Tech Star
every aspect will be reborn innovatively.

:D Pokemon will be changed for the better! :D

The_Decryptor

That theory was bullsh

oe

. I did the trick along the docks, where you find the truck by the boat. Friends of mine did to. Click it for hours or whatever you like, there was no Mew there.

image.php?groupid=502&dateline=1252005659

Only way to get Mew was from the events or if you used a hack I suppose. Otherwise, only 150 were obtainable.

I got Mew from one of the events, when they did it here they just added it into one of your 7 active Pokemon slots.

You already all 7 slots filled up? Don't worry, Nintendo would delete all 7 Pokemon to make room for that rare Mew.

I traded away my Mew for a level 100 Magmar (My level 100 Mewtwo made up for it, never lost a fight again)

Minifig

-1 Kiddish?? People here are older than 18 and got the newest one. It's just a game to enjoy and brings back memories ;)

Yep.. I'm turning 30 next year and I'm playing Pokemon right now... as I type this post.. my Volteon just hit 15. :)

Billus

When shall we see a 3d version for PC....I think there's a little kid in me still that won't die and he loves Pokemon

Explore

When shall we see a 3d version for PC....I think there's a little kid in me still that won't die and he loves Pokemon

Officially: Never

When it's released in Japan: Sure by ROMs.

+Audioboxer

Ah sweet, looks like they're finally overhauling things a little.

Consider me interested, I've neglected all the recent "remakes" and stuff due to me partially giving up on the series as I felt it had become stagnant.

I really want a home console version of Pokemon though, and not some ****ty spin off. If only Nintendo's online service wasn't as outdated as the last time Scotland made it into the World Cup they could sell Pokemon online for the Wii and just have it touched up and upscaled.

Chasethebase

Looks like the move animations aren't changing that much, well, Dark Pulse anyway (Check the pic).

They're all compiled in here

Sigurd

I always look forward to the next generation of Pokemon games, even though they are basically the same thing over and over again, just a throwback to my childhood and they are enjoyable. Look forward to seeing what these games can offer.

Chasethebase

I always look forward to the next generation of Pokemon games, even though they are basically the same thing over and over again, just a throwback to my childhood and they are enjoyable. Look forward to seeing what these games can offer.

This exactly, I thought I wouldn't be buying another one after HGSS, but I'm already hyped for the next releases. :p

SkyDX

Holy cow these pics look amazing! Can't wait^^

murkurie

Those screen's are amazing, I could see it coming out on 3DS then. There is a action replay code for SS and HG that moved the camera like that, but it didn't work so well because the game wasn't designed to be at that angle

+John.

Loving the progress so far. I'm really looking forward to this release, even though I've just bought SS and thought it would be my last this year. Oh well :D

~Johnny

Still 2D battles? With lazy animations? Rawr :pinch:

Well then, at least show off a 3D Pok?mon game on Wii at E3 this year to make up for it! :o

Explore
a23klz.jpg
bob_loblaw

I haven't played Pokemon in a while. Used to play it all the time though as a child though. I might get this along with a new DSXL.

violagirl23

The Mew glitch DOES work, because I did it, and it worked. The one where you avoid that one battle in Cerulean or whatever and then you fly away from that one trainer by pressing Start right when the ! bubble pops up? It works. Mew pops up west of Lavendar and you can catch it. You know what other glitch worked? Ditto knowing the move Cooltrainer or whatever. I still can't believe that one worked, but I did it. Though the PP won't be restored at Pokemon Centers. Oh and the Glitch City glitch with the Safari Zone.. that one can seriously eff up your save file but I did it a few times anyway because it was so gosh darn fun.

Tech Star

Looks good. I want to know how we are going to get around the city without getting lost. :p

mattnotley2004

-1 Kiddish?? People here are older than 18 and got the newest one. It's just a game to enjoy and brings back memories ;)

Exactly. My reason for buying HG and SS.

violagirl23

They will never run out of colors... You can literally create a rainbow montage with Pokemon game cartridges. :laugh:

I quit playing Pokemon after Sapphire because there was just too many Pokemons and an emerging pattern within the newly introduced ones... Plus I'm turning 18 tomorrow and Pokemon seems a bit kiddish.

