Every Black Hole Contains Another Universe?

If only people went to read and understand the conventional theories behind black holes before speculating enthusiastically on fantastically unbelievable ones. Not a single smartie observed that singularities can not be infinitesimally small because of quantum theory. How then can one start talking about white holes, something which was theorised by astrophysicists, and completely unverifiable?

There is also at least one gentleman here who doesn't seem to understand the unverifiability part even though he has posted a link to "educate" someone else.

The same was said about the earth revolving around the sun, people were burned at the stake for this witchcraft and heresy.

Nowadays we have traded the stakes for the internet and continue to flame ideas not in inquisitions, but forums.

Never close your mind.

Everyone knows that the sun revolves around the Earth :rolleyes:

I thought this was old news, that Black Holes could contain universes and it leads me to wonder if the universe can ever fully be understood. I'm thinking Farscape, and further, I wonder if we may ever encounter a universe where all our laws of physics will be negated. But this is all common conjecture, and some of it may actually be proven closer to home.

Possibly the big bang...

Interesting... So what you're actually saying is that, whilst every universe could have multiple roads to other universes, it only has ONE road to its parent universe; one white hole, which is that universe's zero point event, its big bang.

This is very interesting! But it is just a (very rare) theory right now.

Actually, it's a pretty common theory that's been around for many decades and was initially grabbed on to by scifi authours (though I couldn't tell you if a scifi author or a physicist originated it.) Hell, Disney made a movie about it back in the 80's, and a BBC scifi show called Blake's 7 covered it in the 70's... It goes back even further than that too, as it's in Flash Gordon as well.

This is quite interesting.

Maybe the big bang was a single particle traveling through a black hole in our "parent universe" and expanding to create ours on the exit!

(yes I know nothing about physics :p)

Agreed, brilliant idea. But just a theory at the moment, with no way to prove it. If this is true, we know nothing can escape a black hole. So that means it is one way street for whatever is travelling into it.

The sheer gravity forces would crush/tear you apart long before you got through. Not to mention any time dilation effects...

This is very interesting! But it is just a (very rare) theory right now.

Please educate yourself. Please learn what a scientific theory is!

If this paper wasn't testable and provable, if it failed to make predictions and the other scientists couldn't come to the same results, it wouldn't be called a theory and it wouldn't get published in a peer reviewed journal!

Now, let's read what this particular theory is about:

In a recent paper published in the journal Physics Letters B, Indiana University physicist Nicodem Poplawski presents new mathematical models of the spiraling motion of matter falling into a black hole.

We don't have to go inside the black hole to see it if works or not. It's just A MATHEMATICAL MODEL! We can test mathematical models here on Earth just fine!

Now, what is a mathematical model?

A mathematical model uses mathematical language to describe a system.

That's it. The system itself (the universe, the black hole) maybe a hypothetical one (because no one knows for sure what it's like inside the black hole)! But this theory can still make the predictions based on what we already know! As long as the model adheres to laws of math and science, this theory is as real as it gets = it describes the behaviour in a hypothetical system using the language of math.

A real black hole can turn out something completely different and this theory would still be valid.

Plus, if this were true, where are all the white holes? :p

It is possible that the white holes are in fact the source of dark matter. If this is the case then we have no way of knowing, but if dark matter is coming into our universe through white holes (or better yet, dark holes) then it would help explain the expansion of our universe.