Apply for Steam Mac Beta

So the MAC store shows more games available, and they are Steam Play, but I do not have the option to install them as I already bought them on PC.

like Civ IV for example.

Try restarting the client.

Looks like Killing Floor was removed from the Mac Compatible games. I can't install it anymore :(.

I believe the beta had more games than they planned to release today, or possibly some of them were improperly tagged. For example, Portal appears to be the only Valve game available so far.

I, for one, am impressed that they actually launched it for the Mac today. They only delayed the release once! They're improving!

I have TF2 on my Steam account but its not showing up. I tried adding it back in, but its saying I already have it but I can't see it anywhere. Anyone else having this problem?

--edit--

Just checked the Steam Forum. Seem like this is a wide spread problem. Hopefully we'll see TF2 by the weekend (or next week)

I have TF2 on my Steam account but its not showing up. I tried adding it back in, but its saying I already have it but I can't see it anywhere. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, I don't see it either. I wonder.

It will show up in coming weeks.

TF2 is probably hidden on OS X until they have the game port ready - which should be soon. Until then there's Portal for free.

No Audiosurf :( Do you guys think that the list of Mac compatible games will get bigger over the next few weeks? I hope Audiosurf gets included. I'm happy to see Civ IV is Mac compatible, I really have missed that game since I ditched Windows. Unfortunately I had the standalone game (not purchased through Steam), so if I want it on here I'll have to pay ?25 to buy it again.

Portal downloaded in about 1hr 30m yesterday, when it was first released.

On my new 21.5" entry-level iMac it runs sorta ok on high settings with AA off. Frame rate is a little low.

The game defaults to muuuch lower settings though. This is fair however, since the graphics card in these things aren't fantastic. The game itself looks identical other than fonts used. Loading times are mega quick as well. I'm impressed.

For the record, if anyone is going to post any frames per second statistics or anything, they should disclose exactly what the specs of their computer are (cpu, ram, gpu) so that we can get a realistic understanding of how the ports are performing overall on different Mac hardware. I'll post my info as soon as I receive my laptop and get a chance to install it.

TF2 was in the Mac beta but they haven't released it yet so it won't decrypt. I suspect it'll come next Wednesday.

@Remysaus: Try quitting the Steam client and restarting it or pausing then resuming the download. Sometimes the Windows client gets stuck like that too.

--edit--

Just checked the Steam Forum. Seem like this is a wide spread problem. Hopefully we'll see TF2 by the weekend (or next week)

From what I understand, TF2 is still in beta Mac. So, they have removed it from the lists of those not in the Mac beta, because otherwise, we would all be able to download it. It's been in beta for some time, so, hopefully it's going to be the next game rolled out this upcoming Wednesday.

Ran Portal on my early 2010 MBP (13 inch, 2.53ghz C2D, 4gb ram, 9400m) , ran perfectly fine on all defaults at 30fps (windowed and fullscreen) and I kicked it's ass. :p

There were some loading time issues that irked me a little though.

Steam crashed on my iMac yesterday while viewing trailers on the Steam store. The crash report said it was the Flash plugin. Kind of funny and of particular relevance to the recent events surrounding Apple and Adobe :D.

okay so I have a little question here:

I have steam installed and logged in with my decades-old account which I havent used for ages. In my library it says, that I have Half Life 2, HL2 EP1 and a few others, like CS and stuff.

I bought them back then for my Windows PC, loved 'em, played 'em.

Does that SteamPlay feature mean that, as time goes by, those games I bought back then will be available for download later?

I heard some talking about SteamPlay being about buy once, get both platforms, so do previously bought games qualify for that or is that only for newer ones?

While I don't think so, it would certainly be awesome and to be sure I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

okay so I have a little question here:

I have steam installed and logged in with my decades-old account which I havent used for ages. In my library it says, that I have Half Life 2, HL2 EP1 and a few others, like CS and stuff.

I bought them back then for my Windows PC, loved 'em, played 'em.

Does that SteamPlay feature mean that, as time goes by, those games I bought back then will be available for download later?

I heard some talking about SteamPlay being about buy once, get both platforms, so do previously bought games qualify for that or is that only for newer ones?

While I don't think so, it would certainly be awesome and to be sure I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

Correct - you'll be able to download the games you bought on Windows once they become available on OS X for free. The next game to be available this Wednesday is likely TF2.

jesus thats awesome!

Now I just have to wait for HL2 to be released. ;) Been thinking about installing BootCamp just to play HL again...

Thanks for the info!