vip

FFFFF, i'm still on platinum :l

hotdog666al

*Changes underwear*

Everyone always complains when games change, think Final Fantasy, everyone overlooks how every Pok?mon game that comes out remains true, I don't feel ashamed to say I prefer the later ones because they are the same at heart! :)

murkurie

Wait they are making a separate version for Black and White people?

I wondering how long it would take for a comment like this. Most likely they will change the name to Light and Dark for World Wide release. There was some megaman game that had black and white in the name and it was changed to white and blue for every where except japan

Andrew

I hope they don't, you gotta draw a line with censorship & just tell people to stfu when they try making mountains out of mole hills.

Nobody batted an eye lid at Red or Yellow which you could easily turn into a racial insult.

Corris

Awesome cool.

I would love for a world wide release for once.

I personally will be picking up the black one when it arrives, atleast just going on the two colours.

dead.cell

Can't wait to find out more. Was expecting further information on this weeks ago, but nothing came of it. At least we have the name I suppose.

Oh, and hurpdurplol red=indian, yellow=asian, pokemon racist jynx chinese abra ect.

Jynx_Shoop.jpg

mattygdot

When I played I had captured all 151 Pokemon. I remember in Red and Blue there was a certain sequence of events that would cause you to encounter an "Unknown" Pokemon which was actually Mew. You ended up having to swim along a dock.

Minifig

Awesome cool.

I would love for a world wide release for once.

I personally will be picking up the black one when it arrives, atleast just going on the two colours.

White.. for me, absence of color = win.

iamawesomewicked

I for one, don't want 3D. Unless it's like a portable Gamecube.

If we're talking 3D like Glasses and all that, .. forget it.

I love the psudo3d in the current HeartGold/SS.

the 3DS wont require glasses :D

dead.cell

When I played I had captured all 151 Pokemon. I remember in Red and Blue there was a certain sequence of events that would cause you to encounter an "Unknown" Pokemon which was actually Mew. You ended up having to swim along a dock.

That theory was bullsh

oe

. I did the trick along the docks, where you find the truck by the boat. Friends of mine did to. Click it for hours or whatever you like, there was no Mew there.

image.php?groupid=502&dateline=1252005659

Only way to get Mew was from the events or if you used a hack I suppose. Otherwise, only 150 were obtainable.

Guyro

ive read that there was a pokeball under the truck that contained the mew dead.cell

mattygdot

That theory was bullsh

oe

. I did the trick along the docks, where you find the truck by the boat. Friends of mine did to. Click it for hours or whatever you like, there was no Mew there.

image.php?groupid=502&dateline=1252005659

Only way to get Mew was from the events or if you used a hack I suppose. Otherwise, only 150 were obtainable.

I sware it wasn't because I did capture Mew this way. If I load up Stadium or Yellow I do have all 151. When I get home if I can find all of the cables for the 64 I will post it.

You actually had to swim around the waters for you to be approached by "the unknown" pokemon (maybe it was called misingno.) I don't quite remember now.

Chasethebase

There was a way to get MissingNo through surfing next to Cinnabar. But getting Mew was impossible, especially the truck method, that was a complete lie/hoax/fake.

~Johnny

There was a way to get MissingNo through surfing next to Cinnabar. But getting Mew was impossible, especially the truck method, that was a complete lie/hoax/fake.

Actually, I'm not sure whether it was in Red/Blue or Yellow, but it was/is possible to get Mew through a glitch on the route between Saffron City and Lavender Town. I'll see if I can't find a link to it somewhere :p

dead.cell

ive read that there was a pokeball under the truck that contained the mew dead.cell

Once again, there were a ton of rumors regarding such tricks, but even I've done it and can tell you first hand that it's impossible. Even having the Stength HM and the ability to use it will not allow you to move the truck. Someone supposedly did find a way to do it, but it has to do with memory values and a glitch that in no way involves the truck.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/933/933126p1.html

You actually had to swim around the waters for you to be approached by "the unknown" pokemon (maybe it was called misingno.) I don't quite remember now.

Yeah, Missingno. was catchable. Knows moves like Watergun and Fly. Just a jumbled mess though for the most part, and can cause other parts of the game to act odd. Was typically used for duping rare candies to max level all your pokemon.

Missingno.gif

post-61965-12708449243623.jpg

Ecion

Actually, I'm not sure whether it was in Red/Blue or Yellow, but it was/is possible to get Mew through a glitch on the route between Saffron City and Lavender Town. I'll see if I can't find a link to it somewhere :p

too right.

