• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

April 2010 Desktops

syncore    45

Snow Leopard, Macbook Pro:

macdesk.jpg&percent=30

Yusuf M.    1,362

How hard is it to read the original post? The guidelines clearly state that embedded images should be no larger than 1440x900 with a file size of 500 KB or less. Any embedded image(s) that go against the guidelines will be snipped.

Allow me to repeat myself to make it clear:

Embedded images should be no larger than 1440x900 with a file size of 500 KB or less. Any embedded image(s) that go against the guidelines will be snipped.

If you can't be bothered to resize your image than simply link to it. Just make sure that the linked image doesn't exceed 3 MB.

NzOMikE    0

Snow Leopard, Macbook Pro:

macdesk.jpg&percent=30

Wallpaper?

Alladaskill17    181

Showed this last month... and since then, I've done about a days work on it - so it hasn't gone very far. Still unfinished, a bit ugly looking, a bit bland. And some visual bugs too :p I'll get it finished eventually maybe...

Oh... and it does run perfectly smooth on my PC, just my screen capture software doesn't seem to be very good =/ And youtube has bugged up the first 6-7 seconds of the video for some reason o.O

(A little background: Inspired by a WinPhone 7 theme for WinMo 6, built in WPF)

I would use my Win7 partition WAY more frequently if I had that software! It looks AWESOME! Your work? Im really impressed. If ya need testers.... ;)

.Neo    1,834

Mac OS X Snow Leopard running on a Mac Pro with LED Cinema Display and Windows 7 Ultimate running in VMware Fusion 3.

neowin11.jpg

neowin2.jpg

Click for full size.

Alladaskill17    181
VtfJG.jpg

Nikv    3

Nice and clean, the way to go!

13zo6yo.jpg

Pharos    24

Snow Leopard. Nice and simple. :cool:

post-102022-12707481951708.jpg

Loso    2

Nice and clean, the way to go!

13zo6yo.jpg

which theme is that?

Aaron Olive    144

VtfJG.jpg

eww shave that mustache.

Ionium    18

Snow Leopard. Nice and simple. :cool:

Looks like orange leopard to me :p

peterPL    10
post-68758-12707607642852.jpg

neudera    9

Just reinstalled, beautifully simple.

post-307746-12707650122666.png

vraev    6

post-63802-12700728218405.jpg

very very nice. is that rainlander or something? :)

vraev    6
4487353330_109d28dca4_b.jpg

Lazure    52

VtfJG.jpg

Source of wallpaper? :o

Windows7even    17

having screenshots larger than 1440x900 is essential to see all the detail in some desktop screens..for example i have a eyefinity setup with a total resolution of 5760x1080...i don't see why it is such a big issue especially since the image resize automatically reduces the size anyways...i think its pretty essential that just in this thread we don't have these limitations on the image sizes...other threads i can see the need to have the limitation...but not this thread and the other desktop/wallpaper customization threads...you guys really need to rethink this!

How hard is it to read the original post? The guidelines clearly state that embedded images should be no larger than 1440x900 with a file size of 500 KB or less. Any embedded image(s) that go against the guidelines will be snipped.

Allow me to repeat myself to make it clear:

Embedded images should be no larger than 1440x900 with a file size of 500 KB or less. Any embedded image(s) that go against the guidelines will be snipped.

If you can't be bothered to resize your image than simply link to it. Just make sure that the linked image doesn't exceed 3 MB.

Lewism    43

having screenshots larger than 1440x900 is essential to see all the detail in some desktop screens..for example i have a eyefinity setup with a total resolution of 5760x1080...i don't see why it is such a big issue especially since the image resize automatically reduces the size anyways...i think its pretty essential that just in this thread we don't have these limitations on the image sizes...other threads i can see the need to have the limitation...but not this thread and the other desktop/wallpaper customization threads...you guys really need to rethink this!

Make a smaller thumbnail that links to the full version. Problem solved.

Nadja    13
5mx2me.jpg

SkyDX    49

Even with thumbnails it's incredibly annoying as most image hosters have thumbnails that are ridiculously small which kills the point altogether then it's no different from posting pure links.

I have to agree with Windows7even here and think it would be better to lift these kind of restrictions ONLY for the desktop threads. The threads should instead be given a "56k WARNING" in the title since even with restrictions these threads are not really viewable with 56k (I tested it with EDGE a while ago).

Plus, if a 56k user wants to see all details he would need to enlarge them anyway. But I'm not the one in charge, just my 2 cents^^

• Like 1

Zain Adeel    197

4487353330_109d28dca4_b.jpg

whats the gadget??

Lazure    52

Even with thumbnails it's incredibly annoying as most image hosters have thumbnails that are ridiculously small which kills the point altogether then it's no different from posting pure links.

I have to agree with Windows7even here and think it would be better to lift these kind of restrictions ONLY for the desktop threads. The threads should instead be given a "56k WARNING" in the title since even with restrictions these threads are not really viewable with 56k (I tested it with EDGE a while ago).

Plus, if a 56k user wants to see all details he would need to enlarge them anyway. But I'm not the one in charge, just my 2 cents^^

People are still restricting things for dialup? I didn't think anyone was using that anymore! And anyone who still is, I doubt they are using a nice, shiny computer with pretty desktops (or care about them).

Anyways, I haven't posted my desktop yet cuz I haven't decided which of my many themes or slide show wallpapers to represent. =p

.Markus    194

Yup, agree with you fully.

Anyone venturing into a dedicated desktop thread, should also understand that it will be bandwidth heavy.

Most of us the 90's 56k modems behind some years ago, for the ones that hasn't this thread would still be a pain to load with or without large screenshots added. wink.gif