Microsoft : Office 2010 RTM (Released to Manufacturing)

Srugie

Is Office 2010 lighter in resources than Office 2003?

trogenda

Can anyone please tell me the build number(s!)? Is that different from the wzor's leaked version?

Barney T.

Using Firefox ATM on Technet, and it is fast.......... no problems at all.

+Frank B.

Can you extract the link from TechNet like what you did before ?

;)

When downloading via Firefox: Right-click the download -> Copy Download Link

Phenom II
capturelx.png
boogerjones

@Phenom: you really need to stop perseverating over the versioning system. The build numbering is complicated.

Phenom II

@Phenom: you really need to stop perseverating over the versioning system. The build numbering is complicated.

I was replying to the above post asking for the build number

trogenda

capturelx.png

Thanks. The leaked version is newer or MS fixed the build number. In both cases it is different from wzor. I don't trust wzor anymore.

boogerjones

Kind of annoying that we can't extract the EXE and run the setup from the extracted files. Hopefully they'll upload the retail DVD or a VL ISO to Technet.

Edit: You can extract the CD structure from your temp directory while the installation is open.

ToneKnee

Downloading now, 20 minutes left! <3 *goes to watch South Park*

Phenom II

Kind of annoying that we can't extract the EXE and run the setup from the extracted files. Hopefully they'll upload the retail DVD or a VL ISO to Technet.

Edit: You can extract the CD structure from your temp directory while the installation is open.

Cool, so we can then make an Autorun CD ?

ToneKnee

All installed, very nice! :D

Phenom II

Release Candidate keys still work for this RTM build

Shayla

Release Candidate keys still work for this RTM build

What?Those keys from Connect you mean?

If so that's sweet :D

Phenom II

Yea the connect keys :)

I am extracting the exe setup file with winrar :huh:

itzwolf

Can't wait to get home from work and start downloading this bad boy. Been waiting for a long time for this... :cool:

still1

Can't wait to get home from work and start downloading this bad boy. Been waiting for a long time for this... :cool:

same here....

Petvas

I installed the 64bit version and in comparison to the RC I see a big difference in speed! Outlook seems very fast.

+KibosJ

I installed the 64bit version and in comparison to the RC I see a big difference in speed! Outlook seems very fast.

I never tried the RC but it's definitely faster than the beta :)

Barney T.

Hmmm... had a conflict with FrontPage 2003. I guess that Office 2010 was trying to sync the files and couldn't find the appropriate .cab. Continued to open and shut Installing / Cancelling window. I finally just removed FrontPage and all works fine now.

Joni_78

Downloading :). Sad that there is only English version on TechNet at the moment.

martyras

Downloading :). Sad that there is only English version on TechNet at the moment.

No, there are other langs as well such german, italian, spanish etc. Language packs are not available at this time.

Grinch

No, there are other langs as well such german, italian, spanish etc. Language packs are not available at this time.

If you read it again, he said "Sad that there is only English version on TechNet at the moment."

A shame only 1 key for now. :(

Singh400

Of course you can extract the EXEs...

name_of_exe.exe /extract:path

eg:

en_office_professional_plus_2010_x64_515489.exe /extract:C:\cookie_monster

In command line of course (Y)

Wanderermy

The setup.exe build is 14.0.4755.1000

And I got and error said "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

What's going on?