"L33T" Counter Strike Tactics

Okay spurred by the the Half life res Post, I was just wondeirng What other leet tactics are there? I sincerly hope this isnt a revieved "dead" post and if it is please close it god.

Here are the "LEET" (is ghey) tacitcs I have heard:

1) Res at 600 or 800

2) Pistol round HE nades - are a must

3) The best Uniform for terrorist is dude with glasses case he blends well with dust maps (What about CT?)

4) Turning off Dynamic Crosshair (How?)

5) Quick Switch (Old...)

Can't think of anymore, its basically all aiming, and listening for footsteps and knowing where people are, any other not so obvious tactics or tips?

*Please close if it is a dead post

use controlled fire with rifles, don't just hold down the mouse, or the recoil will totally throw you off (AK47)... instead, tap the mouse...

camp

Hhaha yes that is a good strategy only if you are T on a hosties map and CT on a plant map.

However if you camp otherwise people will boot you for being an ass

learn to lead someone when shooting them... I see so many people shoot RIGHT behind someone as they run by :no:

Edit: and camp... a lot of people will call it ghey, even I've cursed out a camper, but dammit if it's not good strategy... you stay behind and watch your team's back, or you hide behind a box near the bomb... it's a real life strategy... to guard a location...

learn to lead someone when shooting them... I see so many people shoot RIGHT behind someone as they run by :no:

Edit: and camp... a lot of people will call it ghey, even I've cursed out a camper, but dammit if it's not good strategy... you stay behind and watch your team's back, or you hide behind a box near the bomb... it's a real life strategy... to guard a location...

Word thats true camping, to watch your buddies back, Thats the biggest issue with CT on a plant map is that they always get flanked... Acutally thats the issue always, every rape in CS is from a flank.

Oh and one i just remebered is to pull out knife when running

it's all about instinct. 99% of the stuff people do in CS is totally predictable. you know where people hide, where they will be when they rush forward, where they will be hiding if they are guarding something. so anticipate, shoot them before they see you, it's the easiest way to get kills.

why would u set ur res at 640 or 800? why not higher?

lower resolution actually makes people "Bigger" and therefore makes headshots more viable.

However people think with lower res that you will see less, like edges of screen, which is actulaly just a myth

Try setting to the highest res, you can't see anyitng,

set to lowest res, you can see everything

When awping, jump out and shoot and quickly jump back and switch to a pistol then switch to an awp or scout while jumping out then shoot, then jump back in switching to a pistol at the same time ... ... ... continues . . ..

lower resolution actually makes people "Bigger" and therefore makes headshots more viable.

However people think with lower res that you will see less, like edges of screen, which is actulaly just a myth

Try setting to the highest res, you can't see anyitng,

set to lowest res, you can see everything

i see much better on a higher res than on a small one, for dod i could see someone proned more than with 640x480 it would prob be 1px where on 1280x960 i could see the guy fully proned.

i wouldn't count myself as l337 but i've been playing since somwhere around the end of 1999

I've said it before and i'll say it again........

nothing but the standard config

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

When awping, jump out and shoot and quickly jump back and switch to a pistol then switch to an awp or scout while jumping out then shoot, then jump back in switching to a pistol at the same time ... ... ... continues . . ..

and when you make a script from that it's called plain old cheating

don't die.

Dude, omg! I just tried your tip, and it worked!!! I was getting shot up and i was like, "nah, I don't feel like dying right now" and killed EVERYONE over and over

they all thought I had some god mode hack or something, even after I told them your tip, but they didn't listen :blink:

their loss i guess

LOL @ your tip though. :D hehe

Dude, omg! I just tried your tip, and it worked!!! I was getting shot up and i was like, "nah, I don't feel like dying right now" and killed EVERYONE over and over

they all thought I had some god mode hack or something, even after I told them your tip, but they didn't listen :blink:

their loss i guess

LOL @ your tip though. :D hehe

so that was you? when ever I tried to shoot you, the bullets stopped, turned around and came back!! Thats cheating!!

:p

i got some of wich i use for mohaa obijective: aim just a bit before the man not on the man becouse of th lagg u will hit him better, shoot in bursts think forward like oh i think he is going to sit there so also remember where he was last time and u will find a patern dont camp to close to what u have to protect but be on mid range

go sit where nobody expect to sit there becouse most ppl go sit on some more common places for example on the v2: just 1 room futher then the controle room , instead go sit another room futher it will help pretty much more:)

others u will have to find out ur self

800x600 res is pretty good, it is easier to hit people long distance with rifles I find at that res, depends on your playstyle, here is one of my tips.

with AWP hold your crouch button down while pushing jump behind boxes, you can briefly see over them (they cannot see you) and you can use this to shoot people thru boxes w/out them seeing you (might get you accused of wall hacking but what else is new) you can use this to see above alot of things.

Also, run up any ladder sideways looking straight up, you will SHOOT up the ladder incredibly fast, you can even go through the roof in assault this way, there are alot of secrets in CS, just ask anyone in a top CS clan :p

aight guys ive been playin cs for like 4 years and i know that lower resolutions will notttt make the players bigger! on the other hand lower res will make the environment much more spacious not neccesarily helping someone kill more than someone with high resolution. i know that the players will not get bigger at low resolution, this is a cs myth.