*Changes underwear*

Everyone always complains when games change, think Final Fantasy, everyone overlooks how every Pok?mon game that comes out remains true, I don't feel ashamed to say I prefer the later ones because they are the same at heart! :)

Wait they are making a separate version for Black and White people?

I wondering how long it would take for a comment like this. Most likely they will change the name to Light and Dark for World Wide release. There was some megaman game that had black and white in the name and it was changed to white and blue for every where except japan

I hope they don't, you gotta draw a line with censorship & just tell people to stfu when they try making mountains out of mole hills.

Nobody batted an eye lid at Red or Yellow which you could easily turn into a racial insult.

Awesome cool.

I would love for a world wide release for once.

I personally will be picking up the black one when it arrives, atleast just going on the two colours.

Can't wait to find out more. Was expecting further information on this weeks ago, but nothing came of it. At least we have the name I suppose.

Oh, and hurpdurplol red=indian, yellow=asian, pokemon racist jynx chinese abra ect.

Jynx_Shoop.jpg

When I played I had captured all 151 Pokemon. I remember in Red and Blue there was a certain sequence of events that would cause you to encounter an "Unknown" Pokemon which was actually Mew. You ended up having to swim along a dock.

Awesome cool.

I would love for a world wide release for once.

I personally will be picking up the black one when it arrives, atleast just going on the two colours.

White.. for me, absence of color = win.

I for one, don't want 3D. Unless it's like a portable Gamecube.

If we're talking 3D like Glasses and all that, .. forget it.

I love the psudo3d in the current HeartGold/SS.

the 3DS wont require glasses :D

When I played I had captured all 151 Pokemon. I remember in Red and Blue there was a certain sequence of events that would cause you to encounter an "Unknown" Pokemon which was actually Mew. You ended up having to swim along a dock.

That theory was bullsh

oe

. I did the trick along the docks, where you find the truck by the boat. Friends of mine did to. Click it for hours or whatever you like, there was no Mew there.

image.php?groupid=502&dateline=1252005659

Only way to get Mew was from the events or if you used a hack I suppose. Otherwise, only 150 were obtainable.

That theory was bullsh

oe

. I did the trick along the docks, where you find the truck by the boat. Friends of mine did to. Click it for hours or whatever you like, there was no Mew there.

image.php?groupid=502&dateline=1252005659

Only way to get Mew was from the events or if you used a hack I suppose. Otherwise, only 150 were obtainable.

I sware it wasn't because I did capture Mew this way. If I load up Stadium or Yellow I do have all 151. When I get home if I can find all of the cables for the 64 I will post it.

You actually had to swim around the waters for you to be approached by "the unknown" pokemon (maybe it was called misingno.) I don't quite remember now.

There was a way to get MissingNo through surfing next to Cinnabar. But getting Mew was impossible, especially the truck method, that was a complete lie/hoax/fake.

There was a way to get MissingNo through surfing next to Cinnabar. But getting Mew was impossible, especially the truck method, that was a complete lie/hoax/fake.

Actually, I'm not sure whether it was in Red/Blue or Yellow, but it was/is possible to get Mew through a glitch on the route between Saffron City and Lavender Town. I'll see if I can't find a link to it somewhere :p

ive read that there was a pokeball under the truck that contained the mew dead.cell

Once again, there were a ton of rumors regarding such tricks, but even I've done it and can tell you first hand that it's impossible. Even having the Stength HM and the ability to use it will not allow you to move the truck. Someone supposedly did find a way to do it, but it has to do with memory values and a glitch that in no way involves the truck.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/933/933126p1.html

You actually had to swim around the waters for you to be approached by "the unknown" pokemon (maybe it was called misingno.) I don't quite remember now.

Yeah, Missingno. was catchable. Knows moves like Watergun and Fly. Just a jumbled mess though for the most part, and can cause other parts of the game to act odd. Was typically used for duping rare candies to max level all your pokemon.

Missingno.gif

post-61965-12708449243623.jpg

Actually, I'm not sure whether it was in Red/Blue or Yellow, but it was/is possible to get Mew through a glitch on the route between Saffron City and Lavender Town. I'll see if I can't find a link to it somewhere :p

too right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlDRlXyp9HM

Lots of other videos showing you how to, but the music in this was too awesome :laugh:

Can't wait for these. Hope they make some big changes from Gen 4 :) Can't wait to see Zorua and Zoroark in the games :D

I haven't actually had to grind levels once in this playthrough of SoulSilver.

Sounds good, who's to bet Black will outsell White? I'm calling it.

I think Pokemon African-American would sell more.

Mew was indeed catchable due to a glitch involving a little bit of timing and various other methods:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_glitch

About Missingno, I was scared of that Pokemon when I was a kid :rofl:

Not too long ago I read an explanation of what it really is, basically a empty memory space:

1. The Pokemon Database went from 0-255 and as there are only 151 Pokemon slot 0 and 152-255 were free.

2. The game had various memory banks, also one for the player name and for "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?"

3. If you talk to the guy who teaches you how to catch Pokemon the player name value was overwritten for that event and due to the limited memory of the GameBoy the game stored your own name temporarily in the "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?" memory bank.

4. Together with sloppy mapping, Missingno. was born. The stripe you surf on, on that island (dunno the english name^^') was flagged as "Wild Pokemon Encounter possible = 1" but it had no "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?" info

5. So if you surf there, the game will read the last information written in the "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?" memory bank and it finds your player name that was temporarily stored there.

6. To prevent a crash, the game tries to "make sense" of this info and simply most of the time triggers a slot between 152 and 255 causing all kinds of random data to appear aka Missingno.

Very short and dumbed down explanation from my part :p

Full explanation (a good read, I recommend it to anyone tech savvy: http://trsrockin.com/missingno4.html

They will never run out of colors... You can literally create a rainbow montage with Pokemon game cartridges. :laugh:

I quit playing Pokemon after Sapphire because there was just too many Pokemons and an emerging pattern within the newly introduced ones... Plus I'm turning 18 tomorrow and Pokemon seems a bit kiddish.

They will never run out of colors... You can literally create a rainbow montage with Pokemon game cartridges. :laugh:

I quit playing Pokemon after Sapphire because there was just too many Pokemons and an emerging pattern within the newly introduced ones... Plus I'm turning 18 tomorrow and Pokemon seems a bit kiddish.

-1 Kiddish?? People here are older than 18 and got the newest one. It's just a game to enjoy and brings back memories ;)