Minifig

They sure are enthusiastic ...

Chasethebase

You know what I want from these games, a conversation system like Fallout's or other games where you're given a selection of responses which affect the story line and if a person will give you an item. It wouldn't be with every person, but just the important characters that shape the storyline.

That'd be sweet.

iamawesomewicked

I am so freaking glad that they updated the battle sounds.. those 12 year old battle sounds were getting old.

Chasethebase

http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/

The legendary Pok?mon have been revealed, the white one is Black version's and vice versa. And yes, that tuft of fur or whatever is inappropriately placed. :rofl:

LightShadow

I like the new Legends. Even though they look a bit weird. Being near all one colour. Compared to others having more than them. But want to see what storyline is in hold for them. As sites state they have a big importance to Isshu's (New Region Name) History and stuff.

But the names sound weird. And since the names got revealed on the USA Pokemon website and UK Nintendo Website then it is likely that the names are the official english names.

Chasethebase

There's a chance that they're just the translated Japanese names for now, similar to how Pokabu, Mijumaru and Tsutarja have been translated for now. We'll see, they seem a bit odd for English names though.

The Teej

That grass type starter looks so ****ing smug. He's like "Yeah, you know you're going to pick me, because I'm the ****, and you know it."

Tech Star

Love both. :D I am buying White for sure though now.

Explore

Decided. Black is my version.

Kondrath

The new legendaries look more like Digimon :laugh:

Livin in a box

If it's coming to the West in Spring 2011, when will it be going to our Eastern friends?

EDIT: September 2010 then. Will be getting the Japanese one.

freak180

The new legendaries look more like Digimon :laugh:

Thats the first thing that came ti mind :rofl: But they sure look freaking awesome!

Chasethebase
In The Games Department Black & White - Zekrom's Type? - Rumour

The host of Pokémon Sunday, Nakagawa Shoko, blogged today about the character she is voicing in the thirteenth movie. With this, she mentioned about her love for Electric types and stated that due to this, she wants to get Zekrom. This statement was quickly removed from her blog but people managed to catch it in time. If this holds true then it will mean that Zekrom is of a Dragon and Electric type, a new and unique type combination. Remember though, this is NOT confirmed, albeit coming from a very likely source plus she could have removed it due to her being mistaken about Zekrom's type. We'll bring more as and when it comes Click the picture to go to our New Pokémon Page.

Both have been confirmed as Dragon as one of their types, Dragon Electric would be sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
murkurie

Thought I might mention this game can be pre-ordered. I pre-ordered it a fews days, first one to get white, somebody else already got black.

• 3 weeks later...
Razorwing

I'll pick it up when I get my 3Ds. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Chasethebase

This game is for the Nintendo DS, not the 3DS, as such it won't have 3D capabilities. It's out in September for Japan, probably March/April for the US/EU.

Also there's been a boatload of info since the last post.

List of new Pokemon, rather large now.

There's a bunch of videos on YouTube as well.

StealMySoda

Got my GF a DSi XL for her birthday thinking I wouldn't get any use out of it. Guess I will now :p

Chasethebase

• 2 weeks later...
Andrew

Bye-bye, Butterfree: Pokemon Black/White to only have new Pokemon until you’ve beaten the game

August 4th, 2010 @ 09:53

By Nathan Grayson

Pokemon? Without Pikachu?

Great, Nintendo. You just broke the world. Do you have any idea how much it’s gonna cost to fix this?

Over on his blog (translation via Andriasang), GameFreak’s Junichi Masuda revealed that you won’t see hide nor hair nor flaming tail of your favorite classic critters until you “beat” Black or White – which we’re guessing involves mopping the floor with its Elite Four, Fantastic Five, Superior Six, or whatever we’re calling them these days.

Masuda explained that he hopes this will allow the latest Pokemon generation to recapture the feel of the first games in the series by presenting an unpredictable, unexplored world full of fresh faces.

But are they cuddly travel companions or hideous, pock-marked pocket monstrosities? You be the judge. Click through the link for a few images of the Pokemon class of 2011. We’re particularly fond of the one that looks like a rabid raccoon crossed with Futurama’s Hypnotoad. And for some reason, we feel compelled to give all glory to him. Weird.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/04/bye-bye-butterfree-pokemon-black-and-white-block-off-old-pokemon-until-youve-beaten-the-game/

Olemus

Pokemon was ruined for me when they went above the original 150 (?).

thealexweb

I don't like that idea at all. It seems that their now milking Pokemon for all its worth and ruining one of the most popular games of all time.

Nick H.

Pokemon was ruined for me when they went above the original 150 (?).

I'm with you. I played Gold for a bit, but some of the pokemon were obvious moments where the developers went, "We need more! Quick, draw a line and we'll call it a new pokemon!"

Andrew

Actually the new Pok?mon are a result of the tv show & the new seasons or "Generations" as it's called.

The developers don't have anything to do with their creation.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      European consumer organization files complaint against Nintendo for Joy-Con drift
      by João Carrasqueira

It's been almost four years since the Nintendo Switch made its debut on the market, but complaints about the console's Joy-Con controllers show no signs of stopping. Today, BEUC, the European consumer organization, has filed a formal complaint to the European Commission and national consumer protection authorities in the EU against the Japanese giant for premature obsolescence of its hardware.

As you might expect, the issue lies in what's become known as Joy-Con drift - when the analog sticks in the Joy-Con controllers start registering inputs without any actual interaction from the user, causing characters to move on their own. BEUC states that this flaw makes the console "unusable".

BEUC has worked with a number of consumer associations around the European Union, which started investigations a few months ago, and has received over 25,000 complaints from customers in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Greece. According to consumer reports, 88% of cases of Joy-Con drift happen within two years of buying the console.

