• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Announces WWDC 2010 Dates: June 7-11

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+John.    1,395

iLife/iWork refreshes.

iPhone update (duh)

MobileMe becoming free

Wishlist:

OS X 10.7, although this'll probably be later on this year/WWDC 2011

+Frank B.    7,151

Do want. If the list of improvements for Safari 5 turns out to be true the upgrade will be a no-brainer. Hell, it might even make Safari a viable option on Windows.

matthewmarley    0

I think we will defo see itunes.com (cloud) since lala got closed down last week... :)

Sikh    192

Dont know how you forgot the option of "iPhone 4G/Next Gen" but yes, thats my "Other one" option.

There will be no doubt a mention and release of this. Its the biggest thing people are waiting for imo.

DrCheese    103

I think we'll see the first builds of iPhone OS 4.0 on the iPad, with maybe some exclusive iPad only features.

Ibutsu    0

Really can't wait for this. MobileMe being free and the cloud iTunes both seem pretty viable, as does the new Safari. Fingers crossed it'll be good on Windows too.

torrentthief    313

Wonder if the iphone will be announced on the 7th or will we have to wait until the 11th for that announcement, i'm betting on the 7th.

Stetson    180

Wonder if the iphone will be announced on the 7th or will we have to wait until the 11th for that announcement, i'm betting on the 7th.

Obviously during the keynote on the 7th. If Apple doesn't announce a new iPhone during the same keynote they've used to announce new iPhones for the past two years, their stock will take a serious hit.

emzino    2

MobileMe becoming free?! That'll be the day.

episode    626

MobileMe becoming free.

I can see this happening. Need to compete with Google's offerings.

I think we'll see the first builds of iPhone OS 4.0 on the iPad, with maybe some exclusive iPad only features.

I bet the only mentions of the iPad are apps and sales numbers.

Nothing with new features. They'll save that for the update which will come at the iPod Touch updates which is September.

MobileMe becoming free?! That'll be the day.

Like I said, Google offers most of the features of MM, and for free. They have other features that MM doesn't have, as well, and are also free.

Stetson    180

I think there will be some Mac hardware updates (Mac Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, Cinema Display), although these could just be silent updates on their website.

They will probably announce and demo Safari 5.

They will for sure demo more of OS 4.0 and bring a few developers up on stage to show off apps. Maybe announce a couple of new features, like WiFi Hotspot functionality. Maybe announce tighter integration with Mobile Me and announce free basic Mobile Me accounts (full accounts will still cost).

Then the new iPhone, probably just like we've seen but probably some hardware specs we don't know about. Probably a demo of iPhone 4 specific OS 4.0 features, like iChat.

Maybe one more thing: iPad being released on Sprint and Verizon later this summer. I doubt that the iPhone will move to a new carrier until at least the fall, if not next year when Sprint and Verizon have more 4G networks up and running.

Tech Star    254

Dont know how you forgot the option of "iPhone 4G/Next Gen" but yes, thats my "Other one" option.

There will be no doubt a mention and release of this. Its the biggest thing people are waiting for imo.

If you read the poll it says "What will see at WWDC 2010 besides iPhone Updates?".

Sikh    192

If you read the poll it says "What will see at WWDC 2010 besides iPhone Updates?".

Oh wow.. Didnt see the poll title, just topic title.

Good call man.

OP: Nvm, im blind XD

Xerxes    228

The new iPhone and release date for iPhone OS 4.0 are a given. I'm guessing we might hear something on OS X 10.7 and anything else I can't even speculate, will be interesting none the less to find out what comes of this :)

Wanderermy    37

Any info on the iTouch 4G?

Will it look like the new iPhone 4G or just the same as iTouch 3G with a camera?

Nightwind Hawk    72

I would like to see iTunes 10 which hopefully will be decent on Windows. It's a great player, I love it - but it makes me so angry sometimes! Slow and buggy.

Stetson    180

I would like to see iTunes 10 which hopefully will be decent on Windows. It's a great player, I love it - but it makes me so angry sometimes! Slow and buggy.

Nah, this is a developer conference. XCode and Safari updates are possible, but big iTunes stuff usually comes during their September event. That's when they refresh the iPod line and announce major new iTunes features.

Rudy    457

I really hope we'll see 10.7 but I highly doubt it

Sub_Zero_Alchemist    29

Interesting (hardware acceleration in Safari 5.0?! :o) - http://www.tuaw.com/...leased-at-wwdc/

That's going to be very interesting to see in action, gotta give safari 5 a spin once it comes out monday.

Quillz    1,011

That's going to be very interesting to see in action, gotta give safari 5 a spin once it comes out monday.

It seems strange Safari 5 would be released about a year after Safari 4 with no beta period whatsoever. Safari 4 had a rather extensive beta that was available for the public, yet it seems like Safari 5 won't, which is odd. Unless Apple typically just releases new versions of Safari on a whim and the beta was unusual.

Sub_Zero_Alchemist    29

It seems strange Safari 5 would be released about a year after Safari 4 with no beta period whatsoever. Safari 4 had a rather extensive beta that was available for the public, yet it seems like Safari 5 won't, which is odd. Unless Apple typically just releases new versions of Safari on a whim and the beta was unusual.

It does seem strange. but I still think safari 5 will still have a beta line at least a couple of betas [Extensive Ones] before going final, Apple would be crazy if their going to do a straight up final release SF 5 on Monday. mostly likely safari 5 will be a beta release for the public and not a final release.

RoomKid    15

Safari 5? What could they possibillly improve? Safari 4 is already too good. I'm just waiting for iPhone 4

lemonbear    10

Any info on the iTouch 4G?

Will it look like the new iPhone 4G or just the same as iTouch 3G with a camera?

It's not called 'iTouch' it's called the ipod TOUCH.

Quillz    1,011

Safari 5? What could they possibillly improve? Safari 4 is already too good. I'm just waiting for iPhone 4

There's no such thing as software that is too good.

Anyway, read this. Sounds like most of the stuff being added to Safari 5 are things already in other browsers, like private browsing and Apple's take on the "awesome bar."

Wanderermy    37

It's not called 'iTouch' it's called the ipod TOUCH.

No, it actually "iPod touch". I like to call it "iTouch" .... your point?