How to Destroy Angels - Trent Reznor's new band

htda.jpg

Don't know if anyone else is interested in this but Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails) and his wife Mariqueen Maandig are heavily rumoured to be How to Destroy Angels (with Pitchfork confirming it). They've announced a six-track self-titled EP for this summer and they've posted a 40-second preview clip on their website.

http://howtodestroyangels.com/

What's the point in calling this another band (not like band members matter anyway)? and sample sounds like something off of Ghosts.

I love how he obviously had to mark where she should press her finger to the tape.

Hahaha :evil: Exactly why I don't see the point in marketing this as a new band. It's a new Trent Reznor project, and that's basically Nine Inch Nails.

New preview is up :) looks like they've got Atticus Ross on board. I prefer this one to the first clip personally.

Direct link:

What's the point in calling this another band (not like band members matter anyway)? and sample sounds like something off of Ghosts.

Yeah, the photography is looking pretty similar to Ghosts as well, and the header photo looks like The Slip cover...

I love how he obviously had to mark where she should press her finger to the tape.

Are you aware that Mariqueen is a musician herself, right?

It's pretty common to see artists make off-shoot bands like this. It doesn't directly cater to NIN's image or target market audience (but overlaps) so if they do it under a different name then people know it's separate and can't say "NIN's going down hill recently. They're getting way too wierd and experimental!" and won't expect to see the experimental stuff at a NIN gig (like people did with Ghosts).

Also, it's a different group.

Anyway, this look pretty interesting. I wonder if he'll release his music in a similar manner to Ghosts...

Infact I feel like giving Ghosts a listen through again as it's been a while :)

Are you aware that Mariqueen is a musician herself, right?

Regardless of whose fingers they are, you can plainly see the markings of where to put your fingers

Regardless of whose fingers they are, you can plainly see the markings of where to put your fingers

That is why that white paper band is in there. Musicians just dont learn those things by memory and its useful for studio recordings.

About the song, I really liked it. Its like a mix of early Massive Attack and NIN. I love Mariqueen's voice.

The members are currently holding a Facebook Q&A session which you can take part in here:

http://bit.ly/a1a3z0

Answers are being archived here:

http://bit.ly/cG61oz

Key points so far:

• The EP will have a physical release
  • There will be a full album in 2011, maybe with a tour
  • The band members are Trent, Mariqueen and Atticus
  • Should sound less like NIN as the project matures, "HTDA frees me from some of the constraints I've begun to feel (primarily emotionally) in NIN"
  • Nine Inch Nails is not dead, new material coming very soon, "will be quite different than previous NIN"