iPhone OS 4.0: Hopes and Predictions

Better overall performance.

Multi-tasking (but i wouldn't care if it wasn't included.. i have a jail-broken iPod with Backgrounder)

& general bug-fixing and speed enhancements.

* Multitasking. I multitask fine through cydia apps, but would rather do it natively.

* FM Radio. Hardware is there, use it.

* Decent lockscreen akin to HTS Sense - with ability to enable/disable.

* Global spellcheck. We feel very NEARLY there...

* Better popup messaging. The dialog shutting the app is not acceptable - related to multitasking I guess?

* Multitasking. I multitask fine through cydia apps, but would rather do it natively.

* FM Radio. Hardware is there, use it.

* Decent lockscreen akin to HTS Sense - with ability to enable/disable.

* Global spellcheck. We feel very NEARLY there...

* Better popup messaging. The dialog shutting the app is not acceptable - related to multitasking I guess?

On the iPad it has a dictionary, so there is a good chance this will be ported down to iPhone OS 4.0 yes.gif

BlackBerry Messenger <> iPhone instant messaging :whistle:

Look on the App Store for Whatsapp.

Reading other people's lists I'm thinking I can already do this with my JB iPhone :laugh:

I really want them to finally release a native FM radio app though. Like others have said, the antenna is there - it's time to use it. Right now I have to stream radio which works, but would help me save battery life.

Also making the springboard more interactive like HTC Sense would be nice. I love the weather widget my mum's HD2 has with the animations.

I have no idea how often I've rebooted, but my last reboot was 45 days ago. It's true though that rebooting is sometimes necessary to clear up some issues. No badly programmed app should cause you to have to reboot the phone. So in that respect, it is an OS issue. However, I think the vast majority of users don't have to reboot their phone every week. I know neither my wife's nor mine have ever needed weekly reboots.

1 Reboot in 2 years.

FINALLY! Multitasking :D

It doesn't feel like real multi-tasking(android) :/ more like what Microsoft plans to do with WP7 (N)

It doesn't feel like real multi-tasking(android) :/ more like what Microsoft plans to do with WP7 (N)

No, it's not full multitasking but they seem to have all the apis in place that would be needed so that it will seem like multitasking.

I love how I will be able to skype calls anytime now.

I didn't expect any sort of multitasking, but even still I'm kind of letdown with what they revealed. Not really anything substantial, IMO. I figured they'd try to at least one-up Microsoft, not stay on par with what they plan to do.

iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd Gen won't get Multitasking :o

I was hoping for a UI update :/

You can have your own background now. :p

iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd Gen won't get Multitasking :o

I will just install backgrounder from cydia. :)

Phew, my 3GS is fine then. I have a feeling that the new iphone is going to a whole new UI on it's OS...... I suspect the graphics on the 3GS aren't good enough to run anything on the level of what WP7 has.