Microsoft : Office 2010 RTM (Released to Manufacturing)

Microsoft has reportedly released its latest version of the Office System to manufacturing. A third-party source indicates that Office 2010 was RTM?d on April 12, 2010, the deadline for the general availability of Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4. The Redmond company has not made any official announcements related to the RTM of Office 2007?s successor, and not commented in any manner on speculation in the wild, let alone to confirm or deny reports according to which it has already signed-off Office 2010.

Office-2010-RTM-d-Released-to-Manufacturing-Reportedly-3.jpg

More on Softpedia

So, in other words, Softpedia just concocted that story, claimed to have a 3rd-party source, put up a screenshot from the installation of build 4734 (which was compiled in January), and is hoping that Wzor's best guess about the RTM date (April 12th) is true. This is what I hate about news on the internet.

It hasnt RTMd yet as Microsoft has not commented or announced anything.

I believe this thread should be closed :)

They often don't immediately announce it. Usually it's just some product manager that throws off a tweet at the end of the day. Either way, why should the thread be closed?

Awesome, I'll be keeping my eye out for student deals!

The student deal is already out - free upgrade to 2010 when you purchase Office 2007 for $75 now. It's a bloody awesome offer. :yes:

Either way, why should the thread be closed?

Because it hasnt actually RTM.

Should I make another thread with the title:

"Microsoft : Windows 7 SP1 RTW (Released to Web)"

?

No, because even though the product is rumored to completion or near complete or in progress, it has not been officially announced therefore is not true.

Wonder how they got copies of it... last I checked it hasn't even hit MSDN yet. :/

I don't think it out yet, that look like the RC (14.0.4734.1000).

yeah you like screenshots so much, post one with the version number, then we will know.

These are WZT screenshots and not mine. They claim this is the RTM. WZT = Most of the Windows 7 leaks.

Because it hasnt actually RTM.

There are 2 Microsoft partners claiming that, in fact, the RTM vote happened yesterday and a build was indeed selected for RTM. You seem to think that just because Microsoft didn't plaster their site with news about it that it must not have happened. We've got a thread here to discuss the situation and it shouldn't be closed. Get over it.

There are 2 Microsoft partners claiming that, in fact, the RTM vote happened yesterday and a build was indeed selected for RTM. You seem to think that just because Microsoft didn't plaster their site with news about it that it must not have happened. We've got a thread here to discuss the situation and it shouldn't be closed. Get over it.

Well put. Don't you think that some of the people who post here have information that isn't public knowledge?

So, in other words, Softpedia just concocted that story, claimed to have a 3rd-party source, put up a screenshot from the installation of build 4734 (which was compiled in January), and is hoping that Wzor's best guess about the RTM date (April 12th) is true. This is what I hate about news on the internet.

Yup... totally concocted...

http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2010/03/05/sharepoint-2010-office-2010-launch.aspx

Today, we officially announced that May 12th, 2010, is the launch date for SharePoint 2010 & Office 2010. In addition, we announced our intent to RTM (Release to Manufacturing) this April 2010.

This is not the RTM version. There is no way an EULA will be that short! Take a look at any other EULA at installation, and you will see that it is at least 5 times longer than this!

This is not the RTM version. There is no way an EULA will be that short! Take a look at any other EULA at installation, and you will see that it is at least 5 times longer than this!

Francisco Martin reporting another build happened (14.0.4999.1033) no RTM yet...

http://twitter.com/fmartin_MS

Francisco Martin reporting another build happened (14.0.4999.1033) no RTM yet...

http://twitter.com/fmartin_MS

Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of that guy. First, he says a trial download is available, then that build 4763 is RTM, then that 4999 is compiled. Not exactly the best way to build credibility.