Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Where can I obtain Firefox 4 Beta 1?

On the Firefox Beta website it's not yet listed.

It's not released yet, everyone in this topic is just running nightly builds.

i was depending on Add-on Compatibility reporter to get the incompatible addons to work with minefield but now when it got updated to 4.0b2pre all the addons are broken. is there a workaround for that? thanks

i was depending on Add-on Compatibility reporter to get the incompatible addons to work with minefield but now when it got updated to 4.0b2pre all the addons are broken. is there a workaround for that? thanks

This has been answered quite a few times in the thread before.

Set:

extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b;false

This has been answered quite a few times in the thread before.

Set:

extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b;false

Yeah, extensions.checkCompatibility only applies to 3.5 and lower, it's now a per version check so people don't set it and forget it.

i miss understood this, it made me think that it wasn't usable anymore :D thanks

Nice downloading now. Does it install alongside current firefox or over it?

so not the real deal yet , just another nightly build ? when is the real thing coming out ?

When they fix it I guess, mine was missing the minimise / max / close button and had problems posting with

correct this isn't beta 1, its just a candidate for beta 1, some bugs need fixing before beta 1 is actually released, won't be ready for a few days atleast.

Please close this topic as the other topic covers this.

Pics of the XP version?

Here you go.

post-120066-12778266376017.png

I see they have not implemented the ability to install/update addons without having to restart the browser.

Also 97 on Acid 3

The one big thing for me is that I can't move the bookmarks button over next to the home button. The layout makes no sense... why arrows pointing to the right when the sub-menu opens to the left?

The one big thing for me is that I can't move the bookmarks button over next to the home button. The layout makes no sense... why arrows pointing to the right when the sub-menu opens to the left?

Just discovered this: You can't move the bookmark button itself, but you can move both the URL bar and the search bar to the right of the bookmark button -- same effect.

Here you go.

I see they have not implemented the ability to install/update addons without having to restart the browser.

This will possible only with jetpack-based addons.

OP should rename thread to "Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 Pre"

Or am I confused?

This thread covers the development of Firefox 4. The title needs an update, but the thread is fine as it is.

Here you go.

Also 97 on Acid 3

Addons have to switch to the new framework to take advantage of the lack of restart. It's there.

Meanwhile, oh god, Acid 3 again.

Stylish not working... I'm on the 4.0 beta 2 nightly as mine says... Why is it Beta 2... When the Menu is still not working! I'm annoyed at having to use the menu to update or change big settings since the new menu is too small and lacks everything.

This will possible only with jetpack-based addons.

It doesn't have to be based on Jetpack, it can be a "old style" extension as long as it plays by a few rules.

They're called "bootstrapped" addons.

Edit: It's not going to get 100/100 on Acid3, Mozilla have no plans to implement SVG fonts (They lack the hinting info TTF/OTF/WOFF fonts have, and their only "benefit" is that they can include animations and colours)