Meet Firefox 4.0.1

flash 10.2 rc is out now, lets hope it reduces the flash issues with beta 8.

heck, currently flash crashes for me on every second page load... it's not funny anymore!

Glassed Silver:mac

So where can we find a list of bugs that need to be fixed for beta 10?

These are the remaining bugs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=blocking2.0:betaN+

It was only linked a few posts ago. Nothing appears to be marked as specifically a beta10 blocker as far as I can tell.

Looks like they are still going to hold the final UI changes until the last build.

Such as?

(And of course the final changes are in the last build)

Testing the latest nightly build.

Looks like they are still going to hold the final UI changes until the last build.

I was wondering where those final UI changes were at. When you say last built, do you mean BETA 10 or the final RC?

So when are app tabs going to remain throughout sessions? I read something about them not being globally persistent for Firefox 4. I guess that means wait for Firefox 4.5? And about pinning sites to the taskbar like IE9 and Chrome, is that being looked at?

So when are app tabs going to remain throughout sessions? I read something about them not being globally persistent for Firefox 4. I guess that means wait for Firefox 4.5? And about pinning sites to the taskbar like IE9 and Chrome, is that being looked at?

chrome can pin sites on the taskbar like ie9?

chrome can pin sites on the taskbar like ie9?

I get the feeling you already know what I'm referring to, but I might have put it in a way that was easy to misunderstand.

It doesn't have the same functionality as the IE9 feature where you can get jumplists and such, but yeah, you could create "apps" of websites, and pin the shortcuts to the taskbar. Then using that shortcut, it opens a special chrome-less (No address bar, etc.) window that's basically the site. It's been there since Chrome was released.

App tabs have been persistent for quiet some time now. I think that was fixed like back around beta 4 or so? However pinning a tab in one window doesn't pin it in other windows if that's what you mean.

I haven't heard anything about pinning sites to the taskbar, myself. Not much effort was put into app tabs for 4.0 so it could be a while before we're able to pin sites, IMO.

App tabs have been persistent for quiet some time now. I think that was fixed like back around beta 4 or so? However pinning a tab in one window doesn't pin it in other windows if that's what you mean.

I haven't heard anything about pinning sites to the taskbar, myself. Not much effort was put into app tabs for 4.0 so it could be a while before we're able to pin sites, IMO.

Thanks for the answer on the taskbar pinning.

Yes, I mean between windows. I kind of figured app tabs were going to be this "Everywhere all the time, every time." sort of deal. Is it eventually going to be between windows too?

Is it me or did the close buttons appear back in the latest nightly? Could have sworn it wasn't there yesterday?

post-2-0-57571600-1294839284.png

I mean when the tabs aren't selected, Good move (Y)

I didn't notice them going away, but it could just be me (I always just middle-click tabs to close them).

Testing the latest nightly build.

Such as?

Here are a few that I could think of on the spot:

- Identity Block

- Larry 2.0

- Tab Rearrange/Detach Animations

- Are We Pretty Yet?

- In-Content UI

There are also a lot of polish bugs like fixing the bottom curves of the tabs and the "Add Tab" button and adding shadows, etc. to look nearly as good as the mockups, as well as lots of stuff from the All Hands meeting just last month.

Most of these will likely get pushed back to 4.x, seemingly. So I guess you could say they aren't holding them for final.

Oh yeah...TabCandy/Panorama still has some glaring bugs, too, but quite a few fixes have landed recently, so there's still hope for that.

Thanks for the answer on the taskbar pinning.

Yes, I mean between windows. I kind of figured app tabs were going to be this "Everywhere all the time, every time." sort of deal. Is it eventually going to be between windows too?

Yeah, I figured that, too. Last I heard, that feature got pushed back to 4.x. Hopefully app tabs will get the proper attention after 4.0 final is released.

You forgot about changing Bookmarks Manager UI to match the main browser window on Windows 7 / Vista. I also would like them to change Downloads UI to look a bit prettier.

all that for ff 4.next

nice stuff landing

#569850 [Firefox:Theme]-For tabs in the title bar, background tabs shouldn't be transparent under Win XP and Win 7/classic [Win]

#587503 [Firefox:TabCandy]-Improve reordering tabs in groups [All] (i dont care though)

#598921 [Firefox:Theme]-Reduce default addon bar height [All]

Just wondering, everyone has been doing some really nice stuff with customizing firefox 4 with a bit of nice css since it first came out, why is it taking them so long to complete the ui to the standard of the mockups?

(not a criticism, just a question)

One of the arguments that they used to switch tabs to the top was that you could flick your cursor to the top of the screen and hit the right tab, rather than having to hit a specific spot at a certain height.

Anyone know why they decided to change that even though it's clearly possible with tweaks?

One of the arguments that they used to switch tabs to the top was that you could flick your cursor to the top of the screen and hit the right tab, rather than having to hit a specific spot at a certain height.

Anyone know why they decided to change that even though it's clearly possible with tweaks?

It's like that now in the more recent builds. It'll be like that in beta 9 when its released (today?)

Just wondering, everyone has been doing some really nice stuff with customizing firefox 4 with a bit of nice css since it first came out, why is it taking them so long to complete the ui to the standard of the mockups?

(not a criticism, just a question)

The only reason I can come up with is that they're lazy and slow. :p

In all seriousness, you're right, and to be quite honest most of the basic theming should have only taken a few days to complete.There's no reason to skin elements in a half-assed manner, just as they've been doing simply to get it out the door. Especially when it only takes a few minutes to skin something with CSS properly if you're familiar with the language.

^ Yeah, I can't argue with that.

Also, I'm surprised they didn't try to squeeze in the fix for the Undo Close Tab bug for beta 9. If you have opened Panorama at any time throughout your session (and if you're like me, a session can last weeks) and later on try to undo a closed tab, your current tabs will disappear and only the "undone" tab shows. You can still retrieve the tabs in Panorama or by pressing Ctrl + ~, but it seems like it'll be a big headache for Mozilla when people get a hold of b9. Most people will think their tabs are simply gone.