Guilty Pleasures

Alright guys, it's time to share some of the music you like that you'd probably not want others catching you listening to. I'm talking about those songs you enjoyed maybe as a kid, but branched away from as you got into other music and crowds.

I'll start with a few of my own off the top of my head:

Garth Brookes - My mom was and still is a big country music lover. I only really clung to Garth, and eventually branched out into rock.

Favorite song as a kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWmOSByIOg

No particular artist, but genre: Mexican music from the late 90's. My family is hispanic for the most part, so I heard a lot of it growing up. I feel sad when I skip past a song I know on the radio because I know my fiancee would not allow it. :laugh:

My last.fm playlist shows waaaay too much Britney Spears.

But you didn't hear that :shifty:

:rofl: I knew I wasn't alone in listening to Britters!

Lady Gaga for certain and Britney Spears.

Sometimes I like to have a pop nigiht :rofl: :blush:

My last.fm playlist shows waaaay too much Britney Spears.

But you didn't hear that :shifty:

lol! One of my old clannies was this 52 year old French guy. Funniest guy I've ever met man, his English wasn't that great, but it was funny as hell listening to him sing Britney Spears. :laugh:

I'll admit to liking some 90's rap. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Crossroads comes to mind. :p

Dude dead.cell BONE THUGS arent a group to feel

shame about there awesome. 90's rap is soemwhat better then today's rap.

My guilty pleasure is never gonna give you up. Only because mt friend actually likes it and sings it all the time and then it gets stuck in my head.

I'm really ashamed to admit it, but I quite like some Abba and I think Miley Cyrus' version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is better than the original Cyndi Lauper's...

Dude dead.cell BONE THUGS arent a group to feel

shame about there awesome. 90's rap is soemwhat better then today's rap.

My guilty pleasure is never gonna give you up. Only because mt friend actually likes it and sings it all the time and then it gets stuck in my head.

Somewhat better? It is infinitely better.

Tribe Called Quest

De La Soul

Pharcyde

Gang Starr

I could literally go on and on and on and on, it is what I grew up with and being lucky enough to live in NJ I know a whole lot of good East Coast based groups. But rap these days is just that, rap, actually it is Pop. In the 90's it was Hip Hop.

Hmmm, my guilty pleasure. I would not really call it that, but people who know me are always surprised to hear I love Boyz II Men - End Of The Road

• Like 2

I'm surprisingly open about my music taste, even though people tell me it's a "gay" music taste and take the **** out of me for it :D

Elton John regularly appears on my Zune and the other day I realised how good Madonna's 'La Isla Bonita' is :)

The Pokemon soundtrack "2ba Master".

:laugh:

"My Best Friend", the Theme Song, and "Together forever". They're really nostalgic...

Besides that, I'm mostly all 80s music.

I know many might cringe when I say this, but I still like Limp Bizkit. Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish have some great tracks on them. While I'm not a big fan of Fred Durst, there's no denying they did something great together as a band.

One of my favorites:

(I know not what they traditionally play, but I was blown away when I heard this song)

Go ahead, give it a go. I dare ya. :laugh:

hmm... mostly old gulity pleasures, but still love to listen:

Backstreet Boys, NSync, and Britney Spears are the ones that I still like to listen too.

Also techno/electronic genre.

I'd say Lady Gaga too, but she still hasn't earned the awesome status of the ones above lol.

80/90's had the best music imo.

Not going to lie, I quite enjoy Lady Gaga. I really don't even know why.

Because her music is crack to the ears. I'm not sure why I like her either, but it is good to see that I am not alone.

hmm... mostly old gulity pleasures, but still love to listen:

Backstreet Boys, NSync, and Britney Spears are the ones that I still like to listen too.

Also techno/electronic genre.

I'd say Lady Gaga too, but she still hasn't earned the awesome status of the ones above lol.

80/90's had the best music imo.

Best "popular" music, yeah I agree 80/90's was better. But today there is more selection than ever. If you can't find music that you like it is probably because you aren't looking hard enough (not directed at you, Blasius, but as a general statement). All of my favorite music is from the past couple of years.

I know many might cringe when I say this, but I still like Limp Bizkit. Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish have some great tracks on them. While I'm not a big fan of Fred Durst, there's no denying they did something great together as a band.

They also did an amazing cover of Behind Blue Eyes years ago..

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qrFwtlMd0H8

I'm really ashamed to admit it, but I quite like some Abba and I think Miley Cyrus' version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is better than the original Cyndi Lauper's...

yeah that is better i like it, wouldn't catch me listening to it though

One of my favorites:

(I know not what they traditionally play, but I was blown away when I heard this song)

Go ahead, give it a go. I dare ya. :laugh:

i have been listening to alot of there music last couple of days and they sure did some good songs

Not going to lie, I quite enjoy Lady Gaga. I really don't even know why.

I used to really hate her with a passion, I would diss anyone I know who liked it and then I listened to Poker Face once and that was it :rofl: