Tribes 1 + Tribes 2

I seem to be having a problem connecting to the master servers when playing trying to play online. I am on 56k v90 dialup Modem. I did not have this problem when i was running Windows 2000 or 98 for that matter only with XP. Can someone help me out i would be really gratefull.

I know the Tribes2 master server has been having a few problems... but it seems to be ok now....

- I know its not really a solution - more of a workaround - but if u cant connect to master server - just use Gamespy -

if u havent even been able to update tribes2 since u installed - there is a method of actually downloading the update and installing it - unfortunately I cant remember the address of where this is :/

I am also having a Tribes 2 problem with XP also. Everytime the game is about to finish loading the objects it just quits out. And then when I try to update the game on line, the first patch also quits out.

jmole - there is a BIG problem with the update for tribes update (lol i cant believe u have t update the updater eheh) - but I had the prob in win2K too....here is a link - im not sure if this is all the updates u need - but it could help:

http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=1384

it defnitely is possible to get the update for update somewhere - Ive had loads of probs m,yself - where the updater cant even find an ftp to d/l from - but I've just had to come back and try again later....

It is a pain in the ass - but Im sure you'll agree that Tribes is worth it :D

PS - velocity3k - i seem to get less unhandled exceptions playing Tribes in XP than 2000 pro - so really try to get it workin (btw i did say LESS - i still get them lol)