Can't connect to 192.168.1.1 on a router

Do you have software for the router ?

Yes, tried it and it can connect to the router it seems but it cannot configure it.

I guess Ill just call my ISP and have them send ANOTHER one.

This may sound crazy but disconnect the router from the web if connected- then disable any firewall or antivirus - then try it- also -- some are very finicky to any browser but IE ( not used your model but have seen it on a few that for example would take forever using firefox to connect)

This may sound crazy but disconnect the router from the web if connected- then disable any firewall or antivirus - then try it- also -- some are very finicky to any browser but IE ( not used your model but have seen it on a few that for example would take forever using firefox to connect)

The new router was never connected. I also tried it connected and it still did not work. Ive tried both IE and Firefox.

Nothing :(

I don't want to sound like captain obvious but...

1) Make sure the computer is plugged on port 1-4 and the modem to the WAN/Internet port.

2) Reset your router by keeping your finger on the reset button for at least 10 seconds.

3) Try it with another PC, try to connect wirelessly/wired.

4) Try safe mode with networking (F8 at boot)

5) Do "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" in the CMD prompt

The new router was never connected. I also tried it connected and it still did not work. Ive tried both IE and Firefox.

Nothing :(

Did you try disabling firewalls and antivirus?

also as a side note- change your cable that connects the computer to the router- it is possible that you have a crossover cable instead of the normal cat-5 (or cat-6). Or quite possible a loose wire (I have seen stranger)

Turn off the router (or unplug it) for 10 seconds and then power it back up. I've had a similar problem even with my Linksys and that always seems to work. When you attempt to go to 192.168.1.1, is the page just blank or does it say it can't find it?

• 2 months later...