Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Someone obviously doesn't understand the concept of 'pre-beta' :rofl:

But in all seriousness, the tabs need fixing, they have chopped corners rather than rounded ones, but it's too late, I've moved to Chrome. Sorry Firefox and thanks for all the years.

Thread title and all the "it's here! it's here!" business made it seem like it was some what close to being final. And from all the other mockups we've seen for the last few months I was expecting it to look...you know..nice. Sorry I don't pay much attention to browser release schedules.

Anyway I can install the latest Minefield without it affecting my current Firefox 3.6 Installation in ANY way? Last time I tried a Minefield build it tried to load my Firefox profile which messed everything up a good bit :whistle:

Anyway I can install the latest Minefield without it affecting my current Firefox 3.6 Installation in ANY way? Last time I tried a Minefield build it tried to load my Firefox profile which messed everything up a good bit :whistle:

Yeah! :crazy:

Thread title and all the "it's here! it's here!" business made it seem like it was some what close to being final. And from all the other mockups we've seen for the last few months I was expecting it to look...you know..nice. Sorry I don't pay much attention to browser release schedules.

It's nowhere near finished, expect 4.0 sometime later this year or next year. These are the trunk builds, Minefield as it's called (for obvious reasons).

I'll try finding the guide again. I found a guide on Google that using a little RUN line you can create a new profile and it asks you to choose whenever you start Firefox or Minefield :) Words 100% fine. It's what I use now.

Maybe because MAC OS X doesn't have the feature? I thourght that was quite obvious...

You can draw just about anything in the dock (badges etc), it just has to be done by the programmer

firefox.exe -profilemanager

Create a new profile, and make sure the dialog is set to show on start (otherwise it'll use the last profile selected)

firefox.exe -profilemanager

Create a new profile, and make sure the dialog is set to show on start (otherwise it'll use the last profile selected)

Thanks, I figured that much out by now^^ Just last time I uninstalled Minefield it took Firefox with it so to everyone be careful there :shiftyninja:

And I got quoted by Neobond, another achievement in my life I reached! :cry: :woot: :laugh:

What I do is download the zip, extract it, make a shortcut to firefox.exe and do this:

firefox.exe --profile C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Raven --no-remote

I usually have three or four profiles though.

It's nowhere near finished, expect 4.0 sometime later this year or next year. These are the trunk builds, Minefield as it's called (for obvious reasons).

With as slow as Mozilla is, I wouldn't expect 4.0 until about 2 years from now.

Maybe because MAC OS X doesn't have the feature? I thourght that was quite obvious...

Mac OS X' Dock has had this feature 7.5 years before Windows got it.

I will use this thread to post significant updates on Firefox. And want you all to contribute by not creating similar threads , we can have all the discussion related to Firefox 4.0 here. It will be wonderful if you also post your search here. :)

Performance :

• 97 Score in Acid3 Test
  • According to peacekeeper benchmark, its as fast as Safari 4.0.5, if not faster
  • D2D rendering
  • WebGL support
  • OOPPS support(decentralizing plugin processes from browser , thus making it stable)
  • Improved JS performance and faster loading time

Looks:
  • Aero re-landed
  • New addon manager
  • New theme
  • More customization (tabs-on-top)
  • Remove list all tabs button
  • Change position of Add new tab button
  • Bring elements from other bars to tab bar
  • Full Windows 7 features support

Tentative RoadMap:[/b][/u]

• Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 - 24 June
  • Firefox 4.0 RC1 - Mid~Late October
  • Firefox 4.0 Final - November ~ December

Jager Monkey Status :

<SNIPPED>

Download here

I don't see anywhere in that post that you pointed out that this is:

A) A NIGHTLY build - which is HIGHLY UNSTABLE and likely to break your profile and/or destroy other things

B) Aero is unlikely to stay on

C) It's not going to stay looking anything like this - large UI changes incoming

D) That aero is completely broken with DirectWrite on.

I think you should consider this, before linking users to download such a build.

anyone got a screenie of what the latest build looks like?

Currently, exactly the same.

It's a long way off being even remotely theme-complete.

---

Before you say "Oh, I don't know anything" - I use the hourly builds and report bugs.

Had that enabled for a few builds now :)

captureqm.th.png

Could you tell me how to make those tabs without names like that , and that progress line above the tabs too , please ? :D

Could you tell me how to make those tabs without names like that , and that progress line above the tabs too , please ? :D

To get your tabs like that you need FaviconizeTab

and to get the progress bar you will need:

Updated Stylish Addon

Tab Mix Plus

Stylish Script

:)