Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Enable tabs on top, disable the menu and status bar, then customise the toolbars a bit to move items around.

O.K.

actually i was talking about the Addon manager

forgot to mention that

If you have the latest nightly it should show up, It shows up for me on my PC and my Mac (Tools > Add-ons)

it just updated again

it did show up now :D

isn't there a about:config option to enable it?

It's commented out in the theme.

There's no config option, any part of a window that isn't opaque gets the Glass appearance, you can see it in the download manager.

I like the layout, but the default theme looks a bit boring. Another bummer is, that as far as i can see, Mozilla is going for a address bar & Search bar 2 in 1 (like in Chrome). I'm more comfortable with them being separate, but I'm sure there'll be some option to have them separated. (I hope so.)

Add-ons in a tab... one of the many things I absolutely hate in Chrome, I really hope Mozilla does not push forward with this implementation :(

Edit:

I like having my search/address bar combined, makes things a bit faster. They should at least make it a configurable option, as many casual users don't mess with about:config stuff

I think it's amusing how every browser is trying to copy Chrome's layout and minimality now. And, how about a progress bar option on the Mac dock?

Maybe because MAC OS X doesn't have the feature? I thourght that was quite obvious...

I like the layout, but the default theme looks a bit boring. Another bummer is, that as far as i can see, Mozilla is going for a address bar & Search bar 2 in 1 (like in Chrome). I'm more comfortable with them being separate, but I'm sure there'll be some option to have them separated. (I hope so.)

They may have the search bar separate in the final version. I don't know where they stand on that. I think some of the newer mockups show it separate.

GRAPHICS ARE NOT FINAL say planet.firefox.com

BTW i think awesomebar is better than omnibar. You type any query in it , if firefox finds a relevant page , it will open it , but if not then it will show google page results. So this is something like one step ahead of omibar. For eg type Chrome Dev Download in omnibar and awesomebar.

In omnibar either you have to wait for the browser to search page and give u a link right on drop down page , or have to press enter and choose from results (2 inputs,i.e enter and choosing the page OR extra time)

In awesombar, you have to just type that and press enter ,you are on the actual Chrome Developer Channel download. (1 Input,i.e enter)

• 2 weeks later...