Meet Firefox 4.0.1

12fps on my work desktop which is a HP Compaq DX2000 PC (E4500 2.2GHz with 1GB RAM and an Intel 946GZ integrated GPU)

I expect my home PC will max out the 60fps cap...

On my co-worker's Win 7 machine, the same test runs on IE9 at 60+ fps. I think they really botched something this this release. Let's just hope that more frequent updates means this will be fixed soon, otherwise it's pretty horrible to watch even non-hardware accelerated browsers like Safari and Chrome kick it's butt.

it's taking forever to load thier servers prolly getting pounded right now LOL.

60+fps here too on i5 430m 2.27-2.53GHz,Mobility Radeon 5650 1GB.Maybe your HA is not turned on?Type about:support on the last table you need to have direct2D:true,directwrite:true and the last one must be 1/1 Direct3D 9/10.On my old HP i have ticked the use HA when available, but it doesn't use it because drivers are old(it sais it need 10.6 ATI drivers or newer).

Co-worker's GPU is a AMD Mobility Radeon HD5470 with 1GB of memory. Direct2D is disabled, so is DirectWrite and GPU acceleration is 0/1. I just told him to upgrade his graphics drivers.

On my Mac I get this...

Direct2D Enabled: false

DirectWrite Enabled: false

WebGL Renderer: NVIDIA Corporation -- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M OpenGL Engine -- 2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.26

GPU Accelerated Windows: 1/1 OpenGL

I'll report back on if upgrading the Windows 7 machine's drivers make a difference. As for my Mac, I haven't upgraded to 10.6.7 yet but I don't think it has any GPU driver upgrades for me anyway. I think it's just a sloppy implementation for Macs then.

Still doesn't explain why IE9 was able to run it at full speed on his computer though.

Just as a followup, after upgrading his drivers everything was enabled and he was able to get 60+ fps on the test. Thanks for the help.

As for me, I'm probably stuck in low-fps land.

Still doesn't explain why IE9 was able to run it at full speed on his computer though.

Firefox likely has a different range of blacklisted drivers.

It may take a while before people start thinking about how they need to update their gfx drivers for browsers - it's pretty much always been the domain of gamers. Now everyone should be paying attention.

Is double clicking for new tab taken away?

I tried disabling putting the tab on top and it still maxi/minimize the screen. I even installed tab mix plus and it didn't help. Is it built this way or is there a way to make double clicking open new tab. Note: I do know that middle click can open new tab.

I tried disabling putting the tab on top and it still maxi/minimize the screen. I even installed tab mix plus and it didn't help. Is it built this way or is there a way to make double clicking open new tab. Note: I do know that middle click can open new tab.

It behaves this way because the tab bar is now in the aero window border, this is the proper behavior for double clicking part of the aero border.

OK, I think -moz-appearance affects this but I don't know what that element on the left-side is called. Can anyone tell me? Trial-and-erroring my way through the list is too much hassle with having to keep relaunching the browser to see what happens. I have the add-on bar behaving exactly how I want now. Just need it to look right.

This is pretty close to what I'm looking for. But how can I make it look like the new-style status bar. For consistency I'd like them both to match.

image2tv.png

I know this has probably been discussed before, but the only thing I'm not super happy with in Firefox is the add-on bar. It takes a lot of space, and I can't disable it because I need some of the add-ons functionality like the Alexa ratings. Is there an add-on to make it just a button in the bottom right corner that would expand on mouse hover, or something similar?

Thanks.

Try this:

/*Animated Add-on Bar and Find Bar fixes*/
#navigator-toolbox:not([customizing]) ~ #browser-bottombox {
	position: fixed;
	bottom: 0;
	left: 0;
}
#navigator-toolbox:not([customizing]) ~ #browser-bottombox #addon-bar {
	-moz-appearance: none !important;
	padding: 4px 10px 2px 10px !important;
	margin-bottom: -1px !important;
	border: none !important;
	border-radius: 1.5px 1.5px 0 0 !important;
	margin-right: 25px !important;
	background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(255,255,255,.8), rgba(200,200,200,.8)) !important;
	box-shadow: 0 0 0 1px rgba(0,0,0,.25) inset, 0 0 0 2px rgba(255,255,255,.5) inset !important;
	bottom: -7px;
	right: 25px;
	opacity: 0;
	-moz-transition: bottom 0.25s 0.5s ease-in, opacity 0.1s 0.65s ease-in;
}
#addon-bar .toolbarbutton-1 {
	vertical-align: bottom !important;
}
#navigator-toolbox:not([customizing]) ~ #browser-bottombox #addon-bar:hover {
	opacity: 1;
	-moz-transition: bottom .25s .25s ease-out, opacity 0.1s 0.25s ease-out;
}
#FindToolbar {
}
#FindToolbar .findbar-container {
	margin-bottom: -2px !important;
	margin-left: -2px !important;
	border-radius: 0 1.5px 0 0 !important;
	background: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(255,255,255,.8), rgba(200,200,200,.8)) !important;
	box-shadow: 0 0 0 1px rgba(0,0,0,.25) inset, 0 0 0 2px rgba(255,255,255,.5) inset !important;
}
#FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="notfound"] + .findbar-find-status, #FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="wrapped"] + .findbar-find-status {
  	padding-right: 5px !important;
}
#FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="notfound"], #FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="wrapped"] {
 	 margin-left: -1px !important;
}
#FindToolbar .find-status-icon:not([status="notfound"]):not([status="wrapped"]) + .findbar-find-status {
 	 display: none !important;
}

