Likes & Dislikes of windows 7?

dude,

post your likes and dislikes of win 7.

my choice,

likes: more faster comparing with vista, more stylish, background security and more.

only dislikes for me, compatibility issues for some old games.

There isn't much for me to dislike. It is a good OS that does a good job of getting out of my way and letting me work. It manages resources well so my stuff runs quickly and I can focus less on it and more on other stuff.

The only thing I dislike so far is the nasty thrashing of my HDD when I unload huge VMs (allocated to about 6GB Of RAM) to disk. I'm not sure what it is bothering them as the drive isn't indexed in any manner and 4GB VM Memory files should be too large for superfetch, but who knows.

my only dislike is the desktop icons bug where at random they will move as sometimes my desktop is almost filed with icons and i like to put them where i want so i can find em faster but if they move i gotta do all that work again then again then again.

My only dislike: http://arstechnica.c...fe-failures.ars

I think I was hit by this ):

Here's your answer for that:

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2010/02/08/windows-7-battery-notification-messages.aspx

Long story short, there is no problem with Windows. It's just reporting what the battery is telling it (new feature in Windows).

I dislike how it has no support for AGP cards :p damn my old system and damn windows for giving up on it! lol

Yes, it does have support. I was using an AGP ATI 3600 with Windows 7 before I built a new computer.

Only thing I dislike is the icon corruption bug.

I missed the black toolbar of Vista but I satisfied that desire by applying a VS. I also don't like the boxy superbar. I like the Superbar just not the square-ness of it. Had it been a little curvy (they say men instinctively love curves more) I would not complain. Other than that, Windows 7 is pretty solid. Love it a lot.

The only thing I dislike is not having multiple desktops (such as kde and gnome have had for ever) but it's a pretty minor thing. Windows 7 is the first Microsoft OS I've actually been happy with. Kudos Microsoft.

I think people should stop talking about vista. vista was trash. Just like ME was trash.

I have been using 7 Ultimate ever since it came out. I like it. there are some things that bug me but i have gotten used to them.

Why is the show desktop button all the way on the right. I used the show desktop button so much in XP it is not even funny.

I think it should still be by the start button.

There some other issues but i just can't think of them right now. I have 11 computers in my house. 3 have windows 7 on them. there are many times that i find my self doing something on an XP machine just because i can do it faster and it works better.

Like i said i can't think of any right now. I have book marked this thread so the next time i find my self going back to XP for some reason i will post it here.

I dislike how you have to go to several clicks to get to NIC properties.

I liked XP, you just righ click on Network Neighbourhood or on the Link icon in the bottom right taskbar and click properties, BANG, you are there and can easily change IP address etc.

I can't think of any dislikes. Windows 7 is a solid OS with improvements in all aspects compared to Vista and XP.

On a day-to-day basis - I love 7. For common tasks, it's streamlined a lot.

But that comes at a cost... If you want to do more than the "common user" I could suggest that maybe it's added the clicks required to perform tasks.

One item that springs to mind is that I often connect to an external monitor (extended desktop) to present a PPT on the second display. This certainly requires more clicks than before.

But on a day-to-day basis, love it. More intuitive than XP, seemingly faster than Vista, and as rock-solid as OSX ;)

The icon bug is a pain sometimes, plus what`s with it when they all suddenly go white and flash for a second when installing something. Something to do with the icon cache db?

Don`t like the Network superbar icon but that`s been done to death :whistle:

Plus they still haven`t sorted the bug with the start menu when you have >10 Links (not a biggy though).

OK so now i have a few. I keep having troubles with burning discs on my windows 7 machine and i have to do them on my daughters XP machine. The same files in the same manner with the same burning app. and they are both using the same type of burners.

I use an Ion turntable to make albums on to CD the software works with bot windows 7 and with XP. but every time i have better luck with the XP machine.

There's lots of things I like about Windows 7, so I'll just list some of my dislikes.

• Explorer needs tabs!!! Combined taskbar buttons just isn't sufficient when working with several folders.
  • Status Pane needs to always show file size. At the very least, give us a registry tweak. (For those that don't know, Classic Shell fixes this for the status bar)
  • UAC screen flicker.
  • UAC needs a "Remember this Program" checkbox or something similar.
  • Alt+Tab. I use VistaSwitcher instead because I can see window titles, and not just thumbnails.
  • The folder dialog needs improvement. No favorites. No recent folders. No search function. Can't select multiple folders. Sometimes, there's no New Folder button. I think they should just merge the file and folder dialogs into one, so we get the features of both.

There's lots of things I like about Windows 7, so I'll just list some of my dislikes.

• Explorer needs tabs!!! Combined taskbar buttons just isn't sufficient when working with several folders.
  • Status Pane needs to always show file size. At the very least, give us a registry tweak. (For those that don't know, Classic Shell fixes this for the status bar)
  • UAC screen flicker.
  • UAC needs a "Remember this Program" checkbox or something similar.
  • Alt+Tab. I use VistaSwitcher instead because I can see window titles, and not just thumbnails.
  • The folder dialog needs improvement. No favorites. No recent folders. No search function. Can't select multiple folders. Sometimes, there's no New Folder button. I think they should just merge the file and folder dialogs into one, so we get the features of both.

+1 For alt+tab

If I select multiple files, like tiff images or psd files, the context menu does not show "open with photoshop" :/

One item that springs to mind is that I often connect to an external monitor (extended desktop) to present a PPT on the second display. This certainly requires more clicks than before.

Win-P, then one click. Far faster than before.

I dislike the superbar at it's default - it seems counter productive. Never combine seems FAR better to me, or combine only when full - but not always combine. It just makes quick window switching slower than it should be.