Why you hate windows vista?

I never hated it. Never had any real issues with it. But Win7 is much better.

That is a feature that stops malware from clicking yes for you on a UAC prompt. Many Linux distros have this feature too, including Ubuntu.

I always wondered why they do it but now i get it.

• 2 weeks later...

The only gripe I have is that it takes such a long time to boot up, compared to XP and Win 7. Apart from that, I've always liked Vista. :yes:

I don't hate it. In fact, I use it on a daily basis. Before the first service pack, I will admit, it was a bit of a mess. That's the closest I came to hating it. But since SP1, it's been a smooth ride on every PC I've used it with.

Used Vista from July 2006 (Beta 2) to December 2009 (post-SP2) - no problems - and yes I prefer it over XP.

Now on Win 7 since December 2009 and love it! I still have Vista though - see my sig.

@ mak123, why support Vista when Microsoft is even dropping support for it soon? LOL!! move on man, Vista was ok after SP1 & 2, now it's Windows 7's time to shine, and shine it does!! I see people with XP on their systems and it makes me cringe!!

I didn't hate it but I did wait till SP1 before I jumped to it. I also had some issues at first but resolved them by using a work around. Even on Win7

I had some issues back in October but it happened to be a conflict with FF and the clipboard.

@ mak123, why support Vista when Microsoft is even dropping support for it soon? LOL!! move on man, Vista was ok after SP1 & 2, now it's Windows 7's time to shine, and shine it does!! I see people with XP on their systems and it makes me cringe!!

they are dropping support for Vista RTM

Vista SP2 will be supported till some time in 2012

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=11734

My only gripe about Vista was how glitchy it was pre-SP2. ?(Though the first six months of Vista were moderately awful.) ?Everything worked great and I loved the OS, but there were random obvious glitches...which annoyed me.

7 works like a charm (no weird glitches) and performs WAY better on my systems so I dropped Vista right away.

My only gripe about Vista was how glitchy it was pre-SP2. ?(Though the first six months of Vista were moderately awful.) ?Everything worked great and I loved the OS, but there were random obvious glitches...which annoyed me.

7 works like a charm (no weird glitches) and performs WAY better on my systems so I dropped Vista right away.

What glitches exactly? I had Vista since the launch and only ever noticed the file (delete/copy?) on network locations bug.

What glitches exactly? I had Vista since the launch and only ever noticed the file (delete/copy?) on network locations bug.

The GUI would just pause for no reason...only took a second or two to come back but it was bizarre.

Hi,

mostly many peoples switch over to win 7 or again back to XP.

why you are hate windows vista?

ya, i know it consumes more hdd & ram capacity, but after its good.

are you think win 7 will beat the XP record?

I hated Vista because I got the out of memory error while copying files bug (KB942435) frequently. When that bug hits, whatever work is being done is lost, because it can't be saved when the error occurs. A hard reset is the only way to recover. Even SP1 didn't fix it for me.

I ditched Vista and went back to XP and everything was good. I went with 7 64-bit full time when 7 was released to Technet in July 2009 and couldn't be happier with the OS.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't hate it at all, in fact I still think it's a perfectly reliable and useable operating system. Sure, I prefer Windows 7 but Windows Vista was a massive improvement from Windows XP.

i don't like vista even after the updates/service packs. it ran super slow afterawhile and some things did not work in vista but they did in 7 and when i tried vista i had mega compatability problems and i upgraded the cpu and it helped but not to the effect that it should of, others had similar issues and they even had newer hardware than i so when 7 came out and i tested it i put 7 on there systems and no more slowness/problems and no tweaking was done. vista should die now if vista would have been better then i would not say that but it is true,Just let Vista die.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

mostly many peoples switch over to win 7 or again back to XP.

why you are hate windows vista?

ya, i know it consumes more hdd & ram capacity, but after its good.

are you think win 7 will beat the XP record?

Why are we still talking about Windows Vista when Windows 7 has already replaced it?

Let the past remain in the past. Stick to the present.

For odd reasons, Vista SP2 locks up after a few minutes. Can't trace the problem because of the problem. A switch to XP was the only solution, before Win7 was released. Also didn't like it for its system requirements during its time.