What is the highest level of video playback combo?

Alladaskill17    181

Maybe a nub question. But I was curious, as I will soon be in the market for TVs, BluRay etc. I have VERY little knowledge?!?

Is it like.. an HDTV 1080p + HDMI + BluRay? or.. what is the best / highest quality:

- TV type

- Cable type

- Player / format type

accepting any info, and recommendations.

Thanks in advance Neowin!

jerzdawg    338

TV type is debatable - LED, LCD or Plasma, or even DLP - best thing to do is check out in stores - me personally believe that a high quality brand plasma offers the best picture

Cable type - HDMI

Player/Format type - Blu-ray - these are also a matter of opinion - some say 1080p is 1080p. There are high end players like Oppo and Denon that cost $500 or there is Insignia player for $150... best to check it out and purchase within your budget.

But yes.. best picture quality is

HDTV + Bluray + HDMI cable

sask    0

Yeah I guess as consumer products go at the moment, the latest and greatest is probably 1080p LED TV (120Hz) with a Bluray player hooked up with an HDMI cable. 3D TV's are also coming on board but not really worth considering at this point.

Alladaskill17    181

Thanks guys! Just wanted to be sure, budget aside, that HDTV + BluRay + HDMI was the best consumer combo possible. Glad to know I'm not that far out of the loop. As far as 3D, ill wait a while - I have no interest considering the lack of media taking advantage of the relatively new technology. Though - Avatar with the previously stated combo + 3D would be awesome!