A Very Rare Moment at Wrestlemania 26

i thought you were going to talk about bret hard beating the crap outta mcmahon...

That was a special moment too. It's always a good moment whenever McMahon gets the tar beat out of him. :D

You should post the one with Dreamer and Bam Bam (not Bigelow lol) going through the 3/4 tables thing at the PPV. Still a holy **** moment all these years later.

bubbabyte: curling is an olympic sport....wtf?

It is worse that curling is considered an olympic sport. A million times worse than wrestlers being called athletes...

?But someone shaking hands in the ring ONCE every ten years is NOT RESPECT. ?

its not once every ten years tho, that was like their last match together... i think it is completely appropriate for this occasion, out-of-character or not... its just plain good showmanship to have this kind of courtesy out in front of everyone

Whether it's fake or not; a staged handshake or unplanned; for those wrestling fans who are passionate about the product and watch it with awe and admiration, this is a special moment; especially when it is considered how Undertaker's character usually acts. Somebody stated that people shake hands all the time in MMA; that's why this is more special - it doesn't happen that often in front of the cameras or the live crowd, so when it does, it can be quite moving.

Unless you're made of stone, you must have been moved by certain films before? This is a similar concept. Wrestling is mostly scripted, just like a movie, so when a storyline becomes moving, a lot of viewers become moved; when something like this happens in a storyline - one of the wrestlers has to retire because he has lost a match and his opponent who is usually cold shakes his hand - it becomes moving for many and a lot of viewers become moved.

• Like 2

Yes, except the wrestlers actually have safety procedures on how to excute some moves which these 2 morons lack.

The wrestlers act as they go. A actor could say cut because he has to take a sip of water.

Do movies lose its appeal because you know they are fake?

This is like a computer tech. You don't pay them to push the button, you pay them to push the correct button.

Same thing here and in movies: You pay them because they do it correctly and not like the dumbasses that warwagon posted earlier

Never said that they didn't act as they go. It's the outcome of the match that I was referring to. Even if wrestler X decides to lay the smackdown on wrestler Y, he knows that at the end of the match he will have to lay down and get beaten. If I want to see athletes fight, I will watch UFC.

In movies there's a good story with good actors. Wrestling screams fake and is a borefest to watch.

That's what entertains wrestling fans ? Seeing a dude jump from the 3rd rope to see him fall face first onto a table ?

I always wondered... why do all wrestling commentators have to sound and act like idiots ? Is it a pre-requisite ?

The only part of wrestling that I've ever been interested in is, in between matches, when they talk to the announcer or whomever about how they're going to destroy their next opponent or what ever!

Which means I don't watch it very often and SURELY wouldn't pay to go see it or pay for it on tv.

Never said that they didn't act as they go. It's the outcome of the match that I was referring to. Even if wrestler X decides to lay the smackdown on wrestler Y, he knows that at the end of the match he will have to lay down and get beaten. If I want to see athletes fight, I will watch UFC.

In movies there's a good story with good actors. Wrestling screams fake and is a borefest to watch.

That's what entertains wrestling fans ? Seeing a dude jump from the 3rd rope to see him fall face first onto a table ?

I always wondered... why do all wrestling commentators have to sound and act like idiots ? Is it a pre-requisite ?

The only part of wrestling that I've ever been interested in is, in between matches, when they talk to the announcer or whomever about how they're going to destroy their next opponent or what ever!

Which means I don't watch it very often and SURELY wouldn't pay to go see it or pay for it on tv.

if all you see in wrestling are people talking smack and announcers putting on voices, then your missing out on a big part of it...

pro wrestling is about the biggest show they can put on with nothing more than their own physique and some prerequisite stage backdrops such as the lighting, screens and music...

i dont see wrestlers as athletes, i see them as stuntmen and entertainers... as in, not only can they physically do things that most of us cant, they can also grab your attention in a way that few people can ... and i dont see wrestling as a sport, i see it as a kind of circus , a place you go to when you feel like seeing people do things nobody else does and talk like nobody else does...

of course if they do the same stunt again and again, it would be boring... but they dont, and that's what keeps people coming back to it

bubbabyte: curling is an olympic sport....wtf?

It is worse that curling is considered an olympic sport. A million times worse than wrestlers being called athletes...

Soo first someone attacks Hockey, and now you attack Curling as if, because i'm canadian, i'm gonna fly off the handle and rage because you don't like curling??? lol Way to hit me where it hurts, great job.

Also, for the record, curling is a competitive sport, unlike WWE where the wins/losses are pre determined. Just incase you forgot during your pointless rant.

if all you see in wrestling are people talking smack and announcers putting on voices, then your missing out on a big part of it...?

pro wrestling is about the biggest show they can put on with nothing more than their own physique and some prerequisite stage backdrops such as the lighting, screens and music...?

i dont see wrestlers as athletes, i see them as stuntmen and entertainers... as in, not only can they physically do things that most of us cant, they can also grab your attention in a way that few people can ... and i dont see wrestling as a sport, i see it as a kind of circus , a place you go to when you feel like seeing people do things nobody else does and talk like nobody else does...?

of course if they do the same stunt again and again, it would be boring... but they dont, and that's what keeps people coming back to it

Well said. That was the exact statement I was trying to make. I really don't care that it's fake, I completely understand they are very talented at what they do, and that is to entertain people. My original comment regarding "old" and "gay" was in reference to the picture itself, not the WWE. The picture while some find it moving, looks like they are about to kiss..lol

haha i just wanted to take a cheap shot at ya ;) because curling is a joke of an olympic sport. Its a sport but olympics...seriously??

I was going to say some other stuff but carmatic said everything i wanted to say word for word. For the record do you know what wwe stands for??

you obviously dont get the point of this thread.

edit: missed the second part.

haha i just wanted to take a cheap shot at ya ;) because curling is a joke of an olympic sport. Its a sport but olympics...seriously??

I was going to say some other stuff but carmatic said everything i wanted to say word for word. For the record do you know what wwe stands for??

you obviously dont get the point of this thread. but by all means keep tooting that horn on that high horse of yours :)

There are alot of sports in the olympics that are more questionable than Curling. Such as Ice dancing?? Why not have Ice running, and Ice sliding etc..

I understand what WWE stands for smartass, and if you read anything I was saying you'd understand that I was trying to get everyone else to realize that it's ENTERTAINMENT and not a sport and not with athletes.

I totally get the point of the thread, and i understand it means alot to some people, personally i found the pic a little gay and wasn't moved at all... is that too much to grasp?

anyway here is some news for you HERE

Former WCW and WWE tag team champion Chris Kanyon has died.

The popular 40-year-old wrestler, real name Christopher Klucsaritis, is believed to have committed suicide.

His body was found Saturday at his apartment in New York.

Kanyon had overdosed on medication, with early reports indicating he had taken his own life after leaving a pill bottle and several notes close by.

The gay star suffered from bipolar disorder and had previously spoken about killing himself.

dont know who he is lol..... followed wrestling in the late 90's....pretty much every wreslter dies from drugs..so it would seem...

so if you knew what this thread was about why would you make comments that were baiting... :unsure: . i realise you think its gay that two topless men are shaking hands, just like in other matches like ufc(which i have started to follow) where the men are in trunks as opposed to tights...

as for your earlier point. they do have 'ice running' ...its called speed skating, ice sliding, hmmm examples of this could be all the ones they do on windy thing like skeleton and stuff( mind blank). ice dancing is the equiv of rythmic gym( that one where they chuck the ribbons around).to me curling is like lawn bowls and it just really annoys me that it is an olympic sport...rofl.

ill stay clear of the topic now, ive kind of made my point. lol