• [Yes] South America
    • [No] South America
    • [Yes] Asia
    • [No] Asia
    • [Yes] Africa
    • [No] Africa
    • [Yes] Antarctica
    • [No] Antarctica

Un-circumcised looks disgusting and has much higher chances for health risks.

Looks disgusting? Entirely cultural, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking it should look a certain way. In parts of the world without this indoctrination, it's a complete non issue, and it's in fact circumcision that looks weird.

As for higher health risks, that's just nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense. Do you never wash or something? Are you saying circumcision is good because it means you only have to shower every two months? If we wanted to do something that actually reduced dangerous illness, we should start chopping off breasts as that greatly reduces the risk of breast cancer and has no side effects.

Circumcision in America is entirely a cultural thing that can't be defended medically. That is why even the American Medical Association does not support it. This should tell you something.

No... People with no foreskin lose a lot of sensitivity in that area. I feel bad for them :pinch:

But what's the bad thing about it? Only makes you hold longer during sex, to satisfy your partner without the need for rings or other bull**** like that.

Looks disgusting? Entirely cultural, because you've been indoctrinated into thinking it should look a certain way. In parts of the world without this indoctrination, it's a complete non issue, and it's in fact circumcision that looks weird.

As for higher health risks, that's just nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense. Do you never wash or something? Are you saying circumcision is good because it means you only have to shower every two months? If we wanted to do something that actually reduced dangerous illness, we should start chopping off breasts as that greatly reduces the risk of breast cancer and has no side effects.

Circumcision in America is entirely a cultural thing that can't be defended medically. That is why even the American Medical Association does not support it. This should tell you something.

There's been several studies (outside US) linking un-circumcised to higher chances of health risks. Doesn't mean that you can be a slob or whatever or being circumcised lessons chances for **** by a wide percentage. However, they are there.

Rocket shrivelled dick definitely is :x :laugh:

But what's the bad thing about it? Only makes you hold longer during sex, to satisfy your partner without any need for rings or other bull**** like that.

Shame about the *******s though! What you describe is not a real issue. You learn how to do it quickly. Chopping half your wiener off to numb it is silly.

All the parts of your body have a function. They're there for a reason. That includes the foreskin. There's no benefit to removing it. All removing it does is reduce sensitivity and cause a higher risk of discomfort for the partner. The foreskin contains sensitive skin (which equals pleasure), helps keeps the head moist and soft instead of sandpapery (it isn't skin), and is designed to cover the ridge behind the head when you pull out so it's less like an ice pick.

There's been several studies (outside US) linking un-circumcised to higher chances of health risks. Doesn't mean that you can be a slob or whatever or being circumcised lessons chances for **** by a wide percentage. However, they are there.

Nonsense. The only thing I have heard of being an actual documented fact is that circumcision can slightly reduce the risk of certain STDs because removing the foreskin makes the glans thicken. This is, however, irrelevant in the western world. Again, cutting breasts off would save tons of people. This is an actual fact. Why not advocate for that instead? The reality is that circumcision was started to curb masturbation for religious reasons. Ever since, people have been trying to find various ways of defending it in the modern world.

• Like 3

I agree with most of the guys in here that having the foreskin removed for health reasons is a stupid reason because there are so many men that wash themselves and have no problems what so ever (and some women like it) .... I think a historian would be better suited to answer this but most likely is being done because of religion but in day'n age I am glad my parents did not do it and I will never do it to my kid (medical reasons excluded of course)

In a time when talk of genital mutilation is so sugarcoated as to call it something else I'm surprised that more people don't realize that we as a society are headed in the wrong direction.

BTW I am circumcised, but I wish I wasn't.

Ah not everyone lives on a continent. ie: NZ isnt a continent, (Even tho people may think its part of Oz, it isnt). But it does exist. If you didnt know. But it isnt listed

Yes, when I was a newborn. Not based on religion but supposed health risks. I've known no other way so I can't really comment much but no complaints from the ladies and no sensitivity issues what so ever.

