April 2010 Desktops

Those are Uniq icons from http://ohmyicons.com/.

Somebody else asked about the wall? It's from the Amelie "See You in my Dreams" shoot on Femjoy (NSFW).

Hm too bad those aren't free. Thanks anyway!

Yeah, I was a little ****ed 'cos I bought the Mac set and converted them only to have them release the IconPackage the next day, so essentially I bought it twice. There are a few icons for the Mac that aren't in the Windows set and vice versa, so at least I have a "complete" set, though. Usually I won't waste money on icons (I get most of my resources for free off Deviantart) but they're very nice and it's obvious that a lot of time and energy went into creating them so I figured they might deserve to get paid for it.

Since i come often here to seek ideas for my desktop, i thought i might share too.

I like a lot this new trend with big desktop clocks.

May be a bit boring for some but uncluttered is the way to go for me.

<Snipped>

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/888368-april-2010-desktops/page__view__findpost__p__592416960

Wallpaper= Motioness-Blue-

Clock/Weather= Rainmeter 10-foot HUD (as most of you)

Edited by Anaron

Showed this last month... and since then, I've done about a days work on it - so it hasn't gone very far. Still unfinished, a bit ugly looking, a bit bland. And some visual bugs too :p I'll get it finished eventually maybe...
Oh... and it does run perfectly smooth on my PC, just my screen capture software doesn't seem to be very good =/ And youtube has bugged up the first 6-7 seconds of the video for some reason o.O

(A little background: Inspired by a WinPhone 7 theme for WinMo 6, built in WPF)

Wow, Johnny, that's fantastic. I think I'd prefer something a little flashier than green rectangles, but the functionality is spectacular.

Showed this last month... and since then, I've done about a days work on it - so it hasn't gone very far. Still unfinished, a bit ugly looking, a bit bland. And some visual bugs too :p I'll get it finished eventually maybe...

Oh... and it does run perfectly smooth on my PC, just my screen capture software doesn't seem to be very good =/ And youtube has bugged up the first 6-7 seconds of the video for some reason o.O

that would work great with a touch screen!!!

Seriously.... What are you using for the reflections???

He must have been using a Windows 7 Visual Style but would be interested to find out where to download it :D

wow that is just perfect :) id love to have that on my desktop :)

and my actual desk

<Snipped>

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/888368-april-2010-desktops/page__view__findpost__p__592416960

Edited by Anaron

wow that is just perfect :) id love to have that on my desktop :)

and my actual desk

Please dear sir, where can i find this wonderful wallpaper?

That's awesome :D I NEED IT :p

Question though, how customizable is it?