Haven (Syfy)

post-15395-12723170229845.jpg

SYFY?S HAVEN BEGINS PRODUCTION IN HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA

New Drama Series Slated to Premiere July 9, 2010 @ 10pm

New York, NY ? April 26, 2010 ? Syfy?s all-new one-hour drama series Haven, starring Emily Rose (Jericho, Brothers and Sisters), commenced production on April 20 in Halifax, Nova Scotia and its surrounding area. Based on the novella The Colorado Kid from author renowned Stephen King, the series follows the shrewd and confident FBI agent Audrey Parker (Rose) with a lost past who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine on a routine case. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a longtime refuge for people that are affected by a range of supernatural afflictions.

As the townspeople?s dormant abilities begin to express themselves, Audrey helps keep these forces at bay while discovering the many secrets of Haven ? including one surrounding her own surprising connections to this extraordinary place. Among the citizens who cross Audrey?s path along the way are local cop Nathan Wuornos (Lucas Bryant), who eventually becomes Audrey?s partner, and the mysterious and charming Duke Crocker (Eric Balfour).

Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Heroes, Pushing Daisies) will direct the pilot.

Haven, from E1 Entertainment in association with Pillar, Segan and Shepherd, will be the first property to be produced for Syfy in the US and Universal Networks International?s pay TV channels around the globe (excluding Canada and Scandinavia). The series has been co-commissioned by Syfy and Universal Networks International with Canwest Broadcasting (Canada), with Showcase serving as the Canadian broadcaster. International distribution is handled by E1. Haven will launch internationally in October 2010.

The impressive creative team behind Haven includes showrunner Scott Shepherd (Tru Calling, The Dead Zone) who is joined by E1 Entertainment?s John Morayniss (Hung, Copper) Noreen Halpern (Hung, Copper), Laszlo Barna (The Bridge) and Michael Rosenberg (Hung, The Riches) as well as his partners, Executive Producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller (The Dead Zone, Wildfire, Greek). The pilot is written by Sam Ernst (The Dead Zone) and Jim Dunn (The Dead Zone) who will also serve as executive producers on the series.

(TV By the Numbers)

• 3 weeks later...

So it's Eureka reimagined into a suernatural show. that's what the trailers seem like anyway.

And what does this mean anyway

produced for Syfy in the US and Universal Networks International?s pay TV channels around the globe (excluding Canada and Scandinavia).

Neither Syfy or Universal has an pay tv channels in scandinavia.so how can it be excluded from them...

I would figure that means it will be on a different network in those countries.

Going to watch this only because I like in a city with Haven in the name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I won't speak for everyone but there's a massive mystery there and I like the idea, based off a King novella as well so its going to be epic :D

I watched the pilot and thought it was a little disappointing to be honest. I'll keep watching thou, since there is F-ALL else to watch, this is definitely the best of the bad bunch.

good second episode (Y)

the show is quite quirky!

How in the hell do you have all this time to watch like 90% of all TV shows and movies that come out? I can barely watch two series at once. WTF man? How do you do it!?

How in the hell do you have all this time to watch like 90% of all TV shows and movies that come out? I can barely watch two series at once. WTF man? How do you do it!?

Other than True Blood and this what the hell else is on at the moment?

Anyway, another good Episode i though, i will be sticking with this one.

being unemployed kinda helps :p

I have about 12 shows I watch each week :p