Andrew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlDRlXyp9HM

Lots of other videos showing you how to, but the music in this was too awesome :laugh:

LightShadow

Can't wait for these. Hope they make some big changes from Gen 4 :) Can't wait to see Zorua and Zoroark in the games :D

Livin in a box

I haven't actually had to grind levels once in this playthrough of SoulSilver.

Sounds good, who's to bet Black will outsell White? I'm calling it.

I think Pokemon African-American would sell more.

Solid Knight

White.. for me, absence of color = win.

White is every color combined. Black is the absence of color.

mattygdot

This is the method I was referring to.

SkyDX

Mew was indeed catchable due to a glitch involving a little bit of timing and various other methods:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_glitch

About Missingno, I was scared of that Pokemon when I was a kid :rofl:

Not too long ago I read an explanation of what it really is, basically a empty memory space:

1. The Pokemon Database went from 0-255 and as there are only 151 Pokemon slot 0 and 152-255 were free.

2. The game had various memory banks, also one for the player name and for "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?"

3. If you talk to the guy who teaches you how to catch Pokemon the player name value was overwritten for that event and due to the limited memory of the GameBoy the game stored your own name temporarily in the "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?" memory bank.

4. Together with sloppy mapping, Missingno. was born. The stripe you surf on, on that island (dunno the english name^^') was flagged as "Wild Pokemon Encounter possible = 1" but it had no "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?" info

5. So if you surf there, the game will read the last information written in the "What Pokemon are catchable in this area?" memory bank and it finds your player name that was temporarily stored there.

6. To prevent a crash, the game tries to "make sense" of this info and simply most of the time triggers a slot between 152 and 255 causing all kinds of random data to appear aka Missingno.

Very short and dumbed down explanation from my part :p

Full explanation (a good read, I recommend it to anyone tech savvy: http://trsrockin.com/missingno4.html

Lee G.

Great news (Y)

I'm definitely going to buy Heart Gold very soon. I've been meaning to buy it.

Jayro

They will never run out of colors... You can literally create a rainbow montage with Pokemon game cartridges. :laugh:

I quit playing Pokemon after Sapphire because there was just too many Pokemons and an emerging pattern within the newly introduced ones... Plus I'm turning 18 tomorrow and Pokemon seems a bit kiddish.

freak180

They will never run out of colors... You can literally create a rainbow montage with Pokemon game cartridges. :laugh:

I quit playing Pokemon after Sapphire because there was just too many Pokemons and an emerging pattern within the newly introduced ones... Plus I'm turning 18 tomorrow and Pokemon seems a bit kiddish.

-1 Kiddish?? People here are older than 18 and got the newest one. It's just a game to enjoy and brings back memories ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      The original Fire Emblem game is getting localized after 30 years
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, Nintendo announced that the original release of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light is making its way outside of Japan for the first time since its original release 30 years ago on the Famicom. The game is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on December 4.

The game was announced through a tweet that plays with the fact that Marth, a main character in the original Fire Emblem game, was featured in the 2001 release of Super Smash Bros. Melee, despite the franchise being exclusive to Japan at the time.

Fire Emblem debuted in the West with the release of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (originally known simply as Fire Emblem worldwide) on the GameBoy Advance in 2003, but the previous titles were never officially brought over to other markets. However, the original Fire Emblem was remade as a DS title, and that saw a worldwide release, so this isn't exactly the first time you can experience the same overall story.

The Nintendo Switch release will be mostly like the original game, but some changes have been made to make the title more accessible for modern audiences. There's a new ability to rewind turns in battle, fast-forward for movements on the battlefield, and save states so you can pick the game up where you left off.

To celebrate the history of the franchise, Nintendo is also releasing a Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition, which includes a game box replica, an art piece based on the original cartridge for the game, an art book, and a "mini Nintendo Power retro collectible". The game itself will be included as a download code - presumably it was hard to justify producing a physical game card considering the game is 30MB in size.

• By News Staff
      Some Nintendo Switch games are up to 33% off for Prime Day
      by João Carrasqueira

As part of the many sales going on as part of Amazon's Prime Day, some Nintendo Switch games are being discounted by up to 33%. Usually, video games tend to get discounted significantly over time, but Nintendo likes to keep its games at their launch price for long, so some of these sales are interesting.

