Apple Announces WWDC 2010 Dates: June 7-11

301 members have voted

1. 1. What will see at WWDC 2010 besides iPhone Updates?

• Upgraded Mac hardware (Mac Pro, Mac Mini)
    • Mac OS X 10.7
    • New versions of iLife/iWork
    • Safari 5
    • iTunes 10
    • Next iteration of iPad
    • Updated Apple TV
    • Cloud computing
    • Updated Apple Cinema Displays
    • One more thing (specify in this thread)

Only 256 MB of RAM for the new iPhone. That's behind the times. Next year I see them increasing that to 512 if they don't do it for the new ipods in a few months.

I like the iPhone Bumbers.

bumper-hero-20100607.jpg

Those are nice :)

Does anyone know if there's any videos up yet of the keynote as I missed the live feeds :(

It was about what I expected really, iphone this and iphone that. Nothing about 10.7 or Safari 5.0 (though they released the latter) or anything else.

I'm starting to worry they're focusing too much on mobile products. A whole WWDC keynote dedicated to the iphone? great.. the next big steve-note is for the new ipod later in the year, speaks volumes about their progress with 10.7. The iPhone 4 is nice and all that, but until we get an LTE device I'll stick with the 3GS.

I'm hoping for some better news to come out during WWDC about their other platforms.

It was about what I expected really, iphone this and iphone that. Nothing about 10.7 or Safari 5.0 (though they released the latter) or anything else.

I'm starting to worry they're focusing too much on mobile products. A whole WWDC keynote dedicated to the iphone? great.. the next big steve-note is for the new ipod later in the year, speaks volumes about their progress with 10.7. The iPhone 4 is nice and all that, but until we get an LTE device I'll stick with the 3GS.

I'm hoping for some better news to come out during WWDC about their other platforms.

Well, following their recent cycles, next year will be the year to talk about 10.7. 10.6 hasn't even been out for a year.

iPhone OS is currently their biggest development platform, and they want to keep their biggest group of developers happy.

I was hoping for more talk about OS X or other updates outside of the iPhone. I like you, have a feeling they're slowly killing off the Mac all together and pushing more in the mobile field. With iPad doing so well I wouldn't doubt it. It's sad because I've only been a Mac user for 6 months.. :laugh:

Hopefully tomorrow will be filled with more than iPhone talk..

I was hoping for more talk about OS X or other updates outside of the iPhone. I like you, have a feeling they're slowly killing off the Mac all together and pushing more in the mobile field. With iPad doing so well I wouldn't doubt it. It's sad because I've only been a Mac user for 6 months.. :laugh:

Hopefully tomorrow will be filled with more than iPhone talk..

Why would they kill off the Mac when its making them money? They would shoot themselves in the foot if they did that.

Why would they kill off the Mac when its making them money? They would shoot themselves in the foot if they did that.

I didn't mean kill it off completely, but where's the development of OS X or even good hardware in Macbooks? They still have C2D in them. You can go to Walmart and buy a Dell laptop for $400 and it runs an i3. Just saying.

I didn't mean kill it off completely, but where's the development of OS X or even good hardware in Macbooks? They still have C2D in them. You can go to Walmart and buy a Dell laptop for $400 and it runs an i3. Just saying.

There is a shortage of the Intel Core i3 processors, so they could not put it in the latest revisions.

http://www.slashgear.com/intel-core-i3-i5-i7-notebook-cpus-in-short-supply-1878111/

I'm not trying to be a downer or hate on Apple. I think they're a good company. But Dahr said they seem to be moving away from Mac. But like you said, they make money so they won't kill it but they sure have focused more resources on iPhone/Mobile devices. It'll be interesting to see what they have tomorrow and the ret of the WWDC.

Apple is undoubtedly working on 10.7 as we speak. But, as they might have discovered with Snow Leopard, there comes a point in time where you really need to focus on improving what you already have rather than adding new features. And it's new features that demand keynote time. Apple will not have a keynote all about rather mundane improvements in 10.7.

Frankly, though, while the next operating system release is always good, how much of Snow Leopard has even been taken advantage of yet? Remember Grand Central Dispatch? How many applications are out there right now that make use of it? I just don't feel a 10.7 is absolutely necessary yet when Mac OS X is still far ahead of most hardware improvements.

Quick thought went through my head there.. I wonder if the camera app will let you switch cameras like facetime will eg for self pictures

Quick thought went through my head there.. I wonder if the camera app will let you switch cameras like facetime will eg for self pictures

Like the Samsung where you have a screen in front to see if you're taking a picture of yourself?

Like:

samsung-front-facing-lcd-camera.jpg

Like the Samsung where you have a screen in front to see if you're taking a picture of yourself?

Like:

samsung-front-facing-lcd-camera.jpg

Yeah exactly like that :) I know it'd be restricted to 640x480 images but would be much easier than turning the phone round and guessing where to press on the screen like I've tried on many drunken nights out :laugh:

Also could put an end to those "mirror shots" everyone does :rofl:

Haha, yea. Whatever happend to the days of using a little "chrome" plate on the back of the phone to help take pictures of yourself.. :shiftyninja:

Haha, yea. Whatever happend to the days of using a little "chrome" plate on the back of the phone to help take pictures of yourself.. :shiftyninja:

:laugh: I remember having to do that with my old Samsung D500. Trying to see yourself in a tiny little reflective bit of plastic wasn't fun xD

Hopefully with iOS4 there comes some new sweet apps or at least some interesting things to do with all the features. The front facing camera would be cool to flip it like you said.

What else is expected to be talke about in the next few days? I've heard of a Mac Pro update? Other than that I haven't heard much else outside of OS 4 and iPhone 4.

My old Sony Ericsson had that.

Yep. There's an icon in the upper right:

iphone4main.jpg

Question. What is that? Sensors?

I think that those are the proximity and ambient light sensors. On the black version they're pretty much invisible, it seems strange that they wouldn't hide them better on the white version.

gallery03-20100607.jpg