Worst band ever?

I'm exactly the opposite, I love the new album, but can't get into the older stuff :D But I haven't really listened to it that much. How can you not like songs like All Hope is Gone or Psychosocial.

LOL

It's totally different from the old stuff...

Killswitch Engage, System of a Down.

Well, not so much the bands themselves but the singers. Both of them are terrible and make my ears bleed.

Killswitch Engage, System of a Down.

Well, not so much the bands themselves but the singers. Both of them are terrible and make my ears bleed.

LOL

What do you consider a good singer? Howard Jones from KsE is one of the best metal singer out there. Listen to their Holy Diver cover. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I think the singer from KsE is really good. As for SOAD though, that band is just.. awful. :p So I agree with you on that one.

I'm going to now start a thread - Best Band Ever! Granted, both are subjective topics, but I think it's more fun to post what we think is the best band currently performing music.

Radiohead - A bunch of whiney sounding crap

Funny as this ticks me off I understand it as well. I love the band as they are one of the most important bands that I listen to.

Also on the other hand I understand why people just don't get them. To me the same people that do not get Radiohead are the

same people that hate or just do not get Pink Floyd. I love all kinds of music and like many depending on my mood. Right now

I am totally Radiohead and can't see any reason not to like their creative and inspiring music, but then again I am a musician and

might look at things that others may not. I do have other friends that would feel it is boring or whiney as you say.

It's great to have options and options per taste :)

Funny as this ticks me off I understand it as well. I love the band as they are one of the most important bands that I listen to.

Also on the other hand I understand why people just don't get them. To me the same people that do not get Radiohead are the

same people that hate or just do not get Pink Floyd. I love all kinds of music and like many depending on my mood. Right now

I am totally Radiohead and can't see any reason not to like their creative and inspiring music, but then again I am a musician and

might look at things that others may not. I do have other friends that would feel it is boring or whiney as you say.

It's great to have options and options per taste :)

Very nice reply you gave. Being as I was a former music major before I postponned finishing my college stint, I agree with you whole heartedly. I am over-critical of most bands and I just singled out a few that came up at the time and it was mostly do to my mood. Generally I like a wide variety of styles of music to the point it confuses alot of people. I'll admit once my PMP playlist included KC and the Sunshine Band, the Bee Gees and Marilyn Manson. Well execpt alot of country music... I like some of it but since the majority of it is tearjerker crying about losing their, women, dogs, jobs, beer, etc, pass it over.

Yeah I think the singer from KsE is really good. As for SOAD though, that band is just.. awful. :p So I agree with you on that one.

Really?

Really? SOAD's debut album was amazing. I know their later stuff has gone downhill but, the first one was awesome. Probably some of the nicest guys in a band Ive ever met as well, Darren (the guitarist) is very down to earth. Actually, all of them are. They don't belong anywhere near this list.

For them to be in the same sentence with Killblow Engage is laughable. THEY are terrible. Sorry brUno, I agree with you on almost all of your metal opinions, but their rape of 'Holy Diver' was just blasphemy. That song by itself lost a lot of respect from the metal community.

...also, you know what they say about opinions.

Edit:^^ Does Vanilla Ice count as a band? I'm thinking 'artist' (term used loosely).

For them to be in the same sentence with Killblow Engage is laughable. THEY are terrible. Sorry brUno, I agree with you on almost all of your metal opinions, but their rape of 'Holy Diver' was just blasphemy. That song by itself lost a lot of respect from the metal community.

LOL. Don't worry mate. :D

I'll throw in my two cents:

Ke$ha - F***ing hell, I just wish Auto-Tune could be outlawed, then this talentless git would have no career at all.

BrokenCYDE - No explanation needed on that one. Hip-hop beats, metalcore screaming, AND Auto-Tuned vocals all in one? GTFO.

Bring Me the Horizon - What's the appeal with this band? I listened to "Chelsea Smile", and it just sounded terrible. I think the problem with them doesn't lie in the music, but in their lead "singer", Oli Sykes, who just sounds annoying as hell.

And when it comes to bands like BMTH, you can also chuck Asking Alexandria, iwrestledabearonce, and Rolo Tomassi into that pile as well. >_<

I'll throw in my two cents:

Ke$ha - F***ing hell, I just wish Auto-Tune could be outlawed, then this talentless git would have no career at all.

BrokenCYDE - No explanation needed on that one. Hip-hop beats, metalcore screaming, AND Auto-Tuned vocals all in one? GTFO.

Bring Me the Horizon - What's the appeal with this band? I listened to "Chelsea Smile", and it just sounded terrible. I think the problem with them doesn't lie in the music, but in their lead "singer", Oli Sykes, who just sounds annoying as hell.

And when it comes to bands like BMTH, you can also chuck Asking Alexandria, iwrestledabearonce, and Rolo Tomassi into that pile as well. >_<

Auto-tune suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckss!

Amen to that!

Auto-tune suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckss!

Amen to that!

Yeah, it's one of the few times when I actually like Jay-Z :p

Personally, I actually wouldn't want to see Auto-Tune completely outlawed, as it can be a good compliment to a talented singer, such as Lady Gaga, and Ellie Goulding. If you're making an electronic song, then it adds to the song without ruining it. But you should definitely be forbidden from relying on Auto-Tune as much as oxygen, i.e. Ke$ha, and Cheryl Cole, just to name a couple.

HOLY ****! NO ONE MENTIONED "SIMPLE PLAN"?!!!!!!!!

Nickelback are geniuses compared to this lame/pathetic/childish/emo/noisy band

And I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but mentioning bands like Muse, U2 and Nirvana just deserves a faceplam

Why do so many people hate on Nickelback? They're pretty good. I don't know who picks the singles for each album though, because they almost always pick the wrong songs. Avoid the great songs, and go with the ones that'll pull in the most money. No wonder they get a bad name sometimes. :p

And why do people have a go at Chad Kroeger for his voice? Does it really matter where you come from? Lostprophets are a Welsh band, and they sound like a typical American band. Same story with U2, and they're Irish. It's not a bad thing.

Besides, the worst band ever would have no good songs at all, so I think you'd be hard-pressed to not find a single Nickelback song you even remotely like. I'm keeping my vote on BrokenCYDE. :p

I'll pretend I didn't see this :whistle:

You know, the deeper I'm digging into Deftones, the less I'm liking them. I prefer their newer stuff, mainly "Diamond Eyes", and "Hole in the Earth". I listened to "My Own Summer (Shove It)", and I agree with what Jamesyfx said.

Chino's droning does my head in. Their music truly gives me a headache mainly because of just how dull and drony it sounds.