Among the discounted games, there's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which is one of the crown jewels of the Nintendo Switch's library of games. Fire Emblem: Three Houses has also received a lot of praise and it's equally discounted today. While some of the deals going on today do require a Prime membership, some discounts are available for everyone. Here's the list of deals:

Game Regular price Discounted price Requires Prime? The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($44.99 without Prime) Super Mario Party $59.99 $39.99 No New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe $59.99 $39.99 No Splatoon 2 $59.99 $39.99 No Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($44.49 without Prime) Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee! $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($49.94 without Prime) Yoshi's Crafted World $59.99 $39.99 No Mario Tennis Aces $59.99 $39.99 No Fire Emblem: Three Houses $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($49.94 without Prime) If you're not just looking for games, there's also a pretty significant discount on a bundle of a Nintendo Switch Online family membership and a Switch-branded SanDisk 128GB microSD card for $39.99, down from $69.98. The Switch-branded microSD cards are usually much more expensive than regular ones, but with this bundle, you're basically getting the card for $5, since the Switch Online membership costs $34.99 on its own. You can find the bundle here.

As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.

• By indospot
      Steve from Minecraft is joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, Nintendo held a new YouTube presentation to show off the next fighter to join the roster of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as part of the Fighters Pack Vol. 2 expansion. As it turns out, Nintendo and Microsoft are once again cozying up to each other, as the new character to be added to the brawler is Steve, from the blockbuster game Minecraft.

In fact, Steve isn't the only Minecraft character joining the fight. Alex, Zombie, and Enderman are all going to be added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, though the technicalities of how these characters will be implemented weren't detailed. It's likely that each character will be treated as an alternate costume for the same character slot, as we've never seen multiple characters being counted as a single addition to the roster.

Playing as the new characters, you'll see familar elements from Minecraft, such as the placement of blocks, which allow players to gain height or trap enemies in structures. It's also possible to craft explosives, swords, and other offensive items. Additionally, there also appear to be multiple stages, or variations of a stage, being added, building on the idea of different biomes and the ability to craft pathways.

The brief video didn't go into details of the character or stages, though the game's director explained that implementing Minecraft characters was a challenge due to the nature of the game, as existing stages had to be reworked to allow the placement of blocks. A new presentation will be held on October 3, just ahead of Minecraft Live, to show off the news in greater detail. We should also hear about a release date by then. This is the second Microsoft-owned character after Banjo and Kazooie were added last year.

• By indospot
      The Crown Tundra expansion for Pokémon Sword and Shield arrives on October 22
      by João Carrasqueira

The Pokémon Company today revealed additional details about the second part of the expansion pass for Pokémon Sword and Shield, called The Crown Tundra. The Expansion Pass was revealed at the start of the year, with the first part, the Isle of Armor expansion, being released in the summer. The Crown Tundra expansion will arrive on October 22, roughly three and a half weeks from today.

In a YouTube presentation, CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara showed off a new trailer for The Crown Tundra, giving fans a better look at some of the content in this snow-covered area. The presentation confirmed that all legendary Pokémon from previous games will be returning in the expansion, specifically through a new feature called Dynamax Adventures. In this mode, players can team up locally or online to explore dens, where they need to make their way through a series of Dynamax battles and potentially find one of these legendary Pokémon at the end.

The trailer also revealed a new feature in the expansion, the Galarian Star Tournament. After adventuring in The Crown Tundra, players will be able to participate in a tournament, teaming up with various characters found in the original Sword and Shield games, as well as in the Isle of Armor expansion. Other characters will team up as well, with different combinations depending on who the player teams up with. It's unclear what rewards will potentially come from this, however.

To celebrate the release of the second part of the Expansion Pass, players can obtain special Pikachu wearing different hats worn by Ash in the Pokémon anime series. These Pikachu will be distributed through Mystery Gift passwords over time, and the first one is available today, featuring the hat from the original series. More codes will be posted on this page, and you can claim them using the Mystery Gift option in Pokémon Sword and Shield, even if you didn't buy the Expansion Pass.

The presentation also revealed news about Pokémon HOME, the cloud storage service that allows players to store up to 6,000 Pokémon, trade, and see additional information about Pokémon, moves, and abilities. Later this year, the service will add support for the mobile title Pokémon GO, allowing players to transfer creatures from that game into Pokémon Sword and Shield.

As a reward for transferring Pokémon from GO into HOME, players will be able to activate the Mystery Box in Pokémon GO, which allows them to capture the creature Meltan. At the same time, a Mystery Gift will show up in Pokémon HOME, containing a special Melmetal (Meltan's evolved form) that is capable of Gigantamaxing, which is the first time this creature can be legitimately obtained in the games.

As mentioned above, the second part of the Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass, The Crown Tundra, will be available on October 22. If you have yet to buy the base games, however, a new edition including the Expansion Pass will be available in retail stores on November 6. You can read our review of the game if you're on the fence about buying it.

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running Vanilla 1.16.3

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.