Do you miss CRTs?

Do you miss CRTs?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss CRTs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sorta

They're only good for flinging at people who hack in games now. :rofl:

I don't miss them, but I'm not really loosing anything in the transition and I wouldn't have my laptop sitting here in front of me without them.

the only thing i miss from crt's was the 240hz refresh rate i was using right before i switched to LCD's back in 2002 ... boy did that have to suck so much, i couldnt play any games properly with the 15ms response time that lcd's back then had....?

but hopefully with the new lcd tech things will start to get better...but i dont think i've come across anything as ?high as 240hz yet

Yes, there are some nice clear high resolution LCD's, but when you're stuck viewing everything at that max resolution, everything looking smaller, it seems to defeat the purpose.

I find that I like to run 21" crt's at 1280x960, or even 1024x768. Its rather easy on the eyes. From what I've seen, a comparable LCD will not function, or at least not look good doing it, at those desktop sizes.

You must be old or have bad eyes... Having a huge monitor @ highest resolution is awesome. No way will I reduce the resolution to 1024x768. That is just too low.

All I miss is "Degauss" :p

lol i remember pressing the degauss button 10-20 times a day when i was bored. :rofl: :laugh:

I *really* miss CRTs, much better picture and response rate!

The advantages of using a TFT heavily outweigh the pros of a CRT though, weight, heat, etc... :(

I *really* miss CRTs, much better picture and response rate!

The advantages of using a TFT heavily outweigh the pros of a CRT though, weight, heat, etc... :(

Cost? You buy a top quality CRT for less then a mediocre TFT.

I still have a couple that I use for semi-pro photography work. I've never seen an LCD that could match the performance of a CRT. For everything else I use LCD monitors.

I can't say that I do.

I used a CRT for a while, but since I got my first LCD I haven't looked back. I've been forced to use CRTs in school on occasion and I don't find them to be any better as far as color, contrast, or anything else goes.