UK Airspace Closed! From 12pm onwards

Yep, not heard anything from Ireland until now. They have closed the airspace for safety reasons along with the Uk.

Oh well, another weekend stuck in England. FML.

Go by coach overnight, eurolines. Then fly back when you can.

Go by coach overnight, eurolines. Then fly back when you can.

It's really not worth it mate. I have to be back in Manchester, then Blackpool, then Lytham on Monday. I fly over on the Friday night, then fly home on the Sunday, sometimes early Monday.

I'll just hope that I can get over there next weekend instead if things don't sort themselves out.

Airports closed due to dust particles in the air. Police are currently talking to the cleaner of the Arsenal trophy cabinet.:whistle:

Cloudy With A Chance Of Plane Falls?

Heathrow Airport now emptied of 260,000 passengers, replaced by 300,000 journalists reporting on how empty it is.

I Hate Iceland - Stay Classy Scotland.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=34mHZgP9vkc

Latest news; reports of people in Norway ( Bergen ) can smell sulphur and it smells a bit like new-years eve :p

R?ros Smelled like **** today. they said it was from the cloud, I dunno. it certainly isn't time for the farmers to spread their **** yet.

Friends of ours were supposed to be flying out to Alicante today :(

Well, better alive and kicking than dead in a cloud of smoke I suppose. That's how I'm looking at it.

some Neowin-(ians) in those affected countries, go outside and take pics, stop being lazy, I wanna see that damn thing amateur style ...

this is cool, bad for planes and air (as the ash turns watter acidic if I remember correctly) ...

some Neowin-(ians) in those affected countries, go outside and take pics, stop being lazy, I wanna see that damn thing amateur style ...

this is cool, bad for planes and air (as the ash turns watter acidic if I remember correctly) ...

Yep :) - You end up with VOG (Volcanic Fog)

Mix of Sulphur Dioxide reacting with moisture and O2 = Sulphuric Acid

Funnily the insurance companies here are refusing to pay people who get stuck at home for their hotels. They don't consider particules in the air that causes the air transport copmpanies to refuse to fly neither wetiehr or natural disaster....

If a volcano isn't a natural disaster, wtf is ?

I think the logic is that it's only a natural disaster if the airport is swallowed by lava, not if some smoke happens to make it's way to a neighboring region. That's not a disaster in itself. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in the contract that lets them get away with that.