"Dead" pixel on MBP 13"

My GF just bought a brand spankin new 13" MPB and there seems to be a mis-behaving pixel towards the bottom. When the screen is displaying a dark color (such as black or dark blue) the pixel turns red. When the screen is displaying a bright color the pixel functions normally. Should she take it into the store to have it looked it?

Absolutely take it back. It could be a dead sub-pixel. I've had em on both of my Apple laptops and there's no fixing them (believe me, I've tried all the flashing apps and massaging).

I would ask that the machine be replaced. Or failing that, the screen completely replaced.

Some people think dead/stuck pixels are acceptable, however I don't agree.

Some manufacturers stipulate that a certain number of dead/stuck pixels are acceptable before warranty kicks in.

I'm not sure what the Apple policy is on this. If you can't return it due to the pixel issue, find another reason to return it if you have any sort of return options available to you. Then, just buy another one and examine the screen closely.

I'd act soon since the machine was just bought. If they try to argue with you about it, don't accept it. I'd insist it's not acceptable.

In my experience, once one dead/stuck pixel appears, more will eventually follow. However, on the displays I've had without dead/stuck pixels, none have develped, even as the displays have aged.

Unless it's changed since I last looked, Apple policy says you can bring it back within 14 days if you're not completely satisfied. So you'd have no trouble returning it and getting a replacement.