KoRn III: Remember Who You Are

KoRn is back with their latest upcoming album called "KoRn III: Remember Who You Are"

Sjonah.jpg

Roadrunner Records has released the Korn III: Remember Who You Are tracklisting!

1. Oildale (Leave Me Alone)

2. Pop A Pill

3. Fear Is A Place To Live

4. Move On

5. Lead The Parade

6. Let The Guilt Go

7. The Past

8. Never Around

9. Are You Ready To Live?

10. Holding All These Lies

The Single called Oildale is most likely to be played on the Radio starting May 3 and is rumor to be released May 18. Album to be released July 13.

5rw9x.jpg

This is the only Song released and its not finished yet. "Are you ready to live - My time"

I've been a long time KoRn fan I believe this is the album we all been waiting for. :woot:

I've been a long time Korn fan (still am), but I fear, judging from the leaked song and the songtitles, this will be too forced. Album title is also really, really lame, but I guess that's Ross Robinson's fault.

Yeah, TALITM sounded overproduced for a back to roots album. I just hope the songs are good this time, I don't care about the process of making them.

P.S. Ross Robinson tweeted this. It's most likely Korn:

• 1 month later...

Oh, KoЯn are in the news again. Tracks I found sound good, but not much of a change... Not as strong as 'Follow the leader', but at least not so crappy as 'Untouchables'.

These guys are way past their prime. Also kind of bothers me that Jon seems to have nothing but **** to say about their 2 former members, at least that's how it sounded to me.

He mentioned their new drummer being just as good or something to that effect... and maybe he is, but it sure doesn't sound like it in any of their songs. What the hell happened? The drums in their old songs even up to Issues actually pushed me to get into playing the drums. Great beats that are just fun to play, sound great, and feel great when channeling anger out. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHPz3DhqeEI

30 second samples. I'd best describe it as Untouchables produced by Ross Robinson. Unfortunately, that sounds awesome in theory, but I'm not really digging them. Jon sounds like he's 15 again (Are you ready to live, Fear is a place to die...). I hope when I hear the full thing I change my mind, but so far I'm not impressed.

Also, Oildale, HQ & uncensored

• 4 weeks later...

Well, since the CD's been available for stream for two days, and you can already buy it in some stores in Japan and Australia, I hereby declare the thread open for discussion on the new album.

Personally, as a fan of the first album (and Untouchables) I must say I was wrong about my first predictions, the album is absolutely great, great riffs, brilliant drumming (it's really sad to say, but Ray absolutely dominates and I don't think that I'd even want David to return), it feels very organic, production isn't killing it like the last few albums, it takes time to sink in, probably because they didn't even try going the pop route with this one, like they did on SYOTOS and untitled, but once it does, it's really good. Just plain and simple Korn. The best way I'd describe it is that's it's a bridge between the first two albums and Untouchables.

Anyone else listened to it yet?

I listened to it and was quite disappointed. At this point in their career, they desperately need Head to return and help them write. Munky just isn't very creative anymore (although he tries) and Jonathan Davis isn't good enough on guitar to make catchy riffs.

New trailer for the show in the crop circle (Korn Live: The Encounter) is out. I've read they'll be playing six new songs along with old stuff:

And it seems it will be available to watch on Myspace the day after it airs on TV (airs on Sunday, hits Myspace on Monday).

@Unrealistic: I think Munky did fairly well concerning lack of Head, take a listen of Trapped Underneath the Stairs and People Pleaser (bonus tracks), they really sound like they've come off Life is Peachy or selftitled. But it does make me wonder how it would all sound if Head came back (and I'm pretty sure he'll come back one day).

Anyway, I'm loving the album. Something I haven't been able to say in a while when it comes to Korn (without forcing myself and hyping myself which was the case with the last two-three efforts they've put out).

I've always recognized Jonathon Davis for his voice, but that live concert was very weak. Granted, I only got to hear a few songs out of it on cable, but he didn't sound as good which really caught me by surprise. That said, this album is easily forgettable. Hell, I'd be surprised if they released anything memorable anymore for that matter.

Either way, I'll still jam out to their old stuff on those rough days. Still have my ragdoll from back in the day lol.

For those who haven't seen it:

Korn Live: The Encounter (aka the crop circle show) 1 h 19 min long :)

@dead.cell:

To each his own I guess, but I really find the last two albums to fail in comparison, if nothing esle, when it comes to riffs and drums (especially drums, even SYOTOS with David on it sounded like it was played by a computer program instead of him).

Even the lyrical content is more "Korn". Sure, it might be forced, sure, Jonathan is a bit old to act like a crybaby, but who really cares? As one guy said, it's really doubtful there was anything "real" with Korn to begin with, even the infamous crying on Daddy, but that doesn't matter, because Korn shouldn't be real... They should be Korn. And this is the most Korn they've sounded since Take a Look in the Mirror or maybe even earlier.

The only "problem" I have with them now is that they seemed to have lost their touch when it comes to "appealing" music. They either have to hire pop producers like they did on last two albums (and leave us with horrible, horrible songs like Love & Luxury), or they have almost no catchy songs on the album (which is the case with this one, but I don't mind it a bit).

As for the crop circle show, besides the usual difference between studio and live recordings, I think they sounded great, just listen to Falling Away From Me and Jon growling :D

I grew up with these guys. I still love his voice but the music is meh.

I'm the same. I grew up with KoRn. I fell in love with their first and second album. When the third one came out (Follow the Leader I believe), I felt betrayed. I felt like they threw up their middle finger to their core audience. But the core audience they had for their first two albums are no longer their core audience. I have gone on to bigger and better music. I do still give them credit as I wouldn't be listening to the brutal death metal I listen to know if it wasn't for KoRn and for that I thank them. As for their new music and claiming it's from their "roots", I'd have to disagree. It's way over produced and sounds nothing like what they started with. I wish the best of luck to them but I feel their prime is over. Just my opinion.

^ That's fair, I know a lot of people move from Korn to "real" metal and all, but one thing though, "overproduced"? Really? The production on this album is pure crap (just like the first ones :p).

Anybody know what's up with the 14.99 AND 14.00 special edition in the iTunes store

Searched google with about every keyword i can think of to try and find a reason