[Official] Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor beta June 21 on Xbox 360, PS3 & PC

from Joystiq by James Ransom-Wiley

The Medal of Honor multiplayer beta will launch June 21 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. Beta codes will be distributed by retailers to pre-purchasers of the game. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "VIP" members (anyone who bought the game new or bought VIP access) who have also pre-ordered Medal of Honor will receive early access to the beta, beginning this Thursday, June 17.

The beta will include two maps, Helmand Valley and Kabul City Ruins, and support for up to 24 players across two gameplay modes, Team Assault and Combat Mission. During its E3 press conference today, EA showcased a live demonstration of the DICE-developed multiplayer. It looked sharp, and it looked a lot like Modern Warfare too.

Additional details about beta enrollment are available on medalofhonor.com. Medal of Honor is scheduled for release on October 12.

So we get a PC beta :) and because i have a VIP code (cause i bought bad compny 2 new) we get into the beta too (from the way it sounds)

So we get a PC beta :) and because i have a VIP code (cause i bought bad compny 2 new) we get into the beta too (from the way it sounds)

People who have BC2 VIP codes just get a head start, from my understanding. So VIPs will be able to enter the beta on June 17th, and non-VIPs will be able to enter on June 21st. However, you will have to pre-order the game, regardless of which group you belong to.

Edit: Removed the second part of my post. That sounded a little more whiney than I wanted it to.

Yep, it's just like the Bad Company 2 beta. You need to pre-order the game in order to play. I'm gonna pass on it until I see enough of the game. Right now, all I saw were the trailers and a couple of screenshots. I haven't seen any gameplay at all.

Yep, it's just like the Bad Company 2 beta. You need to pre-order the game in order to play. I'm gonna pass on it until I see enough of the game. Right now, all I saw were the trailers and a couple of screenshots. I haven't seen any gameplay at all.

E3

MP Trailer

Thanks for the links, maydax. It actually looks better than I expected. It also reminds me of Bad Company 2, almost like a complete re-skin of the game. Who knows, I might pre-order it to try out the beta (if I can easily cancel the pre-order in case I don't like it).

The Linkin Park music in the MP trailer reminds me of Transformers, haha.

The Linkin Park music in the MP trailer reminds me of Transformers, haha.

because it was from Transformers. :laugh:

The Bad Company 2 beta was open to everyone. Pre-order was not required

It looks good. :D I am also happy that the red dot/holographic sight does not take up a lot of space like in BF:BC2, where in you can't see the target when you are shooting.

The only thing that I think might irk me is the flashing of the points after you kill someone. That red flash might **** me off in the middle of a shoot out.

The Bad Company 2 beta was open to everyone. Pre-order was not required

The PC version of the BC2 beta wasn't available to everyone from the get-go. Those who pre-ordered the game gained early access. Actually, I don't think it was ever made public.

As for the gunclub site, there isn't much to do. There's two areas: "EARLY ACCESS MEDAL OF HONOR BETA" and "EARLY ACCESS M24 SNIPER RIFLE". The former requires BC2 VIP status and a beta key for MOH and the latter only requires BC2 VIP status. Those bought the limited edition of BC2 also received a key that gave them access to certain weapons and free DLC.

Looks like a massive clone of BFBC, which isn't surprising but so many of the assets are reused it's crazy.

I'll still buy/play it, but I have a feeling it'll grow tedious on a lot of people quickly.

I pre ordered from Gamestop, if it's to much like Modern Warfare 2 I'll cancel. It looks really similar though, from what I've seen so far.

Aye it's what I thought. Totally burned out on CoD. ****ing hate the franchise now it can die in a fire. This looks too similar at the moment for me. With the almost double figures of shooters due this year/start of 2011. I can pass this by.

Although, I have never played MW2, it does look alot like some of the gameplay (MW2) videos I have seen. Which is not a good thing IMO.

Also, the gameplay in that videos seems very static. Run, stop, aim, shoot, turn etc etc. Then again it is on the console, anyone seen any PC gameplay?

Other thing I noticed were all those points in the centre of your screen distracting you, I hope we can turn that off. I don't play for points, I have no interest in points. God damn it, stop treating all of us like 11yr olds (N)