Why don't some people like ordering online?

iamwhoiam    69

Then you have to be home. Combine this with the fact that you aren't sure what day they will actually deliver then you need to be prepared to be home for a few days.

No, I don't have to be home. If someone at my address has to sign for the package(s), and no one is there to sign, I'm left a note that the shipment was undeliverable and they will try delivery the next day, or I can come and pick it up. That keeps anyone from seeing the delivery and swiping it off the step/porch.

Fred Derf    217

No, I don't have to be home. If someone at my address has to sign for the package(s), and no one is there to sign, I'm left a note that the shipment was undeliverable and they will try delivery the next day, or I can come and pick it up. That keeps anyone from seeing the delivery and swiping it off the step/porch.

I'd rather walk to the store. You usually get three delivery attempts and then who knows what after that. By the third day I'm afraid to go to the basement for fear that I won't hear the bell.

DaDude    83

I'd rather walk to the store. You usually get three delivery attempts and then who knows what after that. By the third day I'm afraid to go to the basement for fear that I won't hear the bell.

I think most of us would prefer to go to the store and get it right away, especially if the store is close by. The problem is, B&M stores have gotten significantly more expensive these days and online retailers have gotten significantly cheaper.

SyntaxError    26

I order online and love it. I get prices that are much cheaper than a brick&mortar store, plus a much larger selection, plus free shipping most of the time. I can comparison shop and read reviews all without leaving the house.

I use my Visa CheckCard, which has all the same protections as a Visa credit card. I've never once had a problem with ID theft. I'm careful about what sites I do business with as well.

Also, I never let an online store keep my card info. Not even Amazon, Newegg, or Buy.com. That way if they do get hacked, my info is safe.

acnpt    39

I even order my groceries online:rofl:....

• 3 weeks later...
medium_pimpin    202

I do most of my shopping online. newegg and amazon and ebay.