Put this code inside your userChrome.css - only works when tabs on titlebar is off (maximized or normal mode) - by foxxyn8:

#navigator-toolbox > #TabsToolbar {
	-moz-binding: url("chrome://global/content/bindings/toolbar.xml#toolbar") !important;
}

Anyone else getting this problem? You need at least 2 tabs open, and hover over any link on a page that will show the URL bar at the bottom. It shifts the colour in the left/right borders downwards when the URL bar opens. It's quite distracting when that happens.

no_hover.pnghover.png

Confirmed this still happens on a new profile with no addons added or settings changed.

EDIT: added an animated gif at this -> link <- to better elaborate the problem.

Try this:

/*Animated Add-on Bar and Find Bar fixes*/
#navigator-toolbox:not([customizing]) ~ #browser-bottombox {
	left: 0;
}
#navigator-toolbox:not([customizing]) ~ #browser-bottombox #addon-bar {
	padding: 4px 10px 2px 10px !important;
	margin-bottom: -1px !important;
	border-radius: 1.5px 1.5px 0 0 !important;
	margin-right: 25px !important;
	background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(255,255,255,.8), rgba(200,200,200,.8)) !important;
	bottom: -7px;
	right: 25px;
	-moz-transition: bottom 0.25s 0.5s ease-in, opacity 0.1s 0.65s ease-in;
}
#addon-bar .toolbarbutton-1 {
	vertical-align: bottom !important;
}
#navigator-toolbox:not([customizing]) ~ #browser-bottombox #addon-bar:hover {
	-moz-transition: bottom .25s .25s ease-out, opacity 0.1s 0.25s ease-out;
}
#FindToolbar {
}
#FindToolbar .findbar-container {
	margin-bottom: -2px !important;
	margin-left: -2px !important;
	border-radius: 0 1.5px 0 0 !important;
	background: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(255,255,255,.8), rgba(200,200,200,.8)) !important;
}
#FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="notfound"] + .findbar-find-status, #FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="wrapped"] + .findbar-find-status {
  	padding-right: 5px !important;
}
#FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="notfound"], #FindToolbar .find-status-icon[status="wrapped"] {
 	 margin-left: -1px !important;
}
#FindToolbar .find-status-icon:not([status="notfound"]):not([status="wrapped"]) + .findbar-find-status {
 	 display: none !important;
}

I tried this, addon bar just disappears for good :/

Nope. No theme at all. It could be Aero kicking in.

I guess I just need to know what the default colours are for that status bar-type popup.

All I have in my userchrome.css is this:

#appmenu-button 
{
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(25,143,224,.7), rgba(22,80,129,.7)) !important;
}

#addon-bar {
  bottom: -12px;
  right: 1px;
  border: 0 !important;
  -moz-border-radius: 4px 0 0 0 !important;
  -moz-transition: bottom .2s 1s ease-in, opacity .2s 1s ease-in;
  padding-top: 1px !important;
}

#addon-bar:hover {
  bottom: 1px;
  -moz-transition: bottom .2s ease-out, opacity .2s ease-in;
}

That makes mine appear transparent as well. Apart from that it works good (Y)

Can you tell me if you find out what's making yours transparent? Thanks

Guys, no offense, but we have a thread for stylish. Might as well discuss the problems there, if it's related to userchrome.css

That happens over here as well, the "jumping border" glitch. It is quite annoying.

It's a known bug.

Does anyone have issues with the font looking "fuzzy" ... I'm running FF 4 and I think everything is at default values.. but my fonts looks fuzzy and seem to be faint.. anyone notice? I have cleartype on in Win7 and have adjusted the setting...

Does anyone have issues with the font looking "fuzzy" ... I'm running FF 4 and I think everything is at default values.. but my fonts looks fuzzy and seem to be faint.. anyone notice? I have cleartype on in Win7 and have adjusted the setting...

Looks normal to me. Not fuzzy at all.