sjZAnh.jpg

Preacher author Garth Ennis revealed earlier this week that an adaptation of his lesser known series Crossed is in the works. According to MTV Splash Page, Ennis recently finished writing a second draft of the screenplay but is unsure about his futher involvement in the project.

?We?re at the very, very early days,? said Ennis? of the current status of the film, adding that his involvement beyond writing the screenplay ?remains to be seen.?

Which is understandable, considering Ennis currently has at least two other comic book adaptations in the works, namely the long awaited Preacher adaptation (no longer a possible HBO series, instead a feature film) and the Neil Moritz produced The Boys. Though Ennis isn?t directly involved with either project, he has said in previous interviews that he?s been keeping a close eye on their production.

Regardless, to the return to the topic at hand, having read some of Crossed, I can?t help but wonder how he?ll possibly adapt it without getting a NC-17 rating. Likely the most violent comic I?ve ever seen, the story follows a group of survivors in a post apocalyptic wasteland inhabited with zombie-like people whose only wish is to carry out their most sick and deranged fantasies. Basically, its Dawn of the Dead mixed with Hostel in comic book form.

Despite this potential hurtle, Ennis remains optimistic about the intentions of the production company, Kickstart Productions.

?At the moment, I?m very encouraged by everyone I?ve spoken to at Kickstart ? they get it,? he added. ?They like ?Crossed? for what it is. No one has ever given me the impression they just want an image they can stick on a t-shirt, or a title without a story. They like the characters, they like the villains, and they like the notion of The Crossed. So that?s encouraging. As always, it?s hard to say where it will end up, though.?

While personally, I?m more excited to finally see a finished Preacher adaptation, Crossed is well worth keeping an eye out for; especially if you?re a fan of intense violence and depravity. I?d also recommend checking out the comic, though its not for the weak of heart.

Source

It might get made one day but it's looking like a long way off.

but when it is made its going to be insane :D

BD gave the graphic novel 4/5 :D