It bothers me that you want to know, but the answer is yes. :p

+1...what a weird and disturbing poll to create coming form a another male. BUT....yes im cut!

what we need is a female poll telling us their breast size with photos. :devil:

Ah not everyone lives on a continent. ie: NZ isnt a continent, (Even tho people may think its part of Oz, it isnt). But it does exist. If you didnt know. But it isnt listed

Zealandia!

Yes, when I was a newborn. Not based on religion but supposed health risks. I've known no other way so I can't really comment much but no complaints from the ladies and no sensitivity issues what so ever.

Well, it's actually a scientific fact that it reduces sensitivity, so it's not really something that can be argued. Of course, your body will adjust to almost anything, including like we saw in that other thread, having half your brain taken out. That doesn't mean it should be done for no reason. It doesn't make your life any less complete, but I think everyone should try to prevent it from being done to future generations.

Those of you that claim it should be done because of "health risks" (I'm not saying you are, just in general) should ask themselves why medical associations do not recommend it. This includes the American ones. You are arguing it should be done for medical reasons when the medical community actually disagrees. I am not sure how you manage to reconcile these contradicting viewpoints.

My stance of this is that since there is no medical reason to do it, it should not be performed on infants that cannot consent. If adults want it done to themselves, then I support that. I can, however, say with certainty that virtually no adult men would choose it. In fact, I guarantee you that they would even prefer frenuloplasty/preputioplasty if there were medical issues and only consider circumcision as a last resort.

That is what reality is like in a society where infant circumcision is not practiced and thus no cultural indoctrionation exists. These places actually do exist, so this is not theoretical, it is fact.

Well, it's actually a scientific fact that it reduces sensitivity, so it's not really something that can be argued. Of course, your body will adjust to almost anything, including like we saw in that other thread, having half your brain taken out. That doesn't mean it should be done for no reason. It doesn't make your life any less complete, but I think everyone should try to prevent it from being done to future generations.

Those of you that claim it should be done because of "health risks" (I'm not saying you are, just in general) should ask themselves why medical associations do not recommend it. This includes the American ones. You are arguing it should be done for medical reasons when the medical community actually disagrees. I am not sure how you manage to reconcile these contradicting viewpoints.

My stance of this is that since there is no medical reason to do it, it should not be performed on infants that cannot consent. If adults want it done to themselves, then I support that. I can, however, say with certainty that virtually no adult men would choose it. In fact, I guarantee you that they would even prefer frenuloplasty/preputioplasty if there were medical issues and only consider circumcision as a last resort.

That is what reality is like in a society where infant circumcision is not practiced and thus no cultural indoctrionation exists. These places actually do exist, so this is not theoretical, it is fact.

I probably could have worded that a bit better being nothing that I could obviously tell. I completely agree with what you’re saying. The body does adapt and will in most cases successfully overcome.

As far as health concerns I've read a bit about it and the STD thing can make some sense, such as HPV and Herpes. The claim (which I really don't ever want to find out anyway) is the uncircumcised penis will stay moist longer and promote a higher chance of contracting said viruses. I am no doctor; however I can generally believe the data they are producing to argue that fact. Also according to studies 80 percent of the sexually active American population is infected or will be in their lifetime:

HPV is estimated to be the most common sexually transmitted infection in the United States.[10] Most sexually active men and women will probably acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives.[11] The American Social Health Association reported estimates that about 75-80% of sexually active Americans will be infected with HPV at some point in their lifetime.[12][13] By the age of 50 more than 80% of American women will have contracted at least one strain of genital HPV.

Source

This would further lead me to believe the health concerns can be great knowing HPV for example again, can and often results in cancer. I don’t have children yet, but hoping so soon. I’ve thought long and hard and I still haven’t made my mind of if I would put my son if I have one through it, but it’s definitely something I’d consider.

• 3 weeks later...

Hell nooooo!!!! why cut something perfectly normal which god gave us in first place!!!!

i am, thank god, most of the women i know think uncircumcised is disgusting...most uncirc'ed men i know think women believe their peener is bigger because of the extra skin, what a phallacy!! LMAO!!