Dude, I used to feel that way around age 16, then I realized III was kiddish, not the games. One of my close friends at college right now is totally into HeartGold... and she's 39. She's been playing since RBY, and they came out when she was in her mid 20's. Pokemon isn't just for kids, it's fun for everyone. That, and I swear half of my dormitory right now at college is going crazy over the new PKMN games, and we're all over 18.

LightShadow

Screens look so good! Can't wait! Hopefully more pics are revealed soon :) Can't wait to see some new Pok?mon.

hotdog666al

Still 2D battles? With lazy animations? Rawr :pinch:

Well then, at least show off a 3D Pokémon game on Wii at E3 this year to make up for it! :o

:o I don't know man, the pixel art makes everything look crisp and lovely.

For instance:

review_pokemon_stadium_n64.JPG vs. Spr_4h_006.png

Calum

Thank you to those who explained to me about the generations.

I hope Pok?mon is still shown in the UK on some Freeview channel. I'd love to get back into it. I reckon I'm going to buy a DS and some of the games.

Andrew

Thank you to those who explained to me about the generations.

I hope Pokémon is still shown in the UK on some Freeview channel. I'd love to get back into it. I reckon I'm going to buy a DS and some of the games.

I think Sky holds the license in the UK. I remember years ago they'd have 3 episodes in a row of The Simpsons, then 3 episodes of Pokémon, then Stargate or some **** :p

Judging from the new screens, seems you'll traverse the world similar to Animal Crossing. Hopefully it paves way for a Wii version too.

Chasethebase

Update video from someone, basically showing that there's going to be more announcements next week.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      Nintendo introduces new, darker, blue color for the Switch Lite
      by João Carrasqueira

As many Nintendo fans are yearning for a purported Switch model with a better display and 4K support, the Japanese giant has decided to instead introduce a new color variant of its lower-end Switch Lite. The new model comes in a darker blue shade, with a hint of purple that some fans are likening to the Nintendo GameCube - although it is undeniably different.

The Nintendo Switch Lite is a more affordable variant of the standard Switch, featuring a smaller display, a single-piece design (as opposed to removable Joy-Con), a proper D-pad, and overall lighter build, making it ideal for taking on the go. On the other hand, the Switch Lite is completely unable to output video to an external screen, so you can't play it on a TV in any way. We reviewed the handheld when it launched originally in 2019, and found it to be a better option for handheld play, though there are some definite sacrifices to be made.

The new color variant is launching on May 21, alongside one of Nintendo's most recently-announced titles, Miitopia, though the game isn't included with the system. Miitopia is a remastered version of the title of the same name, which launched on the Nintendo 3DS in 2017, now featuring HD graphics. It's an RPG starring Nintendo's Mii avatars, specifically with the ability to use Miis from other users on the player's friends list, making them the main characters of the game.

The new Switch Lite also costs the same as every other color variant, at $199.99, and with it, there are now five models outside of special editions. With rumors ramping up regarding an improved Switch model launching later this year, some may find it hard to justify that investment, but it's a new option for anyone that's interested in it.

• By indospot
      Pac-Man gets the battle royale treatment for Switch Online users
      by João Carrasqueira

Nintendo Switch Online subscribers are getting another exclusive game as part of their subscription - a battle royale-style game called Pac-Man 99. This interpretation of the arcade classic sees 99 players pitted against each other by playing the game as usual, with every enemy defeated resulting in an attack on other players.

As Nintendo explains, there are two key aspects in winning a game in Pac-Man 99. First, when Pac-Man eats a Power Pellet, eating the ghosts results in Jammer Pac-Men being sent to other players. Like the ghosts, Jammer Pac-Man will chase the other players on the stage, and if a player gets caught, their movement speed decreases, making them more vulnerable to the antagonist ghosts.

The other key element is sleeping ghosts, lineups of tiny ghosts that can be collected every now and then. These sleeping ghosts will follow one of the four major ones as they hunt down the player, but upon eating a Power Pellet, every ghost becomes edible, resulting in more attack opportunities against other players.

The new launch comes just a week after Nintendo pulled the plug on Super Mario Bros. 35, another battle royale-style game where players played through levels of the original Super Mario Bros., with each defeated enemy being sent to other players' games. That game was a limited-time release in celebration of 35 years of the title and was removed on March 31.

Pac-Man 99 isn't the only classic game reborn for Nintendo Switch Online members, however. Tetris 99 was released about two years ago and is very similar in spirit, though naturally based on Tetris instead. That title is still available at no additional cost, and Pac-Man 99 will join the party later today at 6PM Pacific Time.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Super Mario Bros. is now the most expensive game ever sold at a whopping $660,000
      by Usama Jawad

While March 31, 2021 may have been the day Mario died, the iconic plumber appears to be still very much alive when it comes to auctions. A sealed copy of the original Super Mario Bros. has sold for a whopping $660,000, comfortably beating previous records.

As reported by Heritage Auctions (via The Verge), a sealed copy of Super Mario Bros. from 1985 for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) has been auctioned for $660,000, making it the most expensive game sold to date. It beat the previous record held by Super Mario Bros. 3 by over $500,000. That title sold for a measly $156,000 back in 2020. Prior to that, a mint copy of the same Super Mario Bros. was sold for $114,000.

Explaining the historical significance of the game, Heritage Auctions went on to say that:

It is important to note that the title is not particularly unplayable in this day and age. In fact, it is available on the Game & Watch, and even if you didn't manage to nab one, you can play it on the Nintendo Switch Online service without forking out half a million bucks. Although, of course, a sealed physical copy of a nearly 40-year-old game has its own value, but whether or not it is worth $660,000 is undoubtedly in the eye of the beholder.

• By hellowalkman
      Nvidia Ada Lovelace architecture might power the purported Switch 2021 revision
      by Sayan Sen

The purported Switch revision - which is rumored to be launching sometime around Christmas this year - will allegedly be powered by Nvidia's next-gen Ada Lovelace architecture according to reputable Twitter leakster kopite7kimi. Ada Lovelace is rumored to be the successor to the Ampere architecture that powers the current generation PC GPUs from Nvidia. This alleged development isn't too far-fetched considering the fact that the Maxwell GPU architecture inside the Tegra X1 and X1+ SoCs powering the Nintendo Switch and the Switch Lite is seven years old now and does not support cutting-edge technologies like DLSS which the Switch revision will reportedly feature.

The mention of Ada Lovelace happened for the first time in December last year when it was said that Nvidia was delaying its rumored Multi-chip Module (MCM) design dubbed 'Hooper' in favor of the new 5nm Ada Lovelace architecture. With this next-gen design, it is alleged that Nvidia will be nearly doubling its CUDA core count to 18,432 up from 10,752 in current-gen Ampere. Of course, it is unlikely that a handheld console like the Switch, no matter how powerful the revision may be, comes with something as beefy as that. But a variant of the Ada Lovelace design which is cut-down and custom-built for the revamped 2021 Switch is more than plausible.

Source: kopite7kimi (Twitter)

• By indospot
      Nintendo teams up with Niantic to create AR apps for its franchises
      by João Carrasqueira

Nintendo has announced a partnership with Niantic, the company known for AR experiences on smartphones, most notably Pokémon GO, which will see the two companies develop multiple AR titles featuring Nintendo's cast of characters. While Pokémon is a Nintendo franchise, it's handled by The Pokémon Company, which is only partly owned by Nintendo, so this is the first time Nintendo is working directly with Niantic.

Just like Pokémon GO, the apps coming from this partnership will be designed to "make walking more fun" and encourage outdoor activities. The first title in the series will be coming later this year, and while you might expect Nintendo to leverage its most popular franchises, it's actually starting with an app based on Pikmin.

The Pikmin series debuted on the GameCube and has only received three mainline entries in the past 20 years - Pikmin and Pikmin 2 released on the GameCube and were ported to the Wii, while Pikmin 3 released for the Wii U in 2013, but got ported to the Nintendo Switch with additional content last year as Pikmin 3 Deluxe. There was also a spin-off title, Hey! Pikmin, for the Nintendo 3DS released in 2017.

Pikmin, the creatures featured in the series of games, are tiny when compared to humans, so the title will play with the idea that they're living secretly around people. Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto said:

Niantic, for its part, is expanding its portfolio of AR titles. The company made its videogame debut with Ingress in 2014 and then released Pokémon GO in 2016 using a lot of the same ideas. The company has also partnered with Warner Bros. to develop Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and now, the partnership with Nintendo brings even more well-known properties under its belt. The Pikmin game will also be the first one developed by Niantic Tokyo Studio, a development team established in 2018.

If you're interested, you can pre-register your interest in the app on this website.