Cheap LED TV?

le600_large.jpg

I was contemplating getting one of Sharp LC32LE600E 32" LED Backlit 1080p to use as a computer monitor and i was wondering if anyone had one of these or knew anyone that did, ive tried searching for information but apart from a few generic reviews there isnt much information on this LED panel.

I'm not too fussed about price its £400 for 32" LED TV with 3 HDMI etc.. I already have a 24" non-LED monitor and it costs £250 for a decent 24" LED monitor and i don't really want to get the same size, if i wasn't to get an LED TV it would be a high quality 32" TV of a similar price so having LED back lit is definitely a plus.

Why do you think LED Backlit (sidelit actually) is a plus ?

LED's are more expensive, so a regular LCD for the same price would have a much better panel. a better panel makes a much bigger difference in quality than LED sidelit backlight.

Generally sharp is a cheaper brand, though they have been getting very good reviews, especially for their LED tv's because they are cheap.So it won't be a bad TV, but unless you have a very specific reason for getting LED, you'll probably get a better picture for the same price with non LED.

Depends on what you want to use it for. For a lot of computer monitor use it has a pretty low resolution for its size, you can easily get 21" monitors with the same resolution.

The reviews I have read say that its actually back lit not side lit.

I'm not a brand ###### so I'm not too fussed about the badge on the front, I was looking at LED for the power saving aspect and deeper more rich colours, from what little information I could find this TV uses about 74W most non-LED sets use nearly double that.

For arguments sake say for example i chose another TV of similar price which in this case would be SONY BRAVIA KDL32V5810 32 inch LCD TV 1080P HD Ready Freeview freesat HD, setting aside the fact that its a Bravia would be much better quality picture than the Sharp with LED backlighting and its own video processing technology?

Depends on what you want to use it for. For a lot of computer monitor use it has a pretty low resolution for its size, you can easily get 21" monitors with the same resolution.

I've already got a 24" 1920x1200 monitor i wanted something a bit bigger and better quality.

The reviews I have read say that its actually back lit not side lit.

I'm not a brand ###### so I'm not too fussed about the badge on the front, I was looking at LED for the power saving aspect and deeper more rich colours, from what little information I could find this TV uses about 74W most non-LED sets use nearly double that.

For arguments sake say for example i chose another TV of similar price which in this case would be SONY BRAVIA KDL32V5810 32 inch LCD TV 1080P HD Ready Freeview freesat HD, setting aside the fact that its a Bravia would be much better quality picture than the Sharp with LED backlighting and its own video processing technology?

I've already got a 24" 1920x1200 monitor i wanted something a bit bigger and better quality.

LED doesn't give better colors or contrast, well you get marginally better contrast due to the colder whites in LED and that it's easier to filter in the panel.

However unless it's specified as a back lit local dimming panel, which it is not. you won't really get better contrasts or colors. for better colors you need RGB back-lit anyway, as far as I know that's only the most high end sony sets that use RGB back lit.

• Like 1

http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/gb/hs.xsl/-/html/product-archive.htm?product=LC32LE600E

It does claim full backlight. BUT it has no local dimming or other features of backlit LED, so basically it's got the same qualities as a sidelit LED only more LED's so more power and thicker screen.

So yeah the Bravia would in all likelyhood give a better picture, and a better overall quality set. The sony also has network and DLNA

• Like 1