 7 just to catch up on everything again.

I do the same every time the next one comes out! :D

I wish there was a series where it could just keep going, like additional series for 00. Ahh man, 10 seasons going and still fresh.

I'm glad that Gundam isn't an anime like that. The only anime that kept going on and on that I've seen is Dragonball Z. I'm glad that they never followed that format with Gundam because it wouldn't be fresh with 10 season at all. Gundam 00 also rounded up pretty nicely with the 2nd season so it could've even have gone on for 10 seasons.

There needs to be a start, a middle and a proper ending. You can't really achieve that by going on for 10 seasons. They'd just keep milking it with filler episodes and whatnot. I'd much rather see several series set in 1 universe like they did with Universal Century. But it's now seems to be the trend to start a new universe with each anime they're producing for television.

I'm glad that Gundam isn't an anime like that. The only anime that kept going on and on that I've seen is Dragonball Z. I'm glad that they never followed that format with Gundam because it wouldn't be fresh with 10 season at all. Gundam 00 also rounded up pretty nicely with the 2nd season so it could've even have gone on for 10 seasons.

There needs to be a start, a middle and a proper ending. You can't really achieve that by going on for 10 seasons. They'd just keep milking it with filler episodes and whatnot. I'd much rather see several series set in 1 universe like they did with Universal Century. But it's now seems to be the trend to start a new universe with each anime they're producing for television.

Totally true, Gundam 00 will always remain my favorite as it seems to store something more logical throughout the story than all the other series besides U.C. Heck I'm still trying to get my mom back into Gundam, but she'd only watch Naruto and Inuyasha.

Actually Naruto Shippuden, given that that new episodes come out every Thursday, and it's the 312th episode, they seem to round it up great now being over 600 episodes in within the 2 series, but of course there are many fillers to it, but the story is vastly huge and connected throughout almost every character.

Gundam 00's film didn't really fit the series IMO though. There shouldn't be aliens in the Gundam Franchise, lol. Also, the 2nd season of it was a bit of a mess as far as I can remember. It was a good season but it was a bit of a mess compared to the 1st season.

Anyway, Gundam shouldn't make a series of 600 episodes like ever. The shorter stories is what makes Gundam a good anime. Also, you can't really compare Naruto with Gundam because Gundam is about wars. Having a war spanned over 600 episodes would become boring pretty quickly.

Gundam 00's film didn't really fit the series IMO though. There shouldn't be aliens in the Gundam Franchise, lol. Also, the 2nd season of it was a bit of a mess as far as I can remember. It was a good season but it was a bit of a mess compared to the 1st season.

Anyway, Gundam shouldn't make a series of 600 episodes like ever. The shorter stories is what makes Gundam a good anime. Also, you can't really compare Naruto with Gundam because Gundam is about wars. Having a war spanned over 600 episodes would become boring pretty quickly.

In the movie, there's only one thing that questions me. The apparent clone of Trinity.

In the 2nd season, it's because they were really trying to fit in the tradition of having newtypes and cyber newtypes, blonde guys with masks, and the main characters who always happen to be lucky to pilot the Gundam in eventuality.

The later doesn't make sense for Gundam 00. It's not like in Mobile Gundam Suit were he decides to pilot a Gundam. Setsuna was basically chosen to be the pilot by Celestial Being. For me those weren't really the reasons why it was a mess. The 1st season just felt way better than the 2nd season. Story telling felt better, the characters felt better. Saji's crap didn't have to be in season 2 and Louise was kinda annoying as well. I'd have to re-watch season 2 to see what made me feel like it was a mess though. But I do remember I had that feeling the 1st time around when I watched it.

Also, Mina Carmine actually is a clone of Nena Trinity. It's nothing new in the Gundam Franchise. Full Frontal is a clone of Char in the manga as well which is even more apparent.

The aliens are the only thing that bothers me about the movie. It just doesn't make sense in the Gundam franchise, IMO. That and that Setsuna and Marina say the same thing at the end is what bothered me.

The later doesn't make sense for Gundam 00. It's not like in Mobile Gundam Suit were he decides to pilot a Gundam. Setsuna was basically chosen to be the pilot by Celestial Being. For me those weren't really the reasons why it was a mess. The 1st season just felt way better than the 2nd season. Story telling felt better, the characters felt better. Saji's crap didn't have to be in season 2 and Louise was kinda annoying as well. I'd have to re-watch season 2 to see what made me feel like it was a mess though. But I do remember I had that feeling the 1st time around when I watched it.

Also, Mina Carmine actually is a clone of Nena Trinity. It's nothing new in the Gundam Franchise. Full Frontal is a clone of Char in the manga as well which is even more apparent.

The aliens are the only thing that bothers me about the movie. It just doesn't make sense in the Gundam franchise, IMO. That and that Setsuna and Marina say the same thing at the end is what bothered me.

You're right on being chosen. I suppose Gundam 00should be considered a covert version of the franchise along with MS 08th.

I loved the 1st season for the story, I love the 2nd season for the action. It was episode 11 I believe, when Setsuna first quantized himself, that's where I got crazy about it! I'm the aesthetic type. :p Saji and Louise was definitely annoying. But I don't think it'd be as easy for the creators to cut a character out to the next season unless that character made an exit or was killed.

Gundam 00 came out as one of the most aggressive in my opinion, and one of the few gundams where scenes aren't repetitive like Seed.

Well, 08th MS Team is something completely different than Gundam 00. 08th MS Team is just about a mobile suit infantry in UC. Gundam 00 is about Celestial Being trying to eradicate war.

That's true, but they could've made them appear less annoying in the 2nd season :p Not sure what it was for season 2 that did it for me. The first episode maybe with the stealthy Setsuna. The 2nd time of watching season 2 that episode made some impact on me. Then again, the 2nd time of watching Gundam 00 I was watching it in 1080p, that already did a lot on its own.

You're forgetting about Gundam Wing, which Gundam 00 shares similarities with. Gundam Wing was very aggressive as well and more western than any of the Gundam series.

Gundam 00 also rounded up pretty nicely with the 2nd season so it could've even have gone on for 10 seasons

while true, the movie tried to cram too much in and could have instead been a third season (would have had a LOT of potential doing it that way i think). as it was they hardly got to show off the new gundams in the movie

You're forgetting about Gundam Wing, which Gundam 00 shares similarities with. Gundam Wing was very aggressive as well and more western than any of the Gundam series.

I'd almost say the G-Gundam was more western than Gundam Wing. but that could just be me

I'd almost say the G-Gundam was more western than Gundam Wing. but that could just be me

Ehh, Gundam Wing was more of a "take it seriously" version of G-Gundam + Gundam 00. Gundam Seed was too J-pop for me and I just watched the 2 seasons again.

Not really sure how something from the past could be something else from the past mixed with the future :p If any, the creators of Gundam 00 looked at Gundam Wing for inspiration. There's lots of similarities. There's hardly any similarity between G-Gundam and Gundam Wing though if you ask me. And yeah, Gundam Wing was a series with a more serious tone, than the ones after Zeta Gundam.

while true, the movie tried to cram too much in and could have instead been a third season (would have had a LOT of potential doing it that way i think). as it was they hardly got to show off the new gundams in the movie

True that. It would've been a better story if they had done that.

Well, Gundam Wing is the first Gundam show to be popular in the US and even more popular than in Japan. That's why I called it a more western Gundam series.

Snip!

Snip!

Seriously? 3.0? Should be interesting.

Very interesting. People thing that it's the RG version in MG form, i.e. color separation and loads of decals. It does look to have more decals than v2.0. I'll definitely be getting v3.0, even though I already have v2.0 :p