Crap albums by favourite artists?

Presence has at least two good songs, Achilles Last Stand which has one of the best guitar solos, and Nobody's Fault But Mine. Division Bell is an alright album it has some great slow scores, if you like anything Pink Floyd's done before I don't see why you would hate this album.

Ugh, I really can't think of any such albums off the top of my head...

Maybe... Kreator. They're not exactly on my 'favourite bands' list, but I like them. I absolutely hate their Endorama album.

To put it into context - they went from this to

, which is why I consider it 'crap'.

Coldplay's Viva La Vida.

Yeah I'd agree with that. It got about 2 plays from me, and has sat on "the shelf" ever since. U2's new one, "No line on the horizon" would rank up there too.

Oh this is my kind of thread!

I probably have a laundry list:

Everclear - Pretty much any album after So Much For the Afterglow, but most especially In a Different Light which was released last year. Ungodly Awful.

Alter Bridge - Their very first album, absolute trash. Followed by Blackbird, which I found fantastic.

Tantric - Mind Control

Megadeth - Risk

H.I.M. - Screamworks - If this is the product of his sobriety, please start drinking again.

Dave Matthews Band - Stand Up - Let's all pretend this album never happened.

Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow - Musically amazing. Lyrically terrible.

Coheed and Cambria

My main problem with this band is that they're musically talented when it comes to instrumentals but always have an awful lead singer ruin the amazing potential their songs could have.

Anything after Parachutes & A rush of blood to the head by Coldplay.

I'm also a Pink Floyd fan, and their Momentary Lapse of Reason is my least fav from them.. The Division Bell was a bit weak but better than nothing after waiting for years! Nothing beats "Wish You Were Here".

I'm also a Pink Floyd fan, and their Momentary Lapse of Reason is my least fav from them.. The Division Bell was a bit weak but better than nothing after waiting for years! Nothing beats "Wish You Were Here".

IMHO all 3 Pink Floyd albums after Roger Waters' departure from the band are sub-optimal at best.

On-topic: Zooropa by U2. What a disappointment after the excellent 'Achtung Baby!' album.

Totally agree. I tried to get through an album after those two, but I just can't. :(

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Metallica - St. Anger to Death Magnetic

System of a Down - Hypnotize

I particularly dislike Metallica's stance on "trying to go back as if they were finishing Master of Puppets" with their last album. Makes them sound like poseurs trying to be people they no longer are. :ermm:

IMHO all 3 Pink Floyd albums after Roger Waters' departure from the band are sub-optimal at best.

3? Yeah - Strange (to me, anyway) that after Waters' departure, Gilmour's guitar "sang" less (less inspired?), yet the guitars on Waters' Floyd/solo albums are consistently pretty good (but I could be biased - I prefer Waters).

Mike Oldfield - Light+Shade. Yeah, he's been on a downward slide the past decade or so, but there was usually a track or two (at least) worth listening to. L+S - I got nothing. He's also always been in need of help from a lyricist. You can tell his lyrics (when he does have them) are from the heart, but they're usually somewhat awkward.

I particularly dislike Metallica's stance on "trying to go back as if they were finishing Master of Puppets" with their last album. Makes them sound like poseurs trying to be people they no longer are. :ermm:

Oh, I have to disagree there. I thought their last album was superb and believe it was right they went back to that sort of sound. It had been many years and it was nice to see them experiment with other sounds, but it made sense to me for them to go back to that. I also quite liked St. Anger which may surprise many here :p

The Killers and Metallica are two of my favourite bands, but I love all of their albums :/ I will try and think of an artist I love who has released a bad album.

St Anger by Metallica definetely. Death Magnetic I thought was quite good...

I dunno. It just felt empty to me, vocals and all. I love their old stuff for the attitude and I just didn't feel it at all with their latest album.

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

I wouldn't count Gorillaz as my favourites, but I was really disappointed with Plastic Beach.

Clutch - Transnational Speedway League

Metallica - St. Anger.

It had 2 songs I listen to on a rare occasion otherwise it was bad, Death Magnetic turned out 1000000xs better than St. Anger.

Another vote for St. Anger, to me it just sounds like a bunch of riffs glued together in Pro Tools, there`s no flow whithin the songs, one part ends - add glue - append next part

Death Magnetic, while no masterpiece is definately an improvement

I just wish the guys would ditch Pro Tools altogether and just write proper songs

The latest Scorpions album, Sting in the Tail. It's their last... I was expecting something that was gonna' blow me away filled with tons of modern-day "Still Loving You"s . It's disappointing. Not horrible, but I have no favorites from it...

• 4 months later...

Linkin Park - "A Thousand Suns". I've been an LP fan since 2000, and I've loved everything they've released, but this one, just no. There's a few alright songs, but they're forgettable. The only really great song is "The Catalyst", which is epic, but it's not enough to bring up the whole album.