• [Yes] South America
    • [No] South America
    • [Yes] Asia
    • [No] Asia
    • [Yes] Africa
    • [No] Africa
    • [Yes] Antarctica
    • [No] Antarctica

I know this poll was made over 2 years ago, but things change.

This is a pretty straight forward poll, obviously just for the males. Are you circumcised?

As the majority of our visitors are from North America and Europe, they have their own poll, while others are merged into one.

No. When I was a kid my friend told me about when he had it done when he was like 6 years old. It seemed pretty traumatic.

I was circumcised when I was eight. There was nothing traumatic about it

Yes, and honestly being that it was done shortly after i was born I have no idea if it was the better thing or not being that i have no knowledge of it otherwise lol. My wife seams to like it so who cares :p

Yes. I wish I wasn't because I think it is ridiculous. My parents say they did it for "health reasons" but as much attention as I've given the thing I doubt very much that there would be an issues with not being circumcised. I think they really did it for religious reasons. I am not Jewish, btw.

Yep I am, had it done when I was 11.

Nothing painful, they give you some general anesthesia in that region..

No one amputating anything. You just lose a little bit of skin.

It's close enough. There's no good reason to go cutting off random parts of the body for no good reason, especially not one of the most sensitive parts of it! I heard Jesus likes a shriveled up prune though.

Really, it's mostly an American phenomenon, one that I believe was originally intended to curb masturbation (because it was a sin.) It's not really practiced elsewhere in the western world, except in severe medical situations where it's the only option (preputioplasty/frenuloplasty being preferred when possible.) Doing it to an infant that can't consent? Not even close to acceptable in most of the world.

No. From what I've gathered it's unusual for an American not to be, but it's the other way around in most other countries.

I am. I had mine done when I was a newborn, so I don't know why it was done, but my parents tell me it was for medical reasons.

I am. I had mine done when I was a newborn, so I don't know why it was done, but my parents tell me it was for medical reasons.

Foreskins are used in makeup and skin care, you know. It's an entire industry. Some woman has probably had yours on her face. It's all rather absurd.

Honestly, if I ever have a boy, I would never do that to him... I think you should keep what you are born with

I'm positive your wife will disagree with you on that. And it got nothing to do to religious or medical reasons.

Most woman just find the "turtle neck" disgusting, and just not "aesthetic".

I'm positive your wife will disagree with you on that. And it got nothing to do to religious or medical reasons.

Most woman just find the "turtle neck" disgusting, and just not "aesthetic".

Only in parts of America. It's entirely cultural. Maybe he should demand that they get her circumcised if they ever have a daughter, for "aesthetic" reasons. I think this is one place where the man might actually have some pull though, if he explains that he doesn't want it done to his son. At the same time though, there's probably just as many men that would go with circumcision just so he'll be "like dad."