BEUC's Director General, Monique Goyens, said:

Nintendo has yet to fully acknowledge that something is wrong, so the organization claims that consumers are being misled by omission of key information, based on the EU's Unfair Commercial Practices Directive. BEUC urges Nintendo to fix the issues as quickly as possible, as well as inform consumers of the limited longevity of the Joy-Con and repair them for free until the issue is fixed. Nintendo has already been offering free repairs in some regions for a while now, despite not making any announcements regarding fixes or changes to the Joy-Con's design.

• By Namerah S
      Hitman 3 headed to Nintendo Switch on January 20
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

IO Interactive announced Hitman 3, the third and final installment in the World of Assassination series, at the PS5 event back in June 2020. At the time, the stealth shooter was set to land on the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC in January 2021. A few months later in October, a Nintendo Switch announcement followed suit.

So far, the Danish video game developer had only confirmed the exact release date for the Sony and Microsoft consoles and PC. Today IO announced the specific launch date for the Nintendo Switch as well.

Hitman 3 is scheduled to launch on the exact same date, January 20, 2021, across all the aforementioned gaming platforms. The NS release is going to happen through the cloud.

A lot of details about the upcoming Hitman 3 release have been announced so far. In August it was revealed that the game will be an Epic Games Store exclusive and that owners of the title will be able to import their old data and game locations from Steam. In the same month, IO also detailed the game modes for the January 2021 release.

• By indospot
      New Pokémon Snap gets a release date of April 30 along with a new trailer
      by João Carrasqueira

It's been over 20 years since Pokémon Snap released on the Nintendo 64, and while fans have had a lot to wait for another take on the franchise, the wait is almost over. The Pokémon Company has announced on its Twitter page that New Pokémon Snap is set to launch on April 30 on the Nintendo Switch.

The new title was initially revealed during a Pokémon Presents video last summer, but a release date wasn't given at the time. The title is in development at Bandai Namco, and as you'd expect, it comes with a pretty major graphical leap over its predecessor. The company shared a new trailer along with the announcement.

In New Pokémon Snap, players will explore the Lental region with the goal of seeing and taking pictures of as many Pokémon as possible, in the best possible conditions. Players also have to investigate something called the Illumina phenomenon, where vegetation in the region starts glowing, seemingly leading to super-sized versions of Pokémon appearing.

While the first entry was released when only the first generation of Pokémon games had been released, we're now eight generations in, and the game appears to feature creatures from all of them. However, not every Pokémon is included, as the game's website denotes that you can photograph "over 200" of them. In terms of visuals, the game is also a major departure from the style adopted in the latest mainline series games, Pokémon Sword and Shield, with arguably better-looking models and scenarios.

As mentioned above, the game will release exclusively on the Nintendo Switch on April 30, and pre-orders are available today at retailers such as Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.

• By boydo
      Super Nintendo World grand opening faces delays due to local state of emergency
      by Boyd Chan

Super Nintendo World has been years in the making with an initial announcement of the theme park made towards the end of 2016. While the world caught a glimpse of what to expect inside the park thanks to a guided tour with Shigeru Miyamoto in a recent Super Nintendo World Direct video, people have had to sit tight until the grand opening date on February 4th.

Unfortunately, those looking to experience Super Nintendo World for themselves will have to hang on a bit longer. In an announcement from Universal Studios Japan (Japanese), the opening of Super Nintendo World will be postponed until the current state of emergency declared for Osaka prefecture has been lifted.

At this stage, an indicative opening date has not been provided by Universal Studios Japan, however, Osaka prefecture's declaration of emergency is currently in place until February 7th to combat the spread of COVID-19. Of course, this could change in the coming weeks.

Although this may scupper plans for those who were planning and able to travel to Japan to get their Super Nintendo fix in the flesh, you can try tiding yourself over with a virtual tour of the theme park here where you can find out more about some of the rides and attractions.

• By indospot
      Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury trailer shows off gigantic Bowser and new worlds
      by João Carrasqueira

Nintendo first revealed Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury in a Nintendo Direct celebrating the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. last September. This will be an expanded version of Super Mario 3D World - first released on the Wii U - but Nintendo didn't show off any of the new content in the expansion at the time.

With one month left before the official release, the company decided to take the wraps off of Bowser's Fury, the new mode in the game in a pre-announced 2-minute trailer posted today. While seemingly short, the trailer shows off quite a bit of interesting stuff, including a number of levels that appear to be much larger than the main Super Mario 3D World levels. In this new adventure, Mario will seek to fight off a gigantic version of Bowser, seemingly covered in some kind of dark liquid.

One of the more interesting features showcased is that Bowser Jr., usually an enemy in the Mario franchise, is Mario's partner in this mode. We get to see Bowser Jr. flying around in his clown car and carrying a paintbrush akin to the one seen in Super Mario Sunshine, a GameCube title where Bowser Jr. was an enemy. Here, it looks like the paintbrush can be used to reveal certain secrets in levels, and Bowser Jr. himself can help defeat certain enemies. In addition to that, we see some new collectibles spread throughout the levels, as well as a new giant bell power-up that will seemingly transform Mario into a super-sized Cat Mario.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is set to release on February 12, being the first major Nintendo title of the year. To go along with it, Nintendo has also announced a new special edition of the Nintendo Switch, with colors inspired by Mario himself. This is one of the most custom Switch bundles yet, with a red dock, main Switch unit - which has a color other than black for the first time ever - and Joy-Con, paired with a blue Joy-Con grip and blue Joy-Con strap attachments. The straps themselves are striped in white and red, which we've also never seen before.

Additionally, the Mario Red and Blue Edition, as it's called, of the Nintendo Switch, also includes a carrying case and screen protector. The whole package will retain its $299.99 price, the same as a regular Switch, and it will be available on the same day as the game.