Blocking Everything

Hi Everyone,

I've got a network of car dealerships where I need to block... everything except the specific sites for that dealership. For example, I have a Mercedes dealer which needs to access MBUSA.com, mbnetstar.com, mb-advantage.com and all of the DMV sites for the entire country.

i've looked into opendns, but that doesn't block everything, and I'm only allowed 25 white/blacklisted items on the free version, and the higher versions cost way too much money per user (considering we have well over 1,000 computers). Also, I'm going to need a page that allows bypassing this block.

I'll be happy with a temporary solution that I can block everything on specific computers for now and just have the others point to opendns.

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW, my network is setup like this:

MPLS Structure, 18 locations

Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard at each location, Windows 2000-Mixed domain functionality. Each server is a domain controller to speed up authentication. Each server is also running DNS. Currently DNS is set up with forwarders to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 (OpenDNS).

Thanks,

Mike

use an ad based content filter. Everyone in the mecedes group gets block internet access except for these specific sites.

I believe untangle can do it, I know websense can, as well as a barracuda webfilter. Depending on how much you want to spend will depend on which software/appliance you want to use, some have more benefits than others.

• Like 1

sc302,

Thank You a lot! I just VM'ed untangle and it worked perfectly and does exactly what I need. I can unblock by IP address... which is not everything I wanted but something I can live with.

Again... Thanks!

-Mike