First Windows 7 BSOD - 0x000000C2

Weird, first time i've ever gotten a BSOD on this system and all i was doing is browsing Neowin and another site downloading a file (Outlook open in the background) - no other apps open. Actually at the time i wasn't even actively browsing, just using the "Spy" page above and was 2ft away from the PC. I saw the BSOD and was like umm WTF? blink.gif

Anyways, system rebooted fine and notified me system recovered from serious problem blah blah. Apparently it may be from a device driver but which one?

post-698-12704746993731.jpg

post-698-12704747690136.jpg

• No new software or hardware on this system in 5 days
  • Clean installed Win7 just 5-6days ago (no problems ever)
  • Drivers are all up to date (just checked).
  • No Spyware or viruses (just checked)
  • HDD is new but did a check anyways - all good.
  • RAM = Good.

FYI - I've formatted and installed on this system plenty of times (I like messing around with beta software so i format after that) and always set it up the same. Never had any issue before.

NOTE - BSOD -minidump attached in zip file below if anyone can make heads or tails of it.

040510-18314-01.zip

Your crash was caused by your netw5v32.sys which is part of your Wireless WiFi Link Adapter by Intel.. download the latest driver from Intels site and install... Hope this helps... ;)

Your crash was caused by your netw5v32.sys which is part of your Wireless WiFi Link Adapter by Intel.. download the latest driver from Intels site and install... Hope this helps... ;)

+1 Got the same result after using the Crash Analyzer Wizard.

Your crash was caused by your netw5v32.sys which is part of your Wireless WiFi Link Adapter by Intel.. download the latest driver from Intels site and install... Hope this helps... wink.gif

Figured it might have been something with the WLAN card that's why i mentioned that i had Outlook open (it automatically checks email) plus downloading something plus Neowin's SPY as that auto updates too.

Hmmm interesting however, i'll have to go updated that WLAN card (guess i didn't check that one :oops: ) It's the default driver that comes with Windows 7 but it never gave me problems before so i didn't think to updated it :D

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've only gotten one doing a Prime95 test. Good tool to have to check out system stability. The Blue Screen is actually a good thing to have as it prevents damage to hardware components. Dunno why it faces so much criticism, I find useful to have and it allows me to figure out the problem. It has much improved since the pre Vista era.