StickyNotes for Windows - Beta 9.3

Ever since Jeb added a pirate language I've been seeing people add it. :p

B8 seems good, except for me whenever I change it from Fancy to Basic or Basic to Fancy, it only changes the look of the main (original/first) note. All the others ignore it.

Don't we already have this in Windows 7? Like, they actually look like sticky notes too. Am I missing something with this or what?

Ever since Jeb added a pirate language I've been seeing people add it. :p

B8 seems good, except for me whenever I change it from Fancy to Basic or Basic to Fancy, it only changes the look of the main (original/first) note. All the others ignore it.

Yep :D Pirate is easy to do because I understand it in comparison to other languages like French or German :D

For some reason the Basic/Fancy options are really messed up :( It'll be fixed by B9 though :D

Don't we already have this in Windows 7? Like, they actually look like sticky notes too. Am I missing something with this or what?

It's an alternative to Windows Vistas/7s Sticky Notes app.

Compared to Window's version of StickyNotes, this has more features and actually looks better in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to the note to be "stuck to the desktop" but I see a Taskbar button.

How can I hide the Tasbkar button? Perhaps move it to the system tray or something?

New Dark UI option for those that prefer darker UIs.

pJIII.png

@King Mustard, I'll add an option to not show the Note in the taskbar but rather in the Notification Area, is that what you wanted?

New Dark UI option for those that prefer darker UIs.

<image snipped>

@King Mustard, I'll add an option to not show the Note in the taskbar but rather in the Notification Area, is that what you wanted?

Yep!

I've set StickyNotes to start with Windows but it starts with a blank Note and it's in the center of my screen (which isn't where I left it before I shut down Windows.

I've set StickyNotes to start with Windows but it starts with a blank Note and it's in the center of my screen (which isn't where I left it before I shut down Windows.

StickyNotes can't open Notes from the last time you closed them, BTW what version of StickyNotes are you using?

Metro app? :)

xuqNf.png

Hopefully by the time Windows 8 is out, although I don't have much time for it currently.

StickyNotes can't open Notes from the last time you closed them, BTW what version of StickyNotes are you using?

<image snipped>

Hopefully by the time Windows 8 is out, although I don't have much time for it currently.

I was using B8 but now I am using Stickies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

StickyNotes Update:

Nkn1m.png

vGsaZ.png

Hopefully it will make it for the B9 release (it's really buggy currently).

New Preferences UI (as well as Alert options)

KEGTq.png

Quick tip:

If you choose your Dropbox folder to store your Notes, Skins and Languages in, it'll sync with all your other devices and computers so you can effortlessly modify a note on the PC and then edit it on your phone for example, or use a skin from one computer on another one.

A new B9 Feature: HiDPI

B9 respects your DPI decisions and will change size accordingly.

Some B8 vs B9 vs B9 screenshots below.

7Yy8R.png

GmAaT.png

GF08t.png

• 1 month later...

StickyNotes PreB9 Release - Chicago

Update Notifications / Coming in B9

Better Managing of Notes

Better UI

Supports Dark UI

HiDPI support

Higher Resolution Graphics (@2X)

Include more options

Skins Alpha - Download an example skin @ Neowin.net

Download: http://db.tt/LEgq4U7j

Download Example Skin: http://db.tt/vKj7IBUd (Extract into Skins Folder, then open the Skins window from the Developer Options Context).

This is a pre-release to the full version of B9, which should come soon.

• 2 weeks later...

In B9, StickyNotes will save the colour you chose for the note and also display it when you open the note.

jl2xzd.jpg

Still no Metro App? :|

Nope :( I've made quite a few concepts for it, i've just not had the time to do anything :/

(However, you will be able to download a Windows 8 theme for StickyNotes when B9 is available.)

6c0sl.png

B9 also features redesigned alerts, they have a more metro-esque appearance to them to fit in with Windows 8.

X9PTQ.png

Nope :( I've made quite a few concepts for it, i've just not had the time to do anything :/

(However, you will be able to download a Windows 8 theme for StickyNotes when B9 is available.)

6c0sl.png

B9 also features redesigned alerts, they have a more metro-esque appearance to them to fit in with Windows 8.

X9PTQ.png

Well as awesome as that is, I was hoping for a metro app version of this by the time the RP hit. :\

Well as awesome as that is, I was hoping for a metro app version of this by the time the RP hit. :\

Sorry :( I've just been really busy lately :/

• 2 months later...

zn5Hs.png

A brand new Notes manager in with StickyNotes B9. Not yet finished.

6Vtfn.png

Save Note dialog.

IizwY.png

And a simplified Preferences dialog with more options.

• 6 months later...

A ton of information

Notes have been redesigned to fit in consistently with Windows 8, each note can be separately customized, for example, each note can have a reminder set to it, a custom colour and also tags. Tags (in the future) will allow you to manage your notes easier by allowing you to search for them.

Notes can now also have images and custom text pasted into it, StickyNotes will also allow you to customize your note with custom colours, fonts and font sizes, just by selecting the text and clicking the appropriate option.

You can also search the web by selecting text (similar to IE's accelerators) and clicking the search icon. You can have unlimited search providers and they can be fully customized.

post-309968-0-35073500-1362005780.png

You can also set notes to Autosave, which will intelligently save them every 10 seconds to insure that you never lose any data.

Notes will remember their location and size when you close them, so once they are reopened, they'll spring right back into place.

Managing Notes is also easier, due to an increased amount of keyboard shortcuts, which will decrease the amount of time wasted searching for delete buttons, or open buttons. Clicking a tag will search Wikipedia, allowing you to get a quick definition if necessary.

post-309968-0-45495500-1362005777.png

Preferences has been redesigned, featuring a clean, simplistic interface which makes it easy to change settings, such as default colour, storage location and background colour (it is currently set to Dark).

post-309968-0-92158000-1362005778.png