Any way to get stereo to play through 7.1 speakers?

mateo lapiz    0

I have a set of 7.1 Creative Labs speakers hooked up to my computer and I really want to be able to play stereo audio through all of them, is there any way to do this?

Sorry ahead of time if this belongs in another section

Denis W.    734

If it's hooked to your computer... depends on what sound card (if available) you have.

If you're running Windows Vista/7, and you do not have a sound card (or have a non-Creative card), go into the Speaker properties, the Effects tab, and if 'Speaker Fill' is available, check it. If you have a Audigy or X-Fi card, enable (X-Fi)CMSS via your sound card's control panel.

InterceptorX    10

I know foobar2000 has a stereo to 4 channel plugin, since I use it. You might be able to find one for a 7.1 system.

mateo lapiz    0

I'm running win7 and I have speaker fill enabled but it does nothing for me :/

I'm mainly hoping to get iTunes to play through surround, and I know the other speakers work because when I play games with surround sound it works. Isn't there some third party software that could like spread the sound channels to all the speakers?

Oh, and I don't have a soundcard, they're plugged into the motherboard.

Denis W.    734

I'm running win7 and I have speaker fill enabled but it does nothing for me :/

I'm mainly hoping to get iTunes to play through surround, and I know the other speakers work because when I play games with surround sound it works. Isn't there some third party software that could like spread the sound channels to all the speakers?

Oh, and I don't have a soundcard, they're plugged into the motherboard.

Actually, there is; almost completely forgot about it.

Give SRS Audio Sandbox a try. It's buggy but it could work.

mateo lapiz    0

Thanks, I'll give it a go and let you know if it works :)

It did work, although there's no setting for 7.1....I'll keep looking, surely there's another program that can do it. If not, I'll settle with this, I guess.

mateo lapiz    0

I meant Shark 007 codecs....for some reason when I type that without a space it puts a link...