Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Well then why do you have a menubar + a bookmarks bar with nothing on it...

You're creating the ugly ass UI with all your settings.

No I'm not, thats the default UI when you install it.

Guys, please tell me why the hell I want so much glass at the top of the browser? I tried it and the inactive tabs are unreadable and basically looks like crap at the top.. Depending entirely of course what Wallpaper you have on Windows, well I use the default one.. and it makes the top of the browser look totally unfriendly and harder to use :/

Example

post-2-12763360317505.png

Ah , it really looks bad , but have a look @ the my attachment too

What i mean is , you have the option to hide all of them , so why not? Hide the bookmark's bar , menu bar , and see , its friendly again!

No I'm not, thats the default UI when you install it.

1)Its pre alpha , default settings will change when Firefox Menu button will come

2)Background for bookmark bar will land soon , so aero for that will also be lost soon

3)Its firefox , you can change the looks anytime :)

post-293012-12763367851057.png

Ah , it really looks bad , but have a look @ this too

post-293012-12763367851057.png

What i mean is , you have the option to hide all of them , so why not? Hide the bookmark's bar , menu bar , and see , its friendly again!

1)Its pre alpha , default settings will change when Firefox Menu button will come

2)Background for bookmark bar will land soon , so aero for that will also be lost soon

That on the other hand isn't a default layout :)

That on the other hand isn't a default layout :)

In either case , you have option to change :) So don't act lazy :p (no offense)

Guys, please tell me why the hell I want so much glass at the top of the browser? I tried it and the inactive tabs are unreadable and basically looks like crap at the top.. Depending entirely of course what Wallpaper you have on Windows, well I use the default one.. and it makes the top of the browser look totally unfriendly and harder to use :/

Example

post-2-12763360317505.png

it's not final:

Firefox-4-Mockup-i06-%28Win7%29-%28Aero%29-%28TabsBottom%29-%28ExtraToolbars%29.png

and anyway it's a matter of tastes. as far as i'm concerned, i can't stand the way chrome's tabs are attached to the top of the window.

it's not final:

Firefox-4-Mockup-i06-%28Win7%29-%28Aero%29-%28TabsBottom%29-%28ExtraToolbars%29.png

and anyway it's a matter of tastes. as far as i'm concerned, i can't stand the way chrome's tabs are attached to the top of the window.

you explained that graphically :

[...]

Why the hell you want so much glass at the top of the browser? You obviously don't :p However, some of us do :) When I use Firefox in this way, I'll just ensure I'm using a desktop background which looks great with that much glass and I won't use the browser over other windows - it'll look so good then (to me); however, I do believe they should give people an option, in case they have a set up like yours. I think, not only do glass applications look bad with the default Windows 7 wallpaper, but the Task Bar does as well.

Why the hell you want so much glass at the top of the browser? You obviously don't :p However, some of us do :) When I use Firefox in this way, I'll just ensure I'm using a desktop background which looks great with that much glass and I won't use the browser over other windows - it'll look so good then (to me); however, I do believe they should give people an option, in case they have a set up like yours. I think, not only do glass applications look bad with the default Windows 7 wallpaper, but the Task Bar does as well.

you can also install a persona, i'tll disable aero!

EDIT: i've just found this: http://blog.stephenhorlander.com/2010/06/01/in-content-ui-visual-unification/

Yeah, they're not final, they were aiming to land at least a beta of the new theme this month, and we're only half way in.

One of the new GUI/Tab features I'm interested in is "Tab Candy"

768826754.jpg

From what I've read, it should take advantage of the Layers work and should be quite fast with the proper hardware.

Yeah, they're not final, they were aiming to land at least a beta of the new theme this month, and we're only half way in.

One of the new GUI/Tab features I'm interested in is "Tab Candy"

768826754.jpg

From what I've read, it should take advantage of the Layers work and should be quite fast with the proper hardware.

Yeah , i really like this idea , tab candy will replace list all tabs , and right now , if u have Altpreview for it enabled , u can see aero being used by it to show all the tabs , like this :

post-293012-12763421985316.png

Firefox copying Google Chrome UI wise, except that the Firefox UI looks somehow like a cheesy copy of the Chrome UI. Don't like it basically.

Honestly the innovation seems to be happening with Webkit and Trident. Firefox looks like a cheap hooker with new bling.

Firefox copying Google Chrome UI wise, except that the Firefox UI looks somehow like a cheesy copy of the Chrome UI. Don't like it basically.

Honestly the innovation seems to be happening with Webkit and Trident. Firefox looks like a cheap hooker with new bling.

just because they put tabs on top like chrome? And rendering engine != UI

Theres no innovation going in trident, it's still behind Gecko, Presto and Webkit

:) Please don't mind clicking here (this is for cheesy word) sir

:) Please don't mind knowing , no one copied anyone sir

Why is it a "cheesy copy"? It isn't even finished.

Except for Firefox having the most advanced HTML5 support and all that, you mean?

I like the tabs on top feature... just not how they look right now. I can't wait for them to get that properly designed. So far, the nightlies are performing fast, just not as fast as Chrome still.

Do you really have to promote Chrome in every single comment you make?

Is this only on Windows 7? The tabs are not at the top on the Windows XP system I'm using at the moment.

Right click on the toolbar, check "Tabs on top"

Is this only on Windows 7? The tabs are not at the top on the Windows XP system I'm using at the moment.

For AERO only , that's why it had "New UI and Aero"

Sorry for not being precise

For you to get that , you need to wait for Firefox menu button to land , and that too not like a toolbar button , but placed @ top left after drawing the titlebar...

Till then , Tabs for you will not use Luna etc...

Theres no innovation going in trident, it's still behind Gecko, Presto and Webkit

Trident is getting hardware acceleration, I thought and HTML 5 support, plus fast java engine. (just knowledge from general reading, I'm no guru), either way Mozilla seems to be playing catchup to Webkit and really stumbling on the way.

Do you really have to promote Chrome in every single comment you make?

LOL , dont take that seriously PreKe , we too would like to promote Firefox :D

And why no one tells Chrome lovers and who say "copy' etc that Chrome , basically is using WebKit Engine (not its own) , and some of the Firefox core codes (im not that pro , so dunno which , but yes it does)

So , why dont u say that Chrome too copied many things...

Except for Firefox having the most advanced HTML5 support and all that, you mean?

From what I read, that's Webkit's crown not Firefox. lol you've drank from the cool-aide fountain of Mozilla I think :D

Trident is getting hardware acceleration, I thought and HTML 5 support, plus fast java engine. (just knowledge from general reading, I'm no guru), either way Mozilla seems to be playing catchup to Webkit and really stumbling on the way.

So they did all these innovations , except hardware acceleration... ?

BTW why is IE speeding up their Java engine? Wont u use the word catchup here again?

From what I read, that's Webkit's crown not Firefox. lol you've drank from the cool-aide fountain of Mozilla I think :D

In http://beta.html5test.com/ , following are the scores (out of 315)

Chrome 6 - 220

Firefox 3.7a6- 186

Safari 5 - even less (forgot the figures , but definitely less than Firefox)

Opera 10.6 - 129

So i see two WebKit Browsers here , 1 @ top , 1 @ bottom of firefox. Yeah they are the king of the hill really!

BTW i can see less ppl are voting for "No , i hate firefox""

So they did all these innovations , except hardware acceleration... ?

BTW why is IE speeding up their Java engine? Wont u use the word catchup here again?

In http://beta.html5test.com/ , following are the scores

Chrome 6 - 220

Firefox 3.7a6- 186

Safari 5 - even less (forgot the figures , but definitely less than Firefox)

So i see two WebKit Browsers here , 1 @ top , 1 @ bottom . Yeah they are the king of the hill really!

BTW i can see less ppl are voting for "No , i hate firefox""

Safari 5 on Mac gets 208 plus 7 bonus points. You really should learn facts before posting.

Safari 5 on Mac gets 208 plus 7 bonus points. You really should learn facts before posting.

LOL! So you are now comparing scores between two different OSs. These were on Win7 , and there is really no meaning to compare like this. BTW Safari and Mac , i see some